Gransnet forums

Chat

What I did today.

(1001 Posts)
Nelliemoser Thu 27-Sep-12 22:54:32

"Today I've been is full" So I have started What I did Today, as I have something to be a granny bore with.

Today I became a gran for real. DD had my 1st GC 8 days after due date. Several days of twinges and a bad night.
DD rang me at 12;15 today.Just seen midwife at clinic, 3cm and waiting for the taxi to hospital. 5pm I had a phone call, baby had arrived at at 3:30 pm. That is 3 to 10cm in 3hrs! Noah Alexander ***. 6lb 11ozs. Forceps as baby was tiring but amazingly quick DD and SIL surprised by the speed. DD tired and sore but says she is totally in love. I am visiting tomorrow 60 miles away. What a day smile smile smile smile

jeni Sun 04-Nov-12 14:11:54

blush I only just got up. I've been awake since 7.30 but I was comfortable and I thought I'd stay in bed with my legs elevated to give my ankles a chance to deflate!
I then decided to have a soak in my bath and just for curiosity pushed the whirlpool button. This hasn't worked for about 5years. It worked!so I had a very relaxing spa bath. The only problem was I'd already put bubble bath in!
I had bubbles all over the bathroom floor and threatening to descend the stairs!
I then wrapped myself in a large fluffy warmed towel and returned to bed for another hour before deciding I MUST get up!(why?)
I know feel thoroughly decadent but relaxed!blush

soop Sun 04-Nov-12 14:49:58

jeni grin

Ella46 Sun 04-Nov-12 15:05:37

Good for you jeni, I'm sure you deserve a day of proper relaxation! You seem to work so hard. brew cupcake

gracesmum Sun 04-Nov-12 15:14:02

Love it jeni!! Why indeed?
Once used a LUSH bath ballistic with glitter in it in a whirlpool bath in a posh hotel. Not a good move. First I finished up with glitter where you don't usuallly get it shock and second, it clogged up the jacuzzi jets in the bath and I had to go and explain at reception.blush

Greatnan Sun 04-Nov-12 15:15:48

Cats! My daughter spend about £100 on a bed and a scratching post when she got two kittens. They both ignored them, slept on the shopping bag behind the door and sharpened their claws on the furniture.

I have done my housework today - vacuum cleaned carpets, 10 mins. Dusted - 5 mins. It has been raining on and off, so no walk. My TV is still not working, so I have listened to Radio 4 on my computer and now I have one of my David Attenborough DVD's on the player - Life in the Undergrowth.
I will watch Downton Abbey on line tonight.

I have been researching the cost of living in NZ on line - my biggest expense will be health insurance but I wouldn't risk living without it. No NHS!

jeni Sun 04-Nov-12 15:20:14

I have just finished the washing, all hung up to dry! My old gran would have gone ballistic at the thought of doing the laundry on a Sunday! Almost as bad as not having a spotless doorstep.

Smoluski Sun 04-Nov-12 15:39:07

Still in bed OH cooking dinner,been ordering pressies for the C word on line...first time ever ..so hope they all arrive and no faffing about cant stand the thought of shops this year...writing lists of food for the C word as going to sis in laws,but son will still be here...just about to get in bath son pinches it...look at more shopping just about to get in bath E pinches it....talking to you while waiting,have also helped E with home work and been pushing dogs off the bed as they want to sit all over me and hide biscuits in the bed....and also been looking at job website...all without moving from my pit trouble not getting any exercise either..confused

JessM Sun 04-Nov-12 15:42:35

Way to go, jeni Fair dues as we say in Wales (only recently worked out this was not actually fair Dos. hum.)
Lightweight gracesmum we once broke a bed in some holiday accommodation, had to fess up to the on site rep. blush

soop Sun 04-Nov-12 15:54:02

Nellie ...thank goodness for your sense of humour. A day well spent. Loll in the bath, when its free, and enjoy the rest of the day in your own sweet way. smile

Rory now proud to be owner of a smart residence. Mr soop had a chat with him - explained that, second to divorce, moving house was rated a highly traumatic experience! Rory licked his lips [expecting a treat] but went back to his basket and washed himself to a frazzle instead. He always does that when he's well pleased. grin

Ana Sun 04-Nov-12 16:07:30

Goodness, soop! He'll be getting quite domesticated if he doesn't watch out! grin (Rory, not Mr S!)

Mishap Sun 04-Nov-12 16:48:01

I did the ironing today!! - first time since broken foot. We dug a very old perching stool out of the garage and I used that to sit on at the ironing board. A small step for most of us - but a big step for me!

numberplease Sun 04-Nov-12 17:41:46

Soop, I`m so pleased for Rory........and you and Mr. Soop of course.
I was late up myself today, 11am, Mia probably thought her throat was cut, still waiting for her breakfast!

Marelli Sun 04-Nov-12 18:01:21

......ah, but you're a 'late bedder', though, number! Bet you were still doing the ironing at 2am confused?

numberplease Sun 04-Nov-12 18:06:59

No Marelli, slacked off yesterday, didn`t wash or iron, lazy sod that I am. But I was still up till 3am, would have been in bed by 2.30, but waiting for himself to come out of the toilet so I could go! Was trying to finish my book, but got too sleepy, so finished it this morning.

Marelli Sun 04-Nov-12 18:09:58

Daisy the Cat has been sick on our bed.....a mouse, by the look of things....shock

baubles Sun 04-Nov-12 18:20:40

Cooked and baked all day! Cream crackered now, about to sit down with a brew and cupcake smile

Marelli your post almost put me off but I got over it grin

Marelli Sun 04-Nov-12 18:26:17

Sorry, baubles grin!

JessM Sun 04-Nov-12 18:54:14

Lovely. Cat throws up mouse on bed. Can someone remind me why people choose to have pets. I could surpass this with my dog-throwing-up story but I dont want to ruin your evenings.

Nelliemoser Sun 04-Nov-12 19:06:21

soop undoubtedly bonkers!grin But so are many pet owners, (if you can be said to "own" Rory.) You may well soften him up to accepting greater contact with you. I am glad he has taken up your offer.

harrigran Sun 04-Nov-12 19:11:36

Have been visiting DGC this afternoon and received a phone call on my mobile to tell me that my friend's son had collapsed and died this morning. A mother should not have to bury her son sad

baubles Sun 04-Nov-12 19:38:02

Oh that's awful Harrigran , his poor mother. You are right it's not the natural order is it? I know of several people in similar circumstance recently, I just don't know how they go on sad

crimson Sun 04-Nov-12 20:07:27

Jess; I'm glad you pointed out that fair dues wasn't fair do's, because I've realised I've been saying/thinking it for most of my life without actually knowing what I was saying/thinking blush.

glassortwo Sun 04-Nov-12 20:38:22

harri flowers

Marelli Sun 04-Nov-12 20:40:06

harrigran, I'm sorry to hear your news. Is she a close friend? sad

Jodi Sun 04-Nov-12 20:46:01

No one should have to bury their child sad

This discussion thread has reached a 1000 message limit, and so cannot accept new messages.
Start a new discussion