Gransnet forums

Chat

What are you looking forward to........?

(78 Posts)
jogginggirl Sun 14-Aug-11 22:14:44

Me.....? three blissful weeks away....................with my other half and hopefully a few wine wine wine

Quiltinggran Tue 23-Aug-11 22:00:24

Thanks Jacey. Vancouver's one of my favourite cities and I'll certainly be doing some sewing retail therapy while I'm there and in the US. Have only just finished newest DGS's cot quilt but already I feel more patchwork itching to get done! Will make notes of good places for you and will post them when I get back. Will miss you all while I'm away.smile

Jacey Tue 23-Aug-11 17:10:11

Hi Quiltinggran hope you have a terrific time ...am going to Vancouver in Oct ...would love to know any dos/dont's and any 'highly recommended' ...especially any sewing/knitting retail therapy smile

Quiltinggran Mon 22-Aug-11 21:22:31

Three weeks away in Canada and US, seeing an old friend of my parents in Vancouver, then travelling down the west coast to San Fransisco. Hoping time away will clarify lots of things that desperately need clarifying! But planning to enjoy the holiday too. Leaving early Wed morning, back 13th Sept.

Speldnan Mon 22-Aug-11 18:29:12

Grandchild number 2 in February.
Holiday in Norfolk in October with partner and actually the autumn in general!
Learning the Schubert piano pieces I recently bought.
The new Downton Abbey series and many more things including retiring at some point in the next 4 years

raggygranny Mon 22-Aug-11 17:20:49

Ninth grandchild - due in 2 weeks
New kitchen being finished (at the moment unplastered walls, just sink and cooker, and no daylight)
Trip to Paris with friend of 40+ years at end of Oct.

dorsetpennt Mon 22-Aug-11 11:32:00

My son and his wife are renewing their vows on their 10th wedding anniversary and are expecting their 2nd daughter in November. They are throwing a lunch party after the ceremony and many friends who attended their wedding will be there plus all the family. Looking forward to both of these so much

Granny23 Mon 22-Aug-11 01:48:01

Grumpy - Hope it is not too long before you have good news. My DDs' labours were the longest hours of my life!

harrigran Sun 21-Aug-11 23:44:05

Sending hugs and best wishes Grumpy Take time for yourself too.

glassortwo Sun 21-Aug-11 22:24:53

Grumpy you must be so excited.

Grumpyoldwoman Sun 21-Aug-11 21:52:26

My daughter has gone into labour so I now have 3 little darlings to stay..well they are little darlings just now 'cos they are in bed !!!!!

Sooo excited about new baby !! Will never be able to sleep.

GoldenGran Sun 21-Aug-11 18:36:10

You will feel better in the morning*Joan*, even though what was said won't have gone away. Your son will also have slept on it and you never know, he may feel remorseful. I am sorry I think family rows are the worst, very destructive, have a hug and sleep well. smile

Grumpyoldwoman Sun 21-Aug-11 13:26:51

Joan ...I am so sorry for you. Family rows are so hurtful.
I hope you get things sorted and manage to get some peace and sleep xxx

Stansgran Sun 21-Aug-11 13:25:29

I'm looking forward to the time when the GCs can play without screaming(it is Sunday after all) and now I've said that they have fallen silent so I' m off to find out why. Can't win

Zephrine Sun 21-Aug-11 13:04:47

Lunch.

Joan Sun 21-Aug-11 13:01:59

'What are you looking forward to?'

Just had a stupid row with eldest son. He was incredibly and unexpectedly rude and horrible. It is churning in my head, so all I am looking forward to is the oblivion of sleep. It won't be better in the morning, so I guess I'll look forward to the oblivion of the next sleep.

Families!

Grumpyoldwoman Sun 21-Aug-11 12:58:22

Thank you everyone ..yes I do ned a hug Lucid ..thankyou ..
so sorry if I have put a 'damper' on the thread

Back to what everyone is looking forward to xxx

Zephrine Sun 21-Aug-11 12:31:46

I'm sorry that your husband has such bad health problams GOW and it must be very difficult for him but he really has got you on a piece of string. You have a right to some life of your own, if you are happy that he is in safe hands and being taken care of take some time out for yourself. I had similar problems with my mum and it is a form of tyranny. Every time we went on holiday she had a 'funny turn' and I was torn between mum and husband. I had to treat her just like I did my children when they were 2 and be kind but firm. He might find when he got to a day centre that he enjoyed himself smile

lucid Sun 21-Aug-11 12:00:52

Thoughts and prayers are with you GOW .....and a hug if you need one.

jangly Sun 21-Aug-11 10:40:02

I hope all goes well for you and yours Grumpy.

Baggy Sun 21-Aug-11 10:38:59

hope all goes well today, GOW. xxx

Grumpyoldwoman Sun 21-Aug-11 10:32:00

Thank you Gally and Annobel for your wishes and thoughts.

The Doctor mentioned a Day centre ..but I think he would be horrified and it would look as though I don't want him.

'IF' one of the daughters offered to take him out he would want me to go with them to assemble his scooter and see to his oxygen etc.

He occasionally has to spend an overnight in hospital......he has to be there for 9pm (one hour drive there...and another back home) and I stay to get him settled (home at 11pm)....then I have to pick him up at 9am the following morning !!! Someone said last time it would be a 'wee break' for me ....yey that'll be right !!!!!!

Anyway more pressing matters of me having 3 grandchildren to stay for a couple of days from tonight while Mummy is in hospital.......only trouble is DH becomes very 'needy' when I am looking after the GC. !!

Annobel Sun 21-Aug-11 10:15:19

Best wishes to you and your daughter. It must be a nervous yet exciting time for you.
Is there no-one else you can get to take your husband out once in a while, or a day centre where he can go for a change of scene?

Gally Sun 21-Aug-11 10:13:09

Grumpyoldwoman - prayers and thoughts floating your way as I write - all will be well and this time tomorrow you will have a beautiful new grandaughter smile

Grumpyoldwoman Sun 21-Aug-11 09:51:50

Joan..I know exactly what you mean about having the house 'to yourself'.My DH is now disabled so he never goes out unless I take him.
It seems so selfish but I crave time to myself in the house.

But ..back to the plot;

I am very much looking forward to our 5th grandchild being born tomorrow.
It will be such a blessed relief when this darling baby girl is safely here as this is my eldest daughter who had a stillborn baby girl in October 2008.

any thoughts and prayers from you lovely Gransnetters would be much appreciated xxxx

greenmossgiel Sun 21-Aug-11 09:15:30

Have a great time bunic - remember all the funny bits to tell us when you come back! grin