Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Wednesday

(31 Posts)
12Michael Wed 17-Apr-13 07:56:45

Good Morning Everryone,
Its a wet start here in Brackley today, popped into Oxford for a cuple of hours yesterday.
Mick

PRINTMISS Wed 17-Apr-13 08:11:42

Good morning everyone, looks a bit uncertain here at the moment, but a fine day promised. Ache all over after a morning playing bowls yesterday, not used to playing outdoors against the wind which was quite strong, just keep assuring myself that it is good for me! Lovely surprise in the garden yesterday afternoon, a goldfinch - such pretty birds.

Nonu Wed 17-Apr-13 08:23:31

Good morning Mick

About early this morning as Mr N has gone off to play golf .
Some might take it as anexcuse to have a lie in , not me ,
Fine rain here , wonder what it is like in London for the funeral ?

Nonu Wed 17-Apr-13 08:26:58

PS
I love Oxford , years ago when we were first married we used to go a lot .
Pretty place .

laidback Wed 17-Apr-13 08:40:54

Very grey sky and a nip in the air in londontown nonu.

Nonu Wed 17-Apr-13 08:48:10

Thanks , Laidback.
smile

Bez Wed 17-Apr-13 08:50:49

Good morning. Sun here so far today - was very warm yesterday. No plans for today - just chilling out and maybe some pootling!

dogs4me Wed 17-Apr-13 09:04:08

Very dull here in North Herts and looks like rain. Hope I will be able to get the plants in later that I had for my birthday. Also need to fill up the bird feeders asap. Have a lovely day all

annodomini Wed 17-Apr-13 09:18:06

Dull here and there are spots of rain on the windows. I need to have a quick swim this morning and there's a U3A French conversation group that I've said I will attend after lunch - what lunch? This is a 'fast' day!

tanith Wed 17-Apr-13 09:30:46

Its dull and raining slightly in West London got loads of laundry to catch up with was hoping it would be a nice drying day, maybe by the time its finished in the machine the sun will be out.. otherwise not much planned

Grannyeggs Wed 17-Apr-13 09:34:58

Good Morning from dull and drizzly London.Have been swimming and am now looking at the ironing and wondering how to avoid it.I am on a fasting day and therefore don't want to be in the kitchen, so may just have to chuck the whole lot behind the sofa, or maybe I'll just grit my teeth and do it. hmm

Galen Wed 17-Apr-13 10:15:19

Dull here and I have dental appointment at 11.15 which makes it even worse!

harrigran Wed 17-Apr-13 10:27:31

Grey wet and miserable here. The virus has really taken hold and I have lost my voice, been awake all night coughing.

glassortwo Wed 17-Apr-13 10:32:26

Wet here but forecast said it will be 17 later, not much good without the sun.
harri take care flowers

soop Wed 17-Apr-13 14:12:22

Good afternoon from Kintyre. The wind is less fierce. The rain clouds are dispersing. There is promise of a glimmer of sunshine.

harri keep warm and try to take plenty of rest. flowers

numberplease Wed 17-Apr-13 15:45:46

Good afternoon from a (still) very windy Boston. Bit cooler today,14 degrees.

GillieB Wed 17-Apr-13 16:34:16

the sun has eventually come out this afternoon, although the wind is still fairly strong.

Harri - take care of yourself.

Printmiss - we have goldfinches visit every day - usually three or four of them. They started coming when I put out sunflower hearts. I think they are probably like bullfinches; they can smell sunflower hearts from a couple of miles away.

nanaej Wed 17-Apr-13 16:36:47

Sunny here now in Surrey..sat in the garden to read Private Eye but it is quite breezy so got a bit chilly after half an hour!

soop Wed 17-Apr-13 17:00:56

The sun is shining in Kintyre. Estate Agent has just this minute called. We have our first viewing tomorrow afternoon. I'm all of a dither. grin

Nonu Wed 17-Apr-13 17:13:44

Keep calm and have a brew

soop Wed 17-Apr-13 17:37:26

Oh no, Nonu Best have a wine or two. wink

Nonu Wed 17-Apr-13 17:39:42

Cheeky !

may I join you ?

soop Wed 17-Apr-13 17:42:53

Yes indeed. The more, the merrier. Bring a duster and polish, please. Mr soop is cleaning the cooker. #abouttimetoo

numberplease Wed 17-Apr-13 17:47:03

Best of luck with the viewing Soop, have the wine now maybe, but just before the viewing, best make it a calmingbrew!

Elegran Wed 17-Apr-13 17:54:34

Don't forget to spray something flowery in the bathroom, and grill a coffee bean or two in the kitchen. Baking a cake wouldn't go amiss either. You can then eat it after the viewers have been and gone.