Gransnet forums

Chat

Time to say goodbye for a while!

(35 Posts)
Greatnan Wed 19-Jun-13 10:36:37

I enjoyed one long snorkel very early this morning and now I have thoroughly enjoyed chatting to you all, but the sun is shining, the sea is like a mill pond and the coral is calling me! Je reviendrai. smile

gracesmum Fri 21-Jun-13 16:10:59

My late father used to smoke a pipe -only outside (Mum's rules) but it was invaluable in the midge season in Scotland where he lived. We all used to like to walk beside him when we were out to share the "protection".

merlotgran Fri 21-Jun-13 16:29:22

If only mozzies sucked fat and not blood hmm

Nonu Fri 21-Jun-13 16:31:21

Merlot.^ LOL^

numberplease Fri 21-Jun-13 17:28:35

Merlot, if only, I`d have welcomed them with open arms!

annodomini Fri 21-Jun-13 17:35:02

I'd welcome them with bingo arms!

JessM Fri 21-Jun-13 17:41:21

Maybe a bit of genetic engineering called for merlot ? In the service of humanity?

Nonu Fri 21-Jun-13 17:49:08

Jane , the garlic you can buy in jars , pickled, or fresh , cooked in oven or MIC. doesn"t make your breath smell.

Also when we go to Mauritius , we take VIT. B about 2 weeks before and the time we are there , that helps a lot .

smile

Marelli Fri 21-Jun-13 17:50:00

Bags, have you tried putting a few drops of the Avon Skin-so-Soft in the palms of your hands and patting it onto your hair? I've got dodgy skin as well, and found that doing this really does help keep the midges away. It does have to be the Woodland Fresh (original stuff). They sell it in the pharmacy in Tarbert - near soop - and it's sold specifically for the purpose of frightening away these beasties! grin

merlotgran Fri 21-Jun-13 17:54:18

Good idea, *JessM, then the Balmoral Estate could use them for bio fuel. grin