Gransnet forums

Care & carers

What can I do?

(7 Posts)
CardiGrandma Sun 30-Oct-16 19:21:26

To make life easier for me, my grandson (back in May) agreed to swap rooms with us so that myself and my husband now live and sleep downstairs and he lives and sleeps upstairs. On Thursday my husband's hearing aid packed up and so in order to communicate I have to ring the bell I have by my table to get my grandson to say "I am trying to tell you something" however today I rang the bell for half an hour, and couldn't tell my husband to ring the front doorbell to get my grandson to come down and my grandson tells me he only heard me ring one. Should I ask him to switch off all sounds in his room (television, computer) and open his door so he can hear my bell?

Jayanna9040 Sun 30-Oct-16 19:46:29

Phone him on his mobile - he'll answer that!

CardiGrandma Sun 30-Oct-16 22:09:24

He came downstairs earlier on and apologised if he had caused any upset (stating that none was intended) and as said that he has turned off his television and computer sound and will have the door open all the time from now on.

Bellanonna Sun 30-Oct-16 22:35:34

Result?

rubylady Mon 31-Oct-16 04:07:26

What a lovely lad. smile

Teetime Mon 31-Oct-16 09:25:46

How about one of those alarms people have for babies nurseries then you can actually speak rather than ringing and he can hear you if your are having problems.

Linsco56 Mon 31-Oct-16 09:39:18

That's what I thought Rubylady.