Gransnet forums

Care & carers

Caring at a distance

(3 Posts)
Granny23 Tue 13-Aug-19 10:22:22

The Alzehemiers Society's on line forum 'Talking Point' would be the ideal place to float your ideas and get feedback. There are hundreds of Carers using the forum and a percentage of them are doing their best to arrange and co-ordinate Care from a distance.

fourormore Tue 13-Aug-19 10:12:49

What a lovely lady you are! Caring for dementia is tough and to do it from a distance must have been a constant worry at the back of your mind. Mum was only about 2 miles away but I still worried!
I appreciate there are different types of dementia but the Altzeimers Society may be able to help? I know there are bracelet type 'tracking devices' available nowadays for those in danger of wandering off. May be worth contacting them as you may have an idea that no one has thought of!
Good luck both with the ideas and your caring flowers

Clambert1234 Mon 12-Aug-19 17:53:38

I helped care for both of my Grandmothers who had Vascular Dementia. It was not an easy time and being a carer at a distance was, at times, very challenging.

During this period I had an idea for an app that I thought could help (this was back in 2014). Technology has moved on and I would like to explore if there is still a need for something now.

Do you, or someone you know, care for a loved one at a distance? Are you finding it a challenge juggling professional carer visits, shopping, Doctor appts etc? I would like to hear about your experiences. Thanks