Gransnet forums

Care & carers

Guardian to grandson

(3 Posts)
torstours Mon 12-Oct-15 09:52:57

Our grandson lives with us on special guardianship rules. He still sees his father who in fact is not his real father and always comes back with strong views against us.. Is never thankful that his brother had to go to foster care but just jealous of the 2 children who live with mum. He is a clever 10 yr old whom we have to control parental wise etc . Yesterday he arrived home from a visit with a mobile phone no charger or SIM card an email account he said to keep in touch with his family and facebook acct set up for him by his aunties so called. Should we stop him seeing his father bearing in mind he has this bond give up or what. He sees a therapist just for eating which is not progressing something which developed when around this family. He shouts at. Us whenever he doesn't get his own way. Thankyou.

ninathenana Mon 12-Oct-15 11:33:57

I don't see a problem with him having an e-mail account to keep in touch with others he regards as family members. He should not have a FB account at his age.
Is this man the only father he's known? May I ask is he in touch with his birth father? If your DGS regards this man,as his father and has affection for him I think it would be wrong to prevent them seeing each other unless there is cruelty involved rather than misguided parenting. You obviously don't approve of things the 'father' does but I think that's something you may have to learn to live with.

ninathenana Mon 12-Oct-15 11:37:00

Just to add, Why would you expect him to be thankful that his brother had to go into foster care?? confused