Gransnet forums

Chat

Prospective doctors

(33 Posts)
Nanado Sat 29-Dec-12 21:29:53

Will pass on the DM piece thanks when. I was pretty disgusted when I read their latest piece at Christmas about 'single, immigrant mother get free lodgings in local livery yard' hmm

granjura Sat 29-Dec-12 21:16:26

Perhaps because we have a chronic shortage of doctors which is getting worse. The baby boomers are all retiring at once, leaving a huge gap behind them.

But I agree it is of concern.

whenim64 Sat 29-Dec-12 21:16:07

That's what i did Jess grin

JessM Sat 29-Dec-12 21:05:34

Sigh
Thanks, but I think will do something else. grin

whenim64 Sat 29-Dec-12 20:54:01

I saw this in the DM. it claimed foreign doctors want to be allowed to retake their GP exams up to 6 times, rather than the current 4, as their inability to speak fluent English impairs their ability to practise. It was headlined as implying dctors could take their exams as many times as they want till they pass, which is not borne out in the article. It's here if anyone wants to read it.

www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2252359/Scandal-failing-foreign-doctors-demand-right-sit-GP-exams-staggering-SIX-times.html?ito=feeds-newsxml

granjura Sat 29-Dec-12 20:16:04

I am not absolutely sure what you mean messenger. Could you explain, please?

Lilygran Sat 29-Dec-12 20:02:09

Can you give us a link to the article, messenger?

messenger Sat 29-Dec-12 19:53:03

A recent Daily Mail[or Mail on Sunday]article stated that overseas students who aspire to train as Doctors demand that they can retake their examinations for qualification ad infinitum even though they are very redundant in the English language.A lot of doctors `qualified` cannot make themselves understood by the indiginous population as it is..cannot write in legible English,so why is there to be special dispensation for foriegn aspiring doctors?confused