Gransnet forums

Chat

special visit today!!

(17 Posts)
celebgran Sat 12-Jan-13 12:24:19

Well we awaiting my dear son and his partner, bringing her boys and her Mum who is over from S Africa!! Is nice she wants us to meet her.

getting bit nervous, table laid up for 7 and food sorted, boys only eat sausage and pizza and chips apparently but have done 2 big salads with edam cheese in one and smoked salmon for adults, jackets spuds for adults too, and weightwatcher sausages for me mainly!! and got pizzas at ready on gluten free for my son his step son.

o dear hope it is nice time!!

baubles Sat 12-Jan-13 12:40:54

That sounds lovely celebgran enjoy your day sunshine

jeni Sat 12-Jan-13 12:52:42

Enjoy!

Grannyknot Sat 12-Jan-13 13:01:59

Celebgran enjoy and I hope you like the South African mum wink. Your food sounds lovely.

Marelli Sat 12-Jan-13 13:19:25

It'll be lovely, celebgran - relax and enjoy the company! Let us know how it goes? smile

Butty Sat 12-Jan-13 13:23:45

I expect you're having a great time right now, celebgran, and would love to hear how it all went. smile

Mishap Sat 12-Jan-13 14:02:18

Just enjoy! - take us as you fnd us is my rule! Sounds like a lovely party.

Nanado Sat 12-Jan-13 14:19:43

Do let us know how it went smile

celebgran Sat 12-Jan-13 19:50:54

happy to say was amazing!!
make you laugh as when they arrived OH OPENED lemonade for Rodney and it erupted all over him and me grrrrr other funny thing was Hetti Anina Mum who was lovely by the way unscrewed pepper dispenser instead of twisting it oh dear went all over her meal, luckily easy to scrape pepper corns off!!

I was so pleased we seemed to bond more with the boys this time, they both wanted to come in our car when we went out after lunch!

They tucked in and ate all food was great.

only sad bit was my DS Mentioned his sister to Rodney about how fussy she was at eating and I could feel the tears coming, deep breaths and went into kitchen Rodney followed me! still I coped and it was lovely lovely day!

thanks ladies for support!! hope i did enough food, it all went! boys are 11 and 13 and they do eat well!! was lovely to see them enjoy it, and felt we getting to know them better now. heres to next visit!!

Ana Sat 12-Jan-13 20:01:26

So glad it went well, celebgran smile

Grannyknot Sat 12-Jan-13 21:10:04

[thumbs up emoticon] smile

cheelu Sat 12-Jan-13 21:41:19

Are you joking tanglerose.saying that you ar moaning, you mention a terminally ill garndchild, does it get any worse than that!!!!!

You have every right in the world to be moaning sweet, every right in the world!!

Amids it all try and find something that puts a smile on your face, bit it a favourite place or a favourite cake, we all have bad times-- the good news is that they dont last forever..

Your retirement has been spoiled by your family problems and probably the fact of having lots of time on your hands has given you time to think about the problems--but you could make the decision that you are going to spend your time doing nice things.

You are so lucky being retired, having the day to yourself to do as you please..the best bit for me would be NOT having to get up early!!

Best wishes x x

cheelu Sat 12-Jan-13 21:44:49

sorry posted this on wrong thread but as the mistake has been made would like to ask for a bit of support for our tanglerose... she is feeling a bit down and started a thread

cheelu Sat 12-Jan-13 22:03:40

Thread called--why am I like this

Ella46 Sat 12-Jan-13 22:14:28

celebgran It sounds as though you had a lovely day and they all enjoyed themselves sunshine
Here's to the next time wine

Nanado Sun 13-Jan-13 09:26:24

celebgran sunshine

Ariadne Sun 13-Jan-13 09:30:21

Cheelu I "talked" to tanglerose yesterday. GNs will find her and help.