Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Monday

(26 Posts)
12Michael Mon 25-Mar-13 07:29:02

Good Morning Evewryone,
Still snowbound here in Brackley this morning.
Mick

PRINTMISS Mon 25-Mar-13 08:04:09

We have had very little snow here, thank goodness, because today my husband is off for a day stay in hospital in an effort to correct his irregular heart-beat. We have high hopes that this procedure will be successful, three other attempts over the past two/three years have failed, but this is another process that involves entering the heart through the groin and cauterizing the small portion of the valve/heart (I hope I have that right) causing the problem. We won't know of course until he starts trying to do all the things he has been unable to do, the disappointment if he can't will be a bit crushing for him, but we live in hope.

janeainsworth Mon 25-Mar-13 08:08:24

Hope it goes well for your DH Printmiss

Sewsilver Mon 25-Mar-13 08:35:56

Good luck to you both Printmiss

Sook Mon 25-Mar-13 08:36:23

Hope all goes well PRINTMISS I have a friend who had similar problems now happily resolved. In fact he has just returned from a holiday in America.

It's bitterly cold here but very little snow. I've just returned from my morning walk with my three elderly hounds. They normally love their walks but have been very reluctant to leave the comfort of their beds during this recent cold snap.

Clytie Mon 25-Mar-13 09:03:04

Good morning! Good luck to your husband, Printmiss.

HUNTERF Mon 25-Mar-13 09:16:46

Good luck Printmiss.

Sounds like the same procedure as my late father had a few years ago.
Don't worry about me saying late as he passed away last year when he was nearly 90.
At that time he was kept in overnight and discharged the next morning.

Frank

celebgran Mon 25-Mar-13 09:22:39

Bitter cold but no more snow! Great! Taking OH tea up as he been angel waiting on me all weekend while I'm recoveri ng.

One client at 2 manicure and having fibre optic broadband fitted this afternoon!

Folk dancing tonight hope try do some chores in between

Happy monday all !

Do hope husband treatment is success print miss

Butty Mon 25-Mar-13 09:30:35

Printmiss All the very best to your husband and hope all goes well.

whenim64 Mon 25-Mar-13 10:01:58

Good luck PRINTMISS. It's an everyday procedure now, so I hope it does the trick for him flowers

harrigran Mon 25-Mar-13 10:28:10

Fingers crossed PRINTMISS

Nelliemoser Mon 25-Mar-13 10:57:22

Printmiss I hope it is sucessful.

Movedalot Mon 25-Mar-13 11:19:09

Good luck to your husband PRINTMISS, let's hope it works this time.

-1 here this morning. Wouldn't have gone out unless I had to but finally got physio today, only been in pain since December 29th!

glammanana Mon 25-Mar-13 12:11:53

Printmiss good luck to your hubby,and movedalot hoping it's not too painful at your physio appointment and you get relief.

Galen Mon 25-Mar-13 12:19:07

Went patio bits shopping with Gary the Gardner. Bought a load of large pots from e homebase at very reasonable prices . Was pleasantly surprised. I was ambushed by a large lemon tree that jumped out of me and cried out 'buy me!' It was such a .ovely tree I succumbed and bought it. I already have 3 lemon trees 2 limes and a Kashmiri lime!oh and an olive tree as well.

Ana Mon 25-Mar-13 12:35:20

grin jumped out of you...!

Galen Mon 25-Mar-13 12:39:42

You know I'm a lousy typist. At me!

Nelliemoser Mon 25-Mar-13 12:46:53

galen When are you going into full scale sale dressing production? grin

Nelliemoser Mon 25-Mar-13 12:47:43

Salad dressing prouction even blush

Nelliemoser Mon 25-Mar-13 12:48:26

production. Of B*****!

Ana Mon 25-Mar-13 12:54:52

grin

Galen Mon 25-Mar-13 13:51:34

Nellie no. I'm trying to do an italian patio on my south facing front patio..I'll see if I have a photo and post it!

PRINTMISS Tue 26-Mar-13 08:37:07

Thank you all for your kind comments and thoughts - my husband is home, procedure went well and the consultant assures us that Tom will be able to do all the things he wants to do - bearing in mind his age of course, which he tends to forget at times. My only hope now is that this will be a continuing success, and not work for three months, then revert - that would be a really crushing disappointment for us both, after a all the other failures, but there we go, we are both still here, enjoying life, more so than a great many other folk.

Sook Tue 26-Mar-13 09:09:04

PRINTMISS That's good to hear, your husband sounds a fighter which is always a good sign. Hugs for you ((( ))))

celebgran Tue 26-Mar-13 09:13:53

So pleased for you print miss enjoy each day!