Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Wednesday

(32 Posts)
12Michael Wed 17-Apr-13 07:56:45

Good Morning Everryone,
Its a wet start here in Brackley today, popped into Oxford for a cuple of hours yesterday.
Mick

glassortwo Wed 17-Apr-13 22:39:03

soop fingers crossed wine

GillieB Wed 17-Apr-13 19:36:52

Soop - it's obviously the day for cleaning ovens. My DD rang this afternoon (8 months' pregnant) and asked me if I had ever used an oven cleaning service as she was thinking of getting hers done (her house is on the market, too). After she had rung off DH asked me why she had rung, I explained and then he offered to go to clean hers for her - at which I replied, "but what about mine?" So that's what he has been doing for the last couple of hours. Incidentally I read somewhere that it takes on average 10 viewings before you get an offer! Good luck with it.

Faye Wed 17-Apr-13 18:50:35

Good luck soop I am sure your house will sell quickly. I actually wondered the other day how you were going with your house building. D1 and SIL are coming to visit for a few days to help start painting the interior of the miner's cottage. My other SIL and I have gotten a lot of renovations done in the last few months, with the help of plasterers, a plumber and a few other people who have also helped.

Nonu Wed 17-Apr-13 18:31:30

Tell you what honey, when we sold the first house we owned , bearing in mind we had 3 children under the age of 2 . total tip as it was a 2 up 2 down so space was limited .

They bought it . Yours will go no doubt , maybe not 1st time , please keep calm , bet you got a little palace there .

x

soop Wed 17-Apr-13 18:15:47

Heckers! Thanks for the suggestions. Now Mr soop is cleaning the windows. It's bound to rain! Rory knows that something's going on. So much activity in so short a space of time. Not like us at all...wink

Nonu Wed 17-Apr-13 18:04:23

Oh , I thought I was coming for a drinkie-poo .
Never mind , will don the marigolds and slosh the bleach around , always gives a fresh smell , will also bake some bread as evidently that is a smell people like when viewing + plenty of lavender freshner .

You do realise you won"t sleep a wink tonight .

Seriously though , GOOD LUCK .

Elegran Wed 17-Apr-13 17:54:34

Don't forget to spray something flowery in the bathroom, and grill a coffee bean or two in the kitchen. Baking a cake wouldn't go amiss either. You can then eat it after the viewers have been and gone.

numberplease Wed 17-Apr-13 17:47:03

Best of luck with the viewing Soop, have the wine now maybe, but just before the viewing, best make it a calmingbrew!

soop Wed 17-Apr-13 17:42:53

Yes indeed. The more, the merrier. Bring a duster and polish, please. Mr soop is cleaning the cooker. #abouttimetoo

Nonu Wed 17-Apr-13 17:39:42

Cheeky !

may I join you ?

soop Wed 17-Apr-13 17:37:26

Oh no, Nonu Best have a wine or two. wink

Nonu Wed 17-Apr-13 17:13:44

Keep calm and have a brew

soop Wed 17-Apr-13 17:00:56

The sun is shining in Kintyre. Estate Agent has just this minute called. We have our first viewing tomorrow afternoon. I'm all of a dither. grin

nanaej Wed 17-Apr-13 16:36:47

Sunny here now in Surrey..sat in the garden to read Private Eye but it is quite breezy so got a bit chilly after half an hour!

GillieB Wed 17-Apr-13 16:34:16

the sun has eventually come out this afternoon, although the wind is still fairly strong.

Harri - take care of yourself.

Printmiss - we have goldfinches visit every day - usually three or four of them. They started coming when I put out sunflower hearts. I think they are probably like bullfinches; they can smell sunflower hearts from a couple of miles away.

numberplease Wed 17-Apr-13 15:45:46

Good afternoon from a (still) very windy Boston. Bit cooler today,14 degrees.

soop Wed 17-Apr-13 14:12:22

Good afternoon from Kintyre. The wind is less fierce. The rain clouds are dispersing. There is promise of a glimmer of sunshine.

harri keep warm and try to take plenty of rest. flowers

glassortwo Wed 17-Apr-13 10:32:26

Wet here but forecast said it will be 17 later, not much good without the sun.
harri take care flowers

harrigran Wed 17-Apr-13 10:27:31

Grey wet and miserable here. The virus has really taken hold and I have lost my voice, been awake all night coughing.

Galen Wed 17-Apr-13 10:15:19

Dull here and I have dental appointment at 11.15 which makes it even worse!

Grannyeggs Wed 17-Apr-13 09:34:58

Good Morning from dull and drizzly London.Have been swimming and am now looking at the ironing and wondering how to avoid it.I am on a fasting day and therefore don't want to be in the kitchen, so may just have to chuck the whole lot behind the sofa, or maybe I'll just grit my teeth and do it. hmm

tanith Wed 17-Apr-13 09:30:46

Its dull and raining slightly in West London got loads of laundry to catch up with was hoping it would be a nice drying day, maybe by the time its finished in the machine the sun will be out.. otherwise not much planned

annodomini Wed 17-Apr-13 09:18:06

Dull here and there are spots of rain on the windows. I need to have a quick swim this morning and there's a U3A French conversation group that I've said I will attend after lunch - what lunch? This is a 'fast' day!

dogs4me Wed 17-Apr-13 09:04:08

Very dull here in North Herts and looks like rain. Hope I will be able to get the plants in later that I had for my birthday. Also need to fill up the bird feeders asap. Have a lovely day all

Bez Wed 17-Apr-13 08:50:49

Good morning. Sun here so far today - was very warm yesterday. No plans for today - just chilling out and maybe some pootling!