Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Monday

(23 Posts)
numberplease Mon 09-Sep-13 21:12:04

Penstemmon, you`ve just reminded me that I was supposed to ring for someone to service our gas fire before the wintry weather comes back, hope I remember tomorrow.

Penstemmon Mon 09-Sep-13 18:11:37

Bloomin' cold here too further south! Heavy showers, grey sky, sunshine , heavy showers, grey sky, sunshine....

DH has organised the boiler service and I have booked the chimney sweep..must be Autumn! Glad i had the logs delivered!

kittylester Mon 09-Sep-13 17:26:47

Good evening! Blinking freezing here in North Leicestershire sad

I volunteered at Court this morning and it was actually colder inside the building than outside. That's climate control for you confused The state of one of our clients made it necessary to open all the windows wide which didn't help grin

annodomini Mon 09-Sep-13 17:03:32

Some very heavy showers here and so unpredictable.

numberplease Mon 09-Sep-13 16:03:48

Sunny here, but as bit cooler today. Hope you enjoy the book when you get it Ali, I love Kathy Reichs.

whenim64 Mon 09-Sep-13 13:28:26

It's a lovely sunny day here, but a distinct nip in the air. I succumbed and put my heating on, too!

Lilygran Mon 09-Sep-13 12:28:28

Heating on here as well. And it was such a warm day last Wednesday!

AlieOxon Mon 09-Sep-13 11:55:46

I'm COLD. Heating on. Heating also on for the cat, who is spending most of her time out in the passage. (She's old and arthritic)
My leg is worse, I think because it was cold last night. Feel wobbly.

Was hoping for some help today from my little gardener/handyman but he is stuck in Henley.

I have a new library book (Reichs latest) which I reserved, some in, but the library doesn't open until 1pm on Mondays, at least I remembered this time!

BAnanas Mon 09-Sep-13 11:46:18

Drizzle, drizzle, drizzle and chilly with it, I had to don my Berghaus this morning, albeit lightweight, when I went out this morning. Come back summer, missing you already!

Stansgran Mon 09-Sep-13 10:48:37

Thistle how about fixing her with a beady eye and saying dont you speak to your mother like that and leaving the room phone etc very quickly.
Bright but chilly in Durham. The ironing will warm me up.

dustyangel Mon 09-Sep-13 10:46:40

Morning all, beautiful morning here as well. There has been a change in the air over the last week. Autumn letting us know it's on it's way. Probably be hot later.
I hope you feel better soon Thistledoo.

Thistledoo Mon 09-Sep-13 09:47:59

Beautiful morning here on the Moray Firth, a little parky though, think autumn is here, wondering if I should put the heating on for the kitten, thought he was looking a bit chilly this morning. Feeling a bit low today as DD has been shouting at me again.

annodomini Mon 09-Sep-13 09:43:07

Yes,*Bez*, the damage to my sister's house was mostly on the surface - but the whole place needs to be re-plastered and doors re-hung. There's still a hole in the carport and the kitchen floor has a dip in the middle. There is terrible inefficiency in the system there and little coordination between local and national authorities. Also a serious shortfall in skilled labour. Thank goodness that at least the big picture windows were a priority and were replaced promptly.

Ariadne Mon 09-Sep-13 09:26:06

Bit nippy down here, but there is sunshine at least!

PRINTMISS Mon 09-Sep-13 09:20:41

Good morning, grey and chilly here. Managed to get to the bowls finals yesterday morning, but gave the afternoon session a miss, just as well, thunder and lightning! Pile of ironing waiting to be done, and the excitement of that is just too much! Enjoy your days everyone.

Bez Mon 09-Sep-13 09:16:42

What a long time to wait Anno have they been able to live in the house at all?
Good morning - sunny and cloudy here this morning and so far cool - could do with the heat on in the bathroom today! I am dealing with plums and apples this morning - have the jars in sterilising and will get the water bath thingy down ready in a bit. Then I will look at doing something with the masses of tomatoes ready for picking.
Enjoy your days and hope the tooth is OK celeb

annodomini Mon 09-Sep-13 09:05:10

Yes, Nellie. We want to keep this lovely autumnal sunshine, don't we. Just had a long chat with sister in NZ. 31 months after the earthquake in Christchurch, her house has now been assessed for the necessary repairs. And it still has to be put out to tender. What a palaver!

celebgran Mon 09-Sep-13 08:34:07

Cold and grey here in frinton!
Got soaked on picnic yesterday oh dear is summer over?

Tooth sill sore from massive filling on fri bit worried I crunched m and m s yesterday?!

ninathenana Mon 09-Sep-13 08:31:52

Morning all
Grey and very still here on the coast.

DGS starts school today. Hope he's as keen in a couple of days as he is now smile

Nelliemoser Mon 09-Sep-13 08:21:12

Sunny and bright in Cheshire for the moment. I hope your weather isn't coming north Galen.

Galen Mon 09-Sep-13 08:00:52

Grey and damp and miserable here made worse by the fact I'm going to work in a newish court building which was designed by an architect who must have had a phobia about daylight!

Charleygirl Mon 09-Sep-13 07:50:33

Possibly. The weather here in NW London is similar to yours but it is warm enough to have the patio doors open.

12Michael Mon 09-Sep-13 07:23:04

Good Morning Everyone,
Its a very dark and grey start here in Brackley , Autumn at last ?
Mick