Gransnet forums

Care & carers

80th Birthday

(6 Posts)
Granny23 Tue 26-Nov-19 09:32:06

Today, is OH's 80th Birthday. We have planned a fairly low key celebration in OH's Care Home because he has only recently settled there. There will only be close family - 3 grandbairns, 2 daughters + their other halfs, My sister and myself. We will have a buffet style tea,with a huge cake made by the Granddaughters, play some of OH's recordings and perhaps have a game of boule. His main present is a fantoosh bird feeder with 4 arms which, weather permitting, we shall install outside his unit window and thanks to a great suggestion on Talking Point there will be a pair of binoculars and a bird book to go with it.

Fingers crossed that it all goes well, though there is every chance that OH will doze off through most of it.

Gonegirl Tue 26-Nov-19 09:35:46

I wish him a very happy birthday Granny23. I will never forget the suggestion he made when I was asking for suitable presents for my drum playing GS. He suggested a cow bell for his drum set, which I bought and GS loves. smile

Much love to him.

Gonegirl Tue 26-Nov-19 09:37:07

PS, I wasn't Gonegirl then. I was someone beginning with j. smile

annsixty Tue 26-Nov-19 09:39:52

Granny23 I can imagine your thoughts today and memories going back to previous birthdays when your H was well and knew what birthdays were.
My H only had one birthday after going in to care and sadly he was in hospital, he had no idea it was his birthday and looked blank!y at cards, we didn't take gifts.
I hope you get through it fine and the GC enjoy.
Kindest wishes to you.

crazyH Tue 26-Nov-19 09:40:24

Happy 80th Birthday to your OH, Granny23. What a great idea.....he will love seeing all of you and the Binoculars will give him hours of pleasure. He can watch the birds feeding out of his bird feeder.
Have a lovely day today ? ? ? ?

lavenderzen Tue 26-Nov-19 09:44:28

Happy Birthday to your OH Granny23, I hope everything goes well and you all have a lovely day.