Gransnet forums

Chat

Off on a walk today.

(33 Posts)
HUNTERF Sun 17-Feb-13 08:00:37

I have got 2 of my granddaughters today.
I think a ride out to Dudmaston to see the snow drops may be nice and I may buy them a meal at somewhere like the Harvester after.

Frank

glammanana Mon 18-Feb-13 13:00:02

Just docking at Pier Head it is very busy with Naval Personel etc lots of mums and dads saying good-bye to their son's and daughters brings a lump to your throat.Keeping tight hold of DGS5s hand or the Royal Navy will have their first 9yr old stowaway for many years grin off on our walk up to the museum,puff !!

london Mon 18-Feb-13 13:26:12

frank if you had went too weatherspoons in the first place you would of saved a lot of money grin

HUNTERF Mon 18-Feb-13 20:13:19

Hi glammanana

It would cost me a bit more than you to get to Liverpool.
I have been to the Beatles Museum in Liverpool and around the Albert Docks as well as the Ferry accross the Mersey.
I was also there when Liverpool had its 800th aniversary. A lot of the buildings were covered at that time.

That headmistress which sent me to do Keep Fit was from Liverpool and my late wife.

Frank

Galen Mon 18-Feb-13 20:31:03

The cathedral at Lichfield is lovely.

HUNTERF Mon 18-Feb-13 20:42:09

Galen

The general Lichfield City is lovely as well as Beacon Park.

London

There is a weatherspoons in Lichfield so you can save money.

Frank

Galen Mon 18-Feb-13 21:10:37

I know, I spent 5years at boarding school there . We lived in a house called 'Wesrgate' which was at the bottom of the close on the opposite side of Beacon st. My dorm was on the top floor and I had a lovely view of the cathedral looking up the close.
The chapel and hospital of St John the Baptist without the bar of the city of Lichfield is worth looking at as well. The chapel dates back to Norman times and the original boys school was within it. It's an almshouse and despite its long name is a tiny chapel.

Galen Mon 18-Feb-13 21:11:03

Westgate!