Gransnet forums

Chat

It's quarter to five................ .

(10 Posts)
Oldgreymare Sun 10-Feb-13 16:22:36

Must have been the night for it gracesmum. No.2 son has flu and has been spiking very high temps so my worry beads were out last night. When I did 'drop off' the dreams I had were horrid, vivid and doom-laden!
Galen blames the weather, I think she could have a point, I don't think it's actually got light today.
So lets all have some sunshine

absent Sun 10-Feb-13 16:06:41

I either conjure up absurd images, such as Tony Blair playing Frankenfurter in the The Rocky Horror Show, or concentrate very hard on something else. I once worked out 365 different packed lunches for children when I woke to a 4 am "worry time".

Hunt Sun 10-Feb-13 15:56:07

The best tip is swithching on the radio , but you really have to concentrate on what is being broadcast be it music or speech.

kittylester Sun 10-Feb-13 15:51:37

That's sad Movedalot

Gracesmum I have that sort of meander about 1 am sometimes. I get up and go into the spare room and read until I'm almost asleep. I have very little family left alive by the time I accept that I am not going to go back to sleep. sad

Movedalot Sun 10-Feb-13 13:03:59

gracemum it is so hard once those thoughts come and I have no answer, just sympathy and understanding.

I have a friend, whose great granddaughter lives with her, and lost her husband this week. The poor little 2 year old is crying and asking to be taken to see grandad and can't understand why she can't go. I don't know how she is managing to cope.

Galen Sun 10-Feb-13 13:02:58

My senility showingsad

absent Sun 10-Feb-13 12:42:21

Galen I think Greatnan posts the jokes. Greatgran is an entirely different member.

Galen Sun 10-Feb-13 11:32:48

By reading greatgrans jokes!

j08 Sun 10-Feb-13 11:31:48

Oh, I know what you mean. sad You have to remember the phrase "worries loom larger at night". And put a personal radio on perhaps?

gracesmum Sun 10-Feb-13 11:27:49

It's quarter to five and Grace has asked nicely to be let out. She shoots back in as it is tipping it down - torrential - and as I creep back to bed I can hear it lashing against the windows. DD is down visiting a school friend who lives over the other side of MK, not staying with us as I think the "girls" (3 of them) have major plans for a bottle of wine or three and she has said that she will be heading back home straight after breakfast, as SIL seems to be incubating either manflu or something more serious and he is in charge fo the boys overnight. OK so far, apart from the rain.
So I lie there - listening to the rain, imagining the motorway in this weather. What if DD crashes on the way home in the rain and spray? Who will look after the boys? How can I cope with those little faces looking for their Mummy? Will SIL remarry? Will we ever get to see the boys again if he does?
Bl***y h**l - how do you switch those thoughts off in the early hours of the morning?