Gransnet forums

Chat

What are you up to while chatting on Gransnet?

(37 Posts)
Carol Thu 15-Dec-11 12:34:11

Is it just me, or do you find you are leaving Gransnet on more and more, and coming back for another little chat? This morning, I have had my laptop on in the sitting room, whilst pottering in the kitchen, wrapping a few Christmas presents, loading the washing machine, playing with the dog, having a quick vac round, and now I've put Loose Women on while I have some lunch and yet another nosy around the forums. Going to make some bread for visitors' lunch tomorrow, but I will be back for more.......

Ariadne Fri 16-Dec-11 17:31:54

Having a pre-party drink! My DH, though immensely practical is a great believer (eventually) in the "sod it" (hope I'm allowed to type that) principle, and I concur.

Jingl our party will be just as good as JessM's (won't it, Jess) and you will be able just to be yourself. Which we will all enjoy. grin Cheers!

jingl Fri 16-Dec-11 17:21:49

Hilda, I LOVE it on your profile where you say (what she does) "whatever I fancy".

Love it, love it, love it. smile

jingl Fri 16-Dec-11 17:09:14

Ask Jess if I can dance with her sexy DH.

Annobel Fri 16-Dec-11 16:58:17

jingl, perhaps we can find that fire-eating woman with the albino python to make it more like Jess's 'do'.

jingl Fri 16-Dec-11 16:44:34

That was to Golden as well.

jingl Fri 16-Dec-11 16:43:54

Hilda (((hug)))

Annobel - I wanna go to one like Jess did. [pout] [sulk]

HildaW Fri 16-Dec-11 16:24:59

oh jingle, you should see the mess I'm making......I'm hardly 'together' its my way of keeping busy, especially as now it's just started snowing and I shall be doing my 'worry wort' act till I hear DH's key in door!

GoldenGran Fri 16-Dec-11 16:22:36

jingle come to the party, take your mind off the Christmas preparations. I have still got lots to do as we are renting a house in Norfolk and are going in a week. The whole family is coming and my house is littered with stuff not quite done-but hey let's go party jingl grin

Annobel Fri 16-Dec-11 16:08:56

jingl, put on your party frock and hail a passing Tardis! It's still over a week to Christmas!

jingl Fri 16-Dec-11 16:03:57

Hilda, you sound so 'together'!! envy

jingl Fri 16-Dec-11 16:02:33

I could actually do a five minute walk!!! That sounded bad!

It's only laziness.

jingl Fri 16-Dec-11 16:01:05

I am having my usual Christmas breakdown today.

The living room is covered in pine needles (it's a "needlefast tree" fgs!! hmm), cardboard boxes, and various bits of Xmas tat accumulated through too many garden centre visits. hmm

The dining table, the spare bed and a fair bit of floor space is covered in unwrapped Chrissie pressies (mostly for grandkids). And I just want a mince pie and the Co-op is a five minute walk away. I can't do five minutes!!

There's the cake to marzipan and ice, and the homemade pastries still to do.

I was really organised at the beginning of November. Or so I thought.

Miles to go before I sleep....... (unless I hit the bottle of Christmas rum now)

glammanana Fri 16-Dec-11 15:20:20

Even though we live in a supported housing apartment last year when we had a new kitchen fitted the partnership let us decide where the units and workspace were to be fitted for our best convienience,the fitter very kindly fitted me a small worktop space between fridge/freezer and sink where I can place my laptop and fit a nice gas lift stool so I can do any cooking and keep watch as to what is going on on GN,I did not arrange it on purpose honestly,so I am now cooking the chilli for dinner tonight and keeping up with what is going on in the GNers world,sorted grin

HildaW Fri 16-Dec-11 15:12:08

Am having a 'me' day today whilst DH has popped to the Metropolis and wont be back till well past my bed-time. So am doing all those messy little pre-Chrimbo jobs that you think only take a few mins but actually take all day...marzipanning cake, making stuffing (it then goes in freezer till C.eve.) wrapping his pressies etc etc. As I wont have to do any real meals today have the freedom to live in a mess all day. Beans on toast for lunch is almost a treat and having nibbled few bits of marzipan (rest of the off cuts I've made into 'potatoes') my sugar levels are pretty high!

grannyactivist Fri 16-Dec-11 15:04:26

How's your heart rate now jings? I think you need to put your feet up until the party tonight - and leave the 'sorting out'/housework type stuff until you're feeling better. This is what you need now: brewcupcake. smile

jingl Fri 16-Dec-11 10:06:01

I've just sorted out the airing cupboard. Found bath mats that went missing months ago. Bit out of sorts at the moment so came on here while heart rate gets back to normal! shock

jingl Fri 16-Dec-11 10:04:18

grin

jingl Fri 16-Dec-11 10:04:05

harrigran envy

em Thu 15-Dec-11 23:54:33

I'm with Harrigran - (although I don't have a pet millionaire at the moment). A while after I'd had my new kitchen installed I was complimented on how clean it was and asked if I had any hints on how to keep it so clean. My reply was 'Do as little cooking as possible!'

grannyactivist Thu 15-Dec-11 23:25:05

Right now I'm flitting between sites trying to choose my new laptop; the one with a microphone and webcam so that I'm ready for next year's singalong. grin

harrigran Thu 15-Dec-11 23:22:23

Oven pride !! I would have to put gloves on and actually do some work.
No jingl DH is far too old to be a footballer but he is a millionaire and I am very kind to him wink

glassortwo Thu 15-Dec-11 22:08:40

harri oven pride is cheaper grin

You have to admit you have a problem to face up to your addiction so no I dont have a problem spending 23.5 hours a day on Gransnet grin

jingl Thu 15-Dec-11 21:57:37

Once, I shut the door on my 'puter room and piled several items of furniture in front of it.

I dismantled it all though.

jingl Thu 15-Dec-11 21:55:41

harrigran! You get a new cooker every time yours get dirty?!!! shock

Are you a footballer's wife?!

petallus Thu 15-Dec-11 18:51:43

I'm glad this came up because I've been wondering if I'm addicted to Gransnet. I must come on to the website at least ten times a day to have a look at what is being said. It's so interesting. Usually, I'm sitting drinking tea or eating a sandwich at the same time.