Gransnet forums

Chat

That's the *Gn* I know and love.

(94 Posts)
kittylester Tue 24-Apr-12 10:22:05

How good it was to come to Gn this morning to see all the nice, kind, thoughtful threads coming to the fore. I tried to put this on that other thread but obviously didn't say it clearly enough!

So, thank you Gransnetters for all the support on the threads started by Granbunny, nightowl (to name but 2) recently and others in the past, for the daft threads, for the fashion advice, for the recipes, for the political argument, to the pedants and to everyone who has bothered to help me when I have asked. flowers wine brew cupcake sunshine

Anagram Tue 24-Apr-12 18:57:50

smile jeni!

Jacey Tue 24-Apr-12 18:58:36

That's a bonus then jeni smile

jeni Tue 24-Apr-12 18:59:45

grin

jeni Tue 24-Apr-12 21:27:38

Well I'm to bed! Had about 3hours sleep last night. Don't know why?
Hope tonight is better.
Goodnight all.

Butternut Tue 24-Apr-12 21:34:26

Goodnight, jeni- Rest well.

Ariadne Tue 24-Apr-12 21:36:37

Night night jeni xx

Oldgreymare Tue 24-Apr-12 21:51:07

Soopand Jeni hope you're tucked up warm.... have you tried my favourite remedy? Lots of lavender, a few drops in a warm bath, burning lavender-scented candles, soft lighting and good music, then let the mind drift onto pleasant thoughts. Then bed with a good book. Sleep well xx

specki4eyes Tue 24-Apr-12 22:04:22

You all keep mentioning Mumsnet so I had a quick shuffty. Ugh! Ugh! Didn't like it one bit! It was like being amongst aliens. So much aggro and sniping.
I'm relatively new to GN, but browsing the posts has become a lovely part of my day - just like a nice big mug of hot tea. You all seem so 'sympa' (a lovely expression the French use for kind people) and I laugh with some of you and feel sad and sympathetic with others. There are posts which make me think and posts which comfort and console. Stay as sweet as you are Gransnetters! You are sunshine on a cloudy day!!

soop Wed 25-Apr-12 12:25:15

Good morning to you all. Yesterday was as close to a session in purgatory that I'm likely to experience on earth sad.

I was touched by the caring responses from so many GN pals. To be honest, I cried so long and hard that my eyelids felt like lead. I'm sure that, as many of you pointed out, some of the distress was post-op related. However, the crux of the matter was that, after trying my hardest to make light of the fact that my son had lost a parcel [an album containing over 100 photos of visits we'd made to visit our grandson] I found myself being indirectly "blamed"...which was utterly unfair and crazy. confused

Another loving letter was sent to him, in which I expressed my puzzlement hmm...all that I hoped for, was a text to say something reassuring...a bridge-builder smile To date, no such message has been sent. All is far too quiet for my liking. I'm a very sensitive mum [not so unusual] and I'm deeply upset when a cloud hovers over my family, no matter what the reason.

My daughter-in-law rang last night. She is marvellous. Without wishing her to "take sides" [her loyalty must be to her husband] I gather that depression might be the key. My ex-husband was diagnosed as bi-polar. Anyway, we're all to meet up in the near future, by which time, the matter that has hurt me so deeply will be resolved. My son means the world to me. I need to know how he feels deep inside. The not knowing is heart-wrenching.

flowers to you and many thanks smile

glassortwo Wed 25-Apr-12 12:39:11

soop {{{hug}}} flowers things will be sorted out in time for your get together, thats something lovely for you to look forward to. flowers

nanachrissy Wed 25-Apr-12 13:06:50

soop flowers hope it's resolved soon. Thank goodness your dil is so nice.
((hugs))

imjingl Wed 25-Apr-12 13:08:23

soop, your son will most likely see sense when a little bit of time has elapsed. Hopefully the parcel will be found, but if not he will come to see that it is not your fault. You are definitely feeling this more because of your weakened state. You have been through a lot. I would be on my knees! Try to put it out of your mind for now (easier said than done I know), and be kind to yourself.

It'll be much better when you get to meet up with them again. Then it will be sunshine

whenim64 Wed 25-Apr-12 13:09:53

Big (((hugs))) and positive vibes soop. All will be well, but I know the agonies you go through when you're wondering whether they are ok. flowers

soop Wed 25-Apr-12 13:23:17

You lot smile never cease to amaze me. The sharing of sorrows and uplifting times with people who care [albeit on-line] is priceless. I'm feeling so much better today. THANKS to you. Mr soop thinks that you are special. flowers

nanachrissy Wed 25-Apr-12 13:26:15

You're the special one soop and that's why we care! smile

Butternut Wed 25-Apr-12 13:40:15

soop - Glad you're feeling a lot brighter now. smile

glammanana Wed 25-Apr-12 13:46:40

Soop I'm so so glad you feel a wee bit brighter to-day even your posts sound more upbeat this morning.I have always thought that sons do tend to pull at the heart strings just that little bit more than daughters when they get older maybe its to do with daughters being more sentitive to mums feelings have something to do with it,I have only ever had "words" once with DS1 and I thought the end of the world was coming but we soon put it behind us and both gave a big hug and forgot all about it.All will be fine just you wait and see.flowersand a big wine for later after your nap grin

Bags Wed 25-Apr-12 13:50:51

soop, smile. xx

yogagran Wed 25-Apr-12 14:05:25

soop take care and find time for yourself too flowers

grannyactivist Wed 25-Apr-12 14:10:19

Hello soop. So glad that you had a reassuring phone call from your daughter-in-law and can see some light ahead. sunshine Males in general are not great at making contact at the right time and I expect your son would be mortified if he realised how hurt you've felt.

glassortwo Wed 25-Apr-12 14:27:36

soop men are the worst for making contact unless they need something, I think my son has lost my number wink

jeni Wed 25-Apr-12 14:37:06

My son who is bipolar never rings. I haven't seen him for 3yrs! I gather he's ok from hid Facebook entries, the very odd phone call and his sister.

yogagran Wed 25-Apr-12 15:38:11

jeni sad

GoldenGran Wed 25-Apr-12 15:48:26

soop you are one of the dearest and talented people on here. Sorry I haven't caught up with this before but I have been involved in the sudden hospitalisation of my step-mother. Men are not the best at communication, it sometimes takes time.((hugs))
jeni flowers
Pps I agree with the title of this thread

soop Wed 25-Apr-12 16:57:26

Hello again smile
Have had the obligatory snooze. GP calling in on way home. Just to check that the brand new massive bruising [as of visit to dentist earlier today] is okay. Could be time to stop the anti-coagulants. Feels okay...just looks a whole lot angry.
Golden sorry to hear news of your step-mother's admission to hospital. Please keep us updated. See if you can catch Pointless on BBC1 at 5.15.
jeni I feel sad for you. and yes, the name of this thread couldn't be more appropriate. A huge hug to kittylester for her opening message.
In a world that is rife with strife, this our welcoming getawayfromitall. grin