Gransnet forums

Chat

Stunned and sad

(122 Posts)
Sewsilver Wed 30-Oct-13 09:54:59

DH died two weeks ago. Have been unable to post until now. Feeling utterly stunned and bereft.

Mishap Thu 07-Nov-13 22:37:21

Fabnan and sewsilver - hope you are bearing up in these difficult times. We are all thinking of you.

Agus Thu 07-Nov-13 22:35:19

fabnan I would also like to express my heartfelt sympathyflowers

You did the right thing by joining GN. Lots of us here whenever you feel like popping in for a blether. Look forward to chatting to you.

fabnan Thu 07-Nov-13 22:06:14

I am new to gransnet and have only just seen all your lovely messages to me , so thank you to you all. Everyday life is so sad without my DH, there is no real structure to the day when you only have yourself to think about. I have a wonderful supportive family, five children and ten grandchildren but you have to tell them you're ok even when you're not ,as they have their own lives to lead.

There is a lot to do dealing with paperwork etc but not easy to get motivated to do it.

It's so reassuring to hear how other women are coping with the loss of their DH's.

I know the old cliche time is a great healer is so true...so roll on time!

Galen Sat 02-Nov-13 19:11:59

Oh! If you want to chat any time ,pm me and I'll pm you my number,

Galen Sat 02-Nov-13 19:11:18

I've been a widow now for 10 years. I'm still in the same large house!
The main thing is - don't do anything major for the first year at least.
The only thing I did was sell our yacht and regretted it. But realistically I couldn't have managed her single handed!
You'll be surprised how the empty space soon fills up.

Mishap Sat 02-Nov-13 19:07:55

Hello sewsilver. You are a very thoughtful and generous lady to be thinking of the needs of your children. I know tomorrow will feel very hard when everyone goes home - but we are all still here - just keep in touch.

Sewsilver Sat 02-Nov-13 19:05:45

I am feeling so grateful for all your support and realising with Greatnan missing so dreadfully what a wonderful community GN is. My daughter goes home tomorrow and I am dreading my first week alone. I hope she doesn't realise that, as my children have been amazing and I want them to get back into their own lives. This is a very big house for one person, I think when I eventually downsize there won't feel so much empty space. It's a shame that we weren't able to keep our lovely dog as he would be company. He's gone to live happily with a friend and her dog.

hummingbird Sat 02-Nov-13 18:52:13

Dear Sewsilver, I'm so sorry to hear your sad news. I've thought of you often, and wondered how your DH was doing. This is a very hard time for you, but you must try to take care of yourself. Good wishes, flowers

Kiora Sat 02-Nov-13 18:28:53

I'm only a recent gransnetter. But I want to send you my most sincere condolences. I do hope you will continue to post on here I am sure all your fellow gransnetters will be able to give you a little comfort.

Aka Sat 02-Nov-13 10:25:59

fabgran I too have just revisited this thread and I was sad to read your post. Thinking of you both flowers and flowers xx

glassortwo Sat 02-Nov-13 09:52:20

fabnan sorry I have just come back to the thread and want send you my condolences. flowers

Mishap Sat 02-Nov-13 09:47:42

Sewsilver and fabnan - you are still in my thoughts - stay strong.

Notso Sat 02-Nov-13 05:39:50

sewsilver flowers fabnan flowers

Ariadne Sat 02-Nov-13 05:29:31

And, fabnan my love to you too. I cannot begin to comprehend the depth of your sorrow, but I can imagine only too well the loss and loneliness you must be feeling. x

Ariadne Sat 02-Nov-13 05:27:38

sewsilver you have been on such a long hard journey, and it is no wonder that you are overwhelmed by grief and stunned by it all. I am sorry to hear of your loss.

And being still in pain must just make you feel worse, if that is possible. Take it one day at a time, and remember that we are here if you need us. xxxx

grannyactivist Sat 02-Nov-13 00:27:29

sewsilver and fabnan - just wondering how you're doing? (Daft question I know - what I really mean is that I'm thinking of you both and wanted you to know it.)

yogagran Fri 01-Nov-13 22:47:46

My thoughts and sympathy to both sewsilver and fabnan
So sorry to hear you news

harrigran Fri 01-Nov-13 19:24:58

Sewsilver flowers
fabnan flowers

trendygran Fri 01-Nov-13 19:12:54

So sorry to hear of your loss. It's a very difficult time for all., but will ease eventually.

Galen Fri 01-Nov-13 10:28:25

From experience, I can tell you that things do get better.

Sewsilver Fri 01-Nov-13 09:58:27

Dark indeed Pogs, I feel as if all the lights have gone out. Am trying to remain positive and optimistic and do my Physio in the hope that I can walk again soon. It is particularly difficult to be trapped in the house as it is full of memories of the last year of his illness.

POGS Fri 01-Nov-13 08:56:09

Sewsilver

I feel deeply for you and your wider family. Dark days for you at the moment. flowers

Kate13 Fri 01-Nov-13 03:49:01

Really sorry to hear your sad news sewsilver and Fabnan. My thoughts are with you both. Keep talking to us flowers

numberplease Fri 01-Nov-13 02:59:16

So sorry Sewsilver

absent Thu 31-Oct-13 22:19:41

So sorry to hear your sad news Sewsilver. Deepest sympathy.