Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Friday

(35 Posts)
12Michael Fri 04-Oct-13 06:34:09

Good Morning Everyone,
Looks windy out today, flu jab later ,starting to settle in now, nice warm place.
Mick

berdie Fri 04-Oct-13 10:36:14

Got my Flu jab tomorrow, last year it felt like I had bowled 50 overs at Lords,
DW keeps telling me to "man up".wink

annodomini Fri 04-Oct-13 11:12:09

I had it last Saturday and felt nothing then or later!

annsixty Fri 04-Oct-13 13:44:54

I lost my armful of blood on Monday and have now had a phone call from GP about raised cholesterol.I have put off the decision about statins by agreeing to try diet for a few months. Has anyone gone down this route with success?

Lona Fri 04-Oct-13 14:52:34

Afternoon everyone. I've got my flu jab tomorrow but it's never bothered me so far! Also just received an all clear result for a bowel cancer test.

I've managed to miss being soaked up to now, but it's a very gloomy day.

JessM Fri 04-Oct-13 15:53:47

Not quite sure whether your arms are haemorrhaging or are you just having blood tests? Must check whether the local ASDA here has a pharmacy (£7 flu jab bargain)
The gardening was very soothing in a damp kind of way. Pruning tree heathers "lightly". Bit scary, as never pruned them before. Would they disapprove of my efforts? Should I make an executive decision re applying a more heavy hand on tall bits, or bits sticking out into path?
Stopped when legs and wrists really wet. Learned that if it is iffy, put those water-resistant trousers on before you start, as you don't want to put them on over damp trousers. Denizens of gardeners mess room friendly.
Only 3 intrepid visitors passed by but they also opportunity for a wee chat. smile

annodomini Fri 04-Oct-13 16:14:15

Being facetious, Jess! Blood test done. Luckily I am old enough to have free flu jabs. The queue outside our medical centre looked like a meeting of the U3A

JessM Fri 04-Oct-13 16:18:56

not dramatic anno grin

Lona Fri 04-Oct-13 16:21:54

anno It's like the first day of the sales! grin

AlieOxon Fri 04-Oct-13 17:07:23

Getting my jab tomorrow.
Nagging daughter to get hers!