Gransnet forums

Chat

Choccies advent calendars

(16 Posts)
grannyactivist Tue 06-Dec-11 12:59:35

Granny23 gringrin

Granny23 Tue 06-Dec-11 01:44:56

There is a story in the Herald today about a woman who "arrived home to find all the windows and doors open and everything gone".

Apparently her OH cannot resist an advent calendar!

harrigran Tue 06-Dec-11 00:09:16

My sister brought me an advent calendar from Germany, I get a delicious piece of chocolate marzipan every day smile

jingl Mon 05-Dec-11 09:15:46

Oh! I would have sooo liked to have got one of those for my two susie! Haven't been into town for a while due to aches and pains. I'm missing it all! sad

susiecb Mon 05-Dec-11 09:13:06

Well I love my Cadburys advent calendar its the only chocolate I have had since September!I gave my GS a John Lewis gingerbread cookie one and he was so happy he hugged it he takes it to school for his snack - dont care if its poitically incorrect according to the food police I love it when he's happy!

Ariadne Sun 04-Dec-11 20:24:22

The Jacquie Lawson online ones are still enchanting! -smile

kittylester Sun 04-Dec-11 19:57:54

Eating the chocolate all at once is much better for your teeth grin

Learnergrandma Sun 04-Dec-11 18:46:32

Oh this looks like a bit of fun Phoenix, thanks (but DD1 will want to know when she will get the chocolate....)

Anne58 Sun 04-Dec-11 18:12:12

I have to confess to doing an on-line one at work!

Most days there is some totally pointless (but strangely addictive) game to play,such as Elf Bowling.

Perhaps you could send your 25 year old DD a link to it?

Have a look at the Storm Internet hosting site.

Learnergrandma Sun 04-Dec-11 18:06:38

This is the first year - for the last quarter of a century, anyway, that I have NOT bought an advent calendar - I was just thinking of that as I trudged around ASDA and it made me quite miserable! But really, 25 is just too old for one, as I keep telling DD1.

Anne58 Sun 04-Dec-11 18:01:27

I have never (and never will) buy a chocolate filled adent calendar. The traditional ones with pictures are (imo) the best!

crimson Sun 04-Dec-11 13:50:52

Then you DO have to eat all the chocolate in one go, which amounts to probably half of a very small bar of chocolate [if that]. One tiny iota of chocolate gets me wanting to eat it for the rest of the day. Someone gave me a very large block of chocolate the other morning and I [I'm ashamed to say blush] ate the whole lot.

jingl Sun 04-Dec-11 13:19:36

It does, doesn't it Kitty! grin

I didn't give one to them this year. They gave me one. [bless their cotton socks emoti] smile

crimson Sun 04-Dec-11 12:24:59

I won't give the chocolate ones either; takes away the whole meaning of advent calendars and I don't like them eating chocolate first thing in the morning [especially if they're going to school afterwards]. By the way, thanks to whoever put up the link for the Jacquie Lawson advent calendar; my two grandsons absolutely love it! We rather go to town on advent stuff; got the playmobil one and a train with a draw for each day. Biggest disappointment ever was the Ninja turtle one from way back; my son was so disappointed to find pictures of pizzas etc each day.

kittylester Sun 04-Dec-11 12:16:15

I'm a meany and don't buy chocolate ones. Youngest daughter's work colleagues didn't believe the non-chocolate ones really existed! shock I like typing "f" in front of emoticons - it makes me feel as though I am swearing smile

jingl Sun 04-Dec-11 11:10:55

Does anyone else find that the tiny bit you get just gives you a longing for more, more, more!!! (was in a panic this morning cos couldn't find number 4)

We torture our grandkids with these, don't we?!

Unless..............

they are very sensible shocking and eat them all in one go. grin