Gransnet forums

Care & carers

Two handled mugs

(9 Posts)
Whiff Sun 18-Oct-20 09:40:23

I am a Gransnetter and not an advertiser. I am on a couple of threads . I wanted a pretty two handled mugs for my sister in law for Christmas as she has MS. I would have thought it was easy to get.

Unfortunately all the ones on disabled sites are ugly. Not on the high street or eBay sell them. The ones on Amazon where ugly.

Finally I tried Esty only one person made them. A lovely young woman her company is called LollyCraftCreations the mug was £28. Had many emails between her yesterday. She started making them because her nana had arthritic hands but loved to drink out of a beautiful mug.

Talking to her yesterday she didn't realise they were so hard to come by. As she sells on Esty and local Highland shops. She will paint the design of your choice and put the person's name on if you wish.

I just thought if anyone else wanted such an item it would save you the hours I spent looking.

Glorybee Sun 18-Oct-20 09:52:38

What a great idea! And yes, who wants to drink out of an ugly mug?!

midgey Sun 18-Oct-20 10:00:21

I totally agree that mugs for the disabled are both very ugly and heavy! Thanks for the heads up.

PinkCakes Sun 18-Oct-20 14:13:29

How about a two-handled bone china cup and saucer?

www.completecareshop.co.uk/products/channel/Two-Handled-Cup-and-Saucer-Bone-China.jpg

Whiff Sun 18-Oct-20 14:39:53

PinkCakes that's nice but a bit vintage. I wanted something modern. My sister in law is 58.

cornishpatsy Sun 18-Oct-20 16:42:13

mobilitysmart.co.uk have some plain wade ones in nice colours £5.95

fevertree Sun 18-Oct-20 19:16:33

I've had some lovely 2 handle modern cups (not mugs) from bridgetpots on Etsy. She makes to order for £20 each.

www.etsy.com/uk/shop/bridgetpots/

midgey Sun 18-Oct-20 19:48:45

The Wade ones are quite heavy.

AdaDoom Sun 01-Aug-21 20:47:53

grannygetsagrip.com/product/two-handle-ceramic-mug/

grannygetsagrip.com/product/hand-thrown-two-handle-cups/