Gransnet forums

Care & carers

Advice

(5 Posts)
Shez Tue 29-Dec-15 11:29:04

Im lookimg for some advice. Im my grans gran daughter and in the recent couple of years became her carer. Ive lived with my gran basically all my life in her house as my mum didn't seem to want me. Im 26 and i have a partner of 3years that lives here with me too. We do pay rent and surport my gran everyday in whatever she needs. My gran has two daughters but they dont seem to bother much" one being my mum who's just money orintated and the other a solisitor who well recently has took an intrest in her mum. The advice im asking is rguarding her house. The two daughters i beleive got half left each agreed in my grandads will. Im lead to believe theb another agreement was made that my mum would buy the hother half off her sister for me. I do apologise for the long windedness of this but its alot to exsplain. Apparently due to my auntie doing work to my grans house ,costing so im told 7 or 8k she will not account for the last 15k my mum payed her. So here's the issue im stuck in the middle with my gran saying i can't be just kicked out,witch i do worry. My auntie is seems wants her mum to have a bunglow and sell the house. I have no savings and just need to know what the best thing is for me ti do? I don't want my gran to get a bunglow but i see and we can't cope with house falling apart an no money to fix it .

Luckygirl Tue 29-Dec-15 11:35:59

Citizens' Advice might be able to help you understand where you stand on this, which does sound very complicated.

M0nica Tue 29-Dec-15 20:13:41

Every town will have a Citizen's Advice Bureau (CAB) who give free help and advice to anyone with problems like yours. Google your town and the words Citizen's Advice Bureau and the address will come up together with opening times and whether you need to make an appointment.

I googled my local town and Citizen's Advice Bureau and up came there site. It was very clear helpful site giving location details and opening times.

Shez Wed 13-Jan-16 05:25:46

Thank you for your replys. I think we have things worked out now. Im saving ready to get a flat and grans stsying here. I think i will too to look after her and make sure she is ok

M0nica Wed 13-Jan-16 11:12:24

Shez so pleased to hear that. You are a wonderful grandaughter flowers