Gransnet forums

Chat

Ann Widdecombe webchat 14 June 1.30-2.30pm

(109 Posts)
GeraldineGransnet (GNHQ) Fri 01-Jun-12 13:41:51

We're delighted that Ann Widdecombe is joining us for a live webchat on Thursday 14 June. A former Minister in the Home Office, as well as Shadow Health and Home Secretary, Ann is the author of four novels and a star (many would say the star) of Strictly Come Dancing. Latterly she has taken to panto, appearing last year and next opposite Craig Revel Horwood. From the serious business of prisons, for which she was responsible, to the rather less serious business of sequins, she will be happy to answer our questions.

GeraldineGransnet (GNHQ) Thu 14-Jun-12 14:32:15

Thank you so much to Ann for getting through so many questions and being so interesting.

AnnWiddecombe Thu 14-Jun-12 14:32:25

Thank you. I enjoyed our chat. I'm off now to get my nails done!

whenim64 Thu 14-Jun-12 14:37:30

Crikey! Has she gone.....? grin

j04 Thu 14-Jun-12 14:45:35

Didn't mean to take any work home with her did she?

Phew! I'm puffed out just reading it!

mrsmopp Thu 14-Jun-12 14:53:05

Ann, what is your view on women bishops?

POGS Thu 14-Jun-12 19:45:35

Well done Anne,

You took on some questions that were extremely difficult and possibly out to embarrass. You answered with honesty, nothing more than I would have expected from you.

j04 Thu 14-Jun-12 23:07:38

"They are not part of the apostolic succession and have never been so" (women priests).

I don't think that's gonna be too well received by Greatnan.

Not a particularly brain taxing answer.

whenim64 Thu 14-Jun-12 23:22:07

I quite like AW but her politics are anathema to me. She has some rather blinkered views about capital punishment and women's equality. She is adept at avoiding anything she doesn't want to answer.

Yes, Greatnan will probably have a few remarks to contribute when she sees this thread (that's if she doesn't blow a gasket first!) grin