Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Sunday

(20 Posts)
12Michael Sun 01-Sep-13 07:39:02

Good Morning Everyone,
It looks a bit autumninal here in brackley, went up to Crewe yesterday to a beer festival in the rail heritage centre, crewe as changed from when I used dto go in the late 60`s when in RAF to a club there.
Mick

PRINTMISS Sun 01-Sep-13 07:49:29

Good morning to you all, it is bright with a chill in the air, but once again promises to be a nice day. Must have been a good weekend for Beer Festivals Mick, there was one at Amberley Museum yesterday, and although we did not stay long, it looked like being very busy. We were not there for the beer, just popping in to see a friend in the print shop, we had not seen him for some time, and were lunching near the Museum with friends, so took the opportunity to say hello to David. We are back there again today, working, looking forward to that, enjoy meeting the visitors and chatting. Enjoy your days everyone.

Nelliemoser Sun 01-Sep-13 08:07:51

Good morning all! its very dull and grey in Cheshire. The forecast suggests cloudy but a low chance of rain.

liminetta Sun 01-Sep-13 08:13:41

Good Morning all.,
I spotted the word autumninal; or as the weather forcaster says; autumnal, (on telly).This word seems to drive my husband mad! Everytime it is mentioned lately, his face goes purple with rage!!!!!!
He says it is another made-up words, modern-speak and that sort of thing infuriates him.Sorry, 12Michael; just simply had to mention this, personally, I dont see what hubby gets so wound up about, and I tend to slope off into the kitchen for a surruptitious snigger.!
Anyway, having said all that, have a great Sunday.smile

kittylester Sun 01-Sep-13 08:16:02

Good morning everyone! Bit dull in north Leicestershire this morning. Off for walk in our local country park this morning which will be weird without a dog sad.

DH is marinading and barbecuing a chicken today but I doubt it will be warm enough to eat outside.

Hope everyone has a lovely day sunshine

Stansgran Sun 01-Sep-13 08:56:16

Sun shining in Durham

Nonu Sun 01-Sep-13 09:00:18

Top of the morning , rather grey and overcast , but I don"t mind really !

family all gone now . "After the Lord Mayor"s show " !!! grin

Brendawymms Sun 01-Sep-13 09:49:28

Good morning from East Sussex on the 1st September. Where has the year gone. Off to Germany on Tuesday for a rail holiday. Blackberry, from the hedges, and apple crumble today. Autumn mists and mellow fruitfulness.

Sook Sun 01-Sep-13 09:54:57

Ditto Nellie but would add chilly. Have just got back from a local car boot sale. I treated myself to a lovely Allervale mottoware jug kitty. The motto suggests it was made during WW1. It has a few nibbles but who cares I like it.

Mick I live about six miles from Crewe and avoid it whenever possible it's a dire place imo.

Enjoy your day everyone.

annodomini Sun 01-Sep-13 09:59:36

liminetta, your OH should be invited to join pedants' corner. He would find many kindred spirits there. grin

bikergran Sun 01-Sep-13 10:15:27

Lancashire is a bit grey and windy this morn..and I only just got dressed lazy -moo- girl! just going to get tea organised Lamb steaks/roast tats/home grown green beans and maybe Yorkshires today! (aunt bessies) grin

Penstemmon Sun 01-Sep-13 10:21:13

An early morning drive in sunshine but it was chilly outside in the London suburbs!

glassortwo Sun 01-Sep-13 12:07:25

Good morning dull grey morning here in the North East.....oh should be Good Afternoon. smile

baubles Sun 01-Sep-13 12:45:19

Good afternoon all smile

Glass it's nice to see you smile smile

kittylester Sun 01-Sep-13 13:42:12

Sook -what's the motto? Last time I went to an antique's fair I only saw a couple of pieces with just the place names on so I haven't bought any for ages. I'm currently trying to find enough Denby, Poole and other 50/60/70 type dinner plates to hang on a brick wall in our dining room. Cliched or what? grin

glassortwo Sun 01-Sep-13 14:51:03

Hello baubles smile

Sook Sun 01-Sep-13 15:41:35

kitty I have sent you a pm re motto ware grin

numberplease Sun 01-Sep-13 17:10:53

Nice to see you again Glass, hope you are well?
Sunny, but not quite so warm today, saying that, it`s warmer outside than in, here in Boston.

Ariadne Sun 01-Sep-13 17:41:46

My little lad is 42 today. Where did the time go?

merlotgran Sun 01-Sep-13 18:04:55

The day started well. We set off to join my brother and his wife in a visit to mum at her nursing home and some silly woman drove into the back of us at traffic lights. She was going at quite a speed because the bang was so loud lots of people ran out of their houses. No one was hurt but her car is a write off. Thank goodness for our 4x4 which has escaped with damage to the rear bumper but nothing worse.

I now have a sore neck so I hope it's not whiplash developing because we're due to go on holiday in two weeks and I haven't had a break for six years!!

I don't feel any sympathy for the woman at all. She seemed to think that we would just exchange details and drive off. DH pointed out that her car wasn't fit to drive and in any case we were phoning the police as the road was blocked. The police were very good, found out her insurance details for us and let us go on our way. They said she'd get a fixed penalty fine for driving without due care and attention.

Maybe she should have just had her eyes on the road?? angry