Gransnet forums

Chat

Alter ego,s

(19 Posts)
kittylester Mon 18-Jun-12 20:14:10

Sorry POGS 'grin though if that does describe you, I would love to be you!

POGS Mon 18-Jun-12 19:39:11

Kitty

It was a joke on my part.

I was trying to say you were describing me, which would be far from the truth.

My humour, sorry, smile

kittylester Sun 17-Jun-12 18:49:53

Why POGS confused

goldengirl Sun 17-Jun-12 13:58:50

My alter ego appears frequently in my dreams. She young, has long brown hair and can play jazz on the piano - in fact she composes jazz pieces and they sound fantastic. She's also very knowledgeable about all sorts of things in spite of her youth. I wish!

nelliedeane Sun 17-Jun-12 11:55:33

This really enlightening this thread,have said that *nellie has taken on a life of her own and feels like a cross between lily savage and Mae west but that is where the resemblance ends,my outward appearance would have to be a tall willowy blonde with a perfect size 1O figure definitely no glasses,and be able to eat what I like....in fact a racehorse to nellies cart horse .The saying making a silk purse from a sows ear springs to mind grin

glammanana Sun 17-Jun-12 11:40:42

annobel I wish grin but to be very truthful I do admire Johanna Lumley in every thing she does just wish I spoke like her and not like Cilla Black !!!

Annobel Sun 17-Jun-12 11:36:03

Glamma - I can imagine you sitting in a limo swigging Bollinger!

glammanana Sun 17-Jun-12 11:29:02

Mine would have to be "Ad Fabs" Patsy in all her glory,but I could never be like her in real terms as I am that person who thinks what to say when the moment has passed.hmm

Ella46 Sun 17-Jun-12 10:37:56

Mine (Dolores, very slinky minx) doesn't appear much these days, but oh boy when she did, she had a hell of a time!! wink

Grannylin Sat 16-Jun-12 21:45:06

I think mine is the one who appears when I've had too much to drink- coarse, flirty, loud-mouthed- not a bit like me, but I quite admire her!smile

Ariadne Sat 16-Jun-12 21:42:14

Anagram oh yes! The third area, where we are most ourselves. (The origin of that will come to me, but not tonight!)

Anagram Sat 16-Jun-12 19:27:02

Actually, it's in my dreams that I think my alter ego shows herself! I'm always a better version of myself in my dreams - I'm always reasonable and know the right thing to say. I'm nearly always younger, as well! confused

POGS Sat 16-Jun-12 19:25:44

kitty,

You wouldn't want to be ME.

kittylester Sat 16-Jun-12 19:20:09

Mine would be tall, slim, blonde, confident, unlined, have brilliant dress sense, cook like a dream, have boundless energy, be able make dresses and knit, be kind, thoughtful, insightful and wise! She would be called something elegant but simple like Amanda rather than something people can't spell (the snob in my mother coming out again!)

In my dreams!! [tall slim model type emoticon]

AlieOxon Sat 16-Jun-12 16:24:01

Mine is my older Alie - who is a little more experienced and a little wiser than me!

Butternut Sat 16-Jun-12 13:00:26

Pet - Your Joycey is right there inside you - you've just got to dig around and find her and bring her out into the daylight! smile

petallus Sat 16-Jun-12 11:33:32

When paying a visit to my home town I usually visit Joyce who is in her late eighties. She was our neighbour when I was a child. As I left her last time I said 'look after yourself' and she replied Oh 'I shall be fine, Joycey always puts me first'.

I loved the idea of a Joycey who made sure she looked after Joyce. I would like an alter ego something like Joycey.

AlisonMA Sat 16-Jun-12 11:13:53

She would be slim, kind and always know the right thing to say and do. I don't have a name for her though. I aspire - and fail!

I think my DS's fiancee might end up as her, she is intelligent, extremely talented, pretty and has the nicest nature of anyone I know.

nelliedeane Sat 16-Jun-12 10:43:28

If you could have an alter ego Who or what would you be?.
I have noticed I tend to speak of * nellie* as a third person,and she does tend to be developing a life of her own,maybe a cross between LILY SAVAGE and Mae it's the men in my life west
My son seemed to have this and it has stuck since his teens with Chuffy who led him into all sorts of scrapes..