Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Saturday

(17 Posts)
12Michael Sat 27-Jul-13 07:19:03

Good Morning Everyone,
Its bright at the moment , but rain later?
Mick

Bez Sat 27-Jul-13 07:23:50

Morning - duller here so far - storms have been forecast the last two nights but none so far. Still very warm 32 yesterday. I hope everyone is finding the cooler temperatures a relief.

Butty Sat 27-Jul-13 07:42:58

Morning all.
It's a calm, beautiful morning. Last night was another matter. We had the biggest storm I've ever experienced. Continuous rolling thunder, booming, crackling and snapping, the night sky alight with sheet lightening, blue, white, yellow and torrential rain and hail. Roaring wind. Oh, Oh, Oh!
This morning's calm is especially welcome! smile

HUNTERF Sat 27-Jul-13 07:47:16

Bez

Cloudy in Sutton Coldfield but storms are forecast here.
I have got some food which needs eating by tomorrow and my daughters are in the same position.
We will take the dogs for a walk but not too far from a sheltered area.

Frank

Nelliemoser Sat 27-Jul-13 07:49:34

Bright in Cheshire as far as I can see without my glasses on.
Why did I feel so hungover this morning when my last alcohol was at least over a week ago?

The caffeine from my cup of tea seems to at last be seeping into my blood stream. Must get dressed and get busy! I find trying to type without glasses on is very hard work.

Ella46 Sat 27-Jul-13 07:56:53

Bit cloudy, bit sunny......so far!
I can't get going this morning despite two mugs of tea and some toast, but I must, as it's my exercise class in a while hmm

Gally Sat 27-Jul-13 08:17:55

Beautiful sunny morning in Fife. It's the first day of our Village Festival (it precedes the Edinburgh Festival and is almost as good if not better!) so fine weather for the 'coronation' at the Castle in a couple of hours time and hopefully for the rest of the week's activities crown

gillybob Sat 27-Jul-13 08:21:53

Beautiful sunny morning here on the North East Coast. So much to do today I had better get a wiggle on . Hope you all have a good day. smile

Bez Sat 27-Jul-13 08:29:18

BUTTY. Did you suffer any damage - I saw your area was orange on the Meteo map yesterday afternoon - we were pale yellow and the storm missed us.

PRINTMISS Sat 27-Jul-13 08:38:50

Good morning everyone, cooler here and rain promised. Out with friends for lunch, it's our 'fifth Thursday' group, because we used to meet for an evening meal together if there was a fifth Thursday in the month (it's a long story). Changed for easier travelling, so looking forward to doing catch-up on all the latest news. Enjoy your days.

Nonu Sat 27-Jul-13 09:21:40

Good morning one and all , lot cooler here , sunshine promised , we are feeling good as we have a family Barbie ---love them !!
Enjoy what ever you are going to be doing .

Butty Sat 27-Jul-13 09:30:36

Bez Thanks for asking. The garden is pretty trashed, and more roof leaks, but no, no real damage thankfully. It was frightening and spectacular in turns! Meteo Orange is quite something.

whenim64 Sat 27-Jul-13 09:58:58

That thunderstorm sounds spectacular, Butty. The calm and clear air is always so nice afterwards. I hope your garden is easy to tidy, and it hasn't done damage to precious plants.

KatyK Sat 27-Jul-13 14:05:54

Can't make its mind up in Brum. Was sunny, now cloudy.

Galen Sat 27-Jul-13 14:12:04

Cloudy, gloomy, cool.

Stansgran Sat 27-Jul-13 14:22:07

Beautiful morning but clouding over now. Storms predicted.

numberplease Sat 27-Jul-13 23:20:23

Lovely hot sunny day, went cloudy and misty early evening, then rain, but not much of it.