Gransnet forums

Chat

8 cms and counting!

(104 Posts)
Mishap Sat 02-Feb-13 11:05:43

DD3's waters broke at 1am - she was 8cm when she last rang - so far just doing well on paracetamol. We are sitting by the phone waiting for it to ring!!

JessM Sat 02-Feb-13 11:06:34

Oh that is great. Pushing by now probably. grin

merlotgran Sat 02-Feb-13 11:11:01

How exciting, Mishap

Movedalot Sat 02-Feb-13 11:14:50

I hope it all goes/has gone well. Do let us know all the details.

kittylester Sat 02-Feb-13 11:20:19

It's all go at your house Mishap. grin

Keep us posted won't you. Hope all is going well.

I'm going to be really envy before our next arrives although DD3 seems to be nesting like nobody's business!

Mishap Sat 02-Feb-13 13:13:29

Still in first stage - still only had 4 paracetamol - what a girl.
I think I am in more of a state than she is!

Movedalot Sat 02-Feb-13 13:15:18

Poor you Mishap I have often thought it is harder to be the one who cares than the one who is ill, or in this case in labour. Hang in there flowers

grannyactivist Sat 02-Feb-13 13:24:41

Just logged on and seen this thread: how exciting for you Mishap. Do hope all goes well and that when I get back from the hairdressers in a couple of hours you'll be a happy granny with good news to report. smile

annodomini Sat 02-Feb-13 13:40:59

Isn't she doing well! Hope you get the good news soon, Mishap. smile

Mishap Sat 02-Feb-13 15:10:36

Come on girl! - the suspense is killing me!!

whenim64 Sat 02-Feb-13 15:51:26

Any news yet Mishap? the anticipation is getting unbearable grin

merlotgran Sat 02-Feb-13 15:53:33

We're all shouting a collective PUSH!! One Born Every Minute's got nothing on a live Gransnet delivery grin

Marelli Sat 02-Feb-13 15:55:38

Oh - I found myself holding my breath as I read down the list of posts! Any time now? smile

NfkDumpling Sat 02-Feb-13 16:10:56

Go girl!

moomin Sat 02-Feb-13 16:15:19

Waiting with baited breath Mishap - you must be so excited!

JessM Sat 02-Feb-13 16:24:45

Aw mishap I remember that feeling vividly. I hope you have heard something by now.

Mishap Sat 02-Feb-13 16:29:48

No - not a thing! - every time the phone rings I grab it, but it is just one of my other DDS wanting to know if I have heard anything. Or my poor ill Dad - I had to put him off and explain that I would ring back as soon as I had some news.

I am starting to worry now - I know I shouldn't, but I am her mum for goodness sake! It has been a long time now. I wish I knew what was going on.

kittylester Sat 02-Feb-13 16:33:10

It always seems to take for ever doesn't it Mishap. Can't be long now, have brew and stay calm. But let us know!

Movedalot Sat 02-Feb-13 16:40:11

The sun in nearly over the yardsrm Mishap have a large one if there is someone to drive you to the hospital or a small one if you will be driving yourself wine

Why can't we have an emoticon for a large G & T?

JessM Sat 02-Feb-13 16:42:18

Deep breathing. I know you cant pace very effectively at the moment. Remember that when babies do arrive calling grandparents is really not the top of the list of things for new parents to do. (Unreasonable as that may seem)
brew

kittylester Sat 02-Feb-13 16:48:12

Shall I pace for you Mishap? And, I'm not going out so I'll have your large one! wine

whenim64 Sat 02-Feb-13 17:03:02

This is how I was the other day Mishap. Pouncing on the phone each time it rang, creating scenarios to explain the lack of communication, calculating how long it should have taken judging by everyone else's experiences. Of course, no two births are the same. Baby arrived and everyone was fine, just a little bit late grin

Mishap Sat 02-Feb-13 17:08:01

It's 17 hours since her waters broke - I do not like to think of her struggling for so long - she is going to be so tired. Worst case scenarios beginning to flash through entirely neurotic mind. Hurry up and ring please!

I can ring her or her OH's mobile on the ward, but do not like to as they may be at a critical moment, so I am being good and holding back - have you any idea how much I want to?!

DD1 on her way down from Cheshire, having left her 3 little ones with their Dad. They do like to stick together my girls!

whenim64 Sat 02-Feb-13 17:12:31

Why don't you text Mishap? They can answer if they're able to. Just tell them we're all waiting to relax and have our tea grin

matson Sat 02-Feb-13 17:16:15

wont be much longer mishap, she must be nearing the final push bless her. good luck and breathe!!!!!!!!!!!!! x