Gransnet forums

Chat

WAITROSE ..... not infallible!

(20 Posts)
Riverwalk Sun 23-Dec-12 15:46:22

After extolling the virtues of Waitrose (and Ocado) on another thread and being a life-long fan of that store I have to report a major failing .....

..... early this morning I received my Xmas delivery MINUS THE TURKEYshock

I know it's a heresy in these parts to bad mouth Waitrose, but of all the items for them to omit!

After a couple of glasses of wine I'm over it grin

FlicketyB Sun 23-Dec-12 16:25:34

Do you remember the advert about five or more years ago, no idea what the product was; Christmas Day , mother in tizz serving up Christmas lunch, potatoes, sprouts, stuffing, bread sauce, gravy, cranberry sauce etc, etc. Dad says 'where is the turkey?' Shocked look on mother's face 'turkey? Suddenly realises that in the preparation of all the rest of the meal the turkey has been completely forgotten.

Barrow Sun 23-Dec-12 16:42:41

When I was first married I used to have a recurring nightmare - that I woke up on Christmas morning to find I had nothing in the house!! Took several years before that nightmare stopped and I usually ended up buying far too much - just in case grin

HildaW Sun 23-Dec-12 16:44:50

Riverwalk....everyone makes mistakes........the true test of how good a company is , is how they handle the error. So do tell us what have they done to remedy the situation?

Riverwalk Sun 23-Dec-12 17:48:04

As expected Hilda, Waitrose handled the error well.

The driver, a star, was the one who noticed that something was missing and spent quite a bit of time liaising with the office trying to sort things out.

After a conversation with customer services I decided it would be easier for me to go to Waitrose or M&S and buy a turkey - which rather defeats the purpose of the original order, but didn't want to wait in all day for another delivery! smile

gracesmum Sun 23-Dec-12 17:58:40

Oh Riverwalk I hope Waitrose have made it up to you with lots of free wine, chocolates and grovelling apologies!!
I too have had barrow's nightmare! You need , deserve more than a couple of glasses of wine

Riverwalk Sun 23-Dec-12 18:52:06

Grace they've sent an email to apologize saying that I'll receive a voucher - will let you know how much it is grin

Riverwalk Sun 30-Dec-12 11:20:53

I received a letter of apology in the post, along with 15 pounds' worth of vouchers. smile

gracesmum Sun 30-Dec-12 11:27:09

I don't think £15 is nearly enough for the mental stress/time wasted/petrol going to a shop/having to face the crowds (at your advanced age grin) blah, blah, blah. I would say a bottle of wine, chocs/flowers and at least £25 would be the least they could offer or you will tell your friends on Twitter/Facebook/Gransnet about how disappointed you were at their shortcomings!

cheelu Sun 30-Dec-12 11:31:31

I defnetly agree gracemum!!

Riverwalk Sun 30-Dec-12 11:40:47

'Tis the season of goodwill and forgiveness Grace grin

I'll buy a couple of bottles of wine with the vouchers!

glammanana Sun 30-Dec-12 11:41:32

Riverwalk after the discussion we had some time ago now about the face cream from avon bringing me out in red blotches and the non-discript letter I received plus a £5.00 voucher,after the discussion on here and mumsnet that amount quadrupled and a box of products suddenly appeared.Well worth the effort I think.I'm with gracesmum on this.
I've just read about the massive problem facing Asda and their home delivery service failing on the xmas eve deliveries and families not receiving their orders at all.

cheelu Sun 30-Dec-12 11:49:37

I think the main problem is that we wait all year for Christmas don't we, all the family coming, if anything like the turkey not turning up happens it does upset people and no matter how much they offer in the way of vouchers they can never give you that Christmas back.. But I do like Riverwalks opinion of-- it is good to forgive...(after you have received adequate compensation of course ha ha)--only joking

bluebell Sun 30-Dec-12 11:54:49

I was surprised at their paltry offer - I would want more just as evidence they were taking it seriously - a voucher isn't even proper money to them!

glammanana Sun 30-Dec-12 11:58:33

bluebell and somewhere along the line it will be tax deductable you can bank on that I'm sure.

bluebell Sun 30-Dec-12 12:33:43

But at least John Lewis pay tax!!! But you're right I'm sure

gracesmum Sun 30-Dec-12 12:47:51

bluebell didn't you mean poultry offer perhaps? ha ha grin
cheelu and I have the right idea - forgive but only after the compensation!

annodomini Sun 30-Dec-12 13:08:02

Hang on! good and bad press for Waitrose will affect bonuses for two members of my family! Be nice, please!!! hmm

Riverwalk Sun 30-Dec-12 13:11:35

What a fowl motive anno grin

gracesmum Mon 31-Dec-12 13:18:26

All the more to threaten them with my dear....grin