Gransnet forums

Chat

Spring!

(8 Posts)
Greatnan Thu 28-Mar-13 23:47:02

Well,still lots of snow here but I saw the first daffodil buds today and there are catkins on the trees. Britain seems to be suffering from a very long, hard Winter which must be very depressing but I am sure many of you have seen harbingers of Spring.

BonicaCook Fri 29-Mar-13 02:55:46

Our daffodil have been blossom in a night we did not even noticed several days ago. Sounds great to have the harbingers of spring.

goldengirl Fri 29-Mar-13 14:40:28

We've had crocuses and snowdrops but the daffs look rather careworn

tanith Fri 29-Mar-13 15:12:25

I have tete a tete daffs out, such a happy sight, my crocus are almost at an end and I dug up and split my 'in the green' snowdrops this morning, managed to get the back lawn cut too it looks so much happier now..

dustyangel Fri 29-Mar-13 15:19:50

We've had unusual amounts of rain this year (in the clouds again today) but yesterday while waiting in car for DH, insde carpark I watched a very noisy sparrow trying to encourage either its babies or fellow fledglings to join it on a roofing pipe fromvery scruffy nest nearby.

glammanana Fri 29-Mar-13 15:33:12

From my kitchen window I can see the roof top of the garage that backs onto us in the next Road,there was mummy sparrow splashing about in a pool oF water giving herself what looked like a well needed bath after she had spent an hour or so taking care of her babies who nest in the tree behind the garage.Lovely sight.

sunflowersuffolk Fri 29-Mar-13 18:51:21

We still have some tiny patches of snow under the hedges, but I saw the first clumps of primroses out today sunshine.

Went to Thorpeness Mere and fed the ducks and swans (well more seagulls actually) and it was cold but wonderful blue sky and sunshine. The buds are all swelling on the trees, so Spring is on on the way at last.

PRINTMISS Sat 30-Mar-13 08:30:25

We have lots of spring flowers in flower here (show off!) and they really do lift the spirits on a dull day, and even more so when the sun decides to show its face. Unfortunately the wind and really hard frosts have done little to encourage the daffodils to stay with us, but the small flowers are a joy.