Gransnet forums

Chat

Virtual New Year's Eve party

(299 Posts)
Galen Sat 28-Dec-13 21:29:48

There are a lot of us on our own.
The last party was aborted due to greatnan's death !
Is anyone interested in one?
The venue I suggest should be

BALMORAL

bikergran Sun 29-Dec-13 13:29:16

I can squeeze another one on the bike..(in between my inflatable friends) do you think "Her Mag" would object to bringing them along? They will be dressed in suitable attire grin complete with kilts (no undies) grin

bikergran Sun 29-Dec-13 13:31:14

going to Google Balmoral see if any dress restrictions! and have a look round get my bearings before I have a few glasses of wine tea!

Galen Sun 29-Dec-13 13:34:13

My carpet is infinitely expandable, the only trouble is the pattern (which Is also the map) gets distorted with a lot of people on it and it does tend to sag. (Do carpets get las pets do, more like their owners as they age?)

bikergran Sun 29-Dec-13 13:38:12

hmm we could have stayed in the Queens building but its not available at this time of year! tut! but! there are cottages available if anyone requires an over night stay. also mobility scooters (think we could squeeze 3 of us on one if one sits on another's knee and the other hangs on for dear life at the rear) in case walking is a problem to anyone! of course no drinking and driving whilst in charge of these vehicles shock as though we would grin

Stansgran Sun 29-Dec-13 13:42:53

Couldn't we cross dress ? Sort of star spangled black with all the bling we possess. I shall wear midnight like Tiffany wot sit .

AlieOxon Sun 29-Dec-13 13:59:27

Charley, biker - who is coming from the right direction?

I tried my tiara around the pointy hat, but it keeps falling off.....

Galen Sun 29-Dec-13 14:05:40

Which set of pearls is my question. I only have one pearl tiara so no choice there!
I shall wear the diaphanous cream gol dusted empire style dress over my (virtual) sylphlike body.

Galen Sun 29-Dec-13 14:06:02

Gold dusted

newist Sun 29-Dec-13 14:08:03

Charleygirl like yourself I am a virgin Virgo. Galen your carpet sounds good, owing to the fact mobility scooters would have trouble getting across The Minch grin

Galen Sun 29-Dec-13 15:01:06

My lightweight one doesn't like Scotland anyway, and I've lost my navigation lights!tchangry

Galen Sun 29-Dec-13 15:01:48

AllieOxon try superglue!

sunseeker Sun 29-Dec-13 15:05:58

I'll come as long as I can wear flat sensible shoes (with glitter). Went to a party the other night in high heels and by the end of the evening my feet were killing me - it must have shown because the host insisted on taking my arm and helping me down the steps tchshock - don't think the several glasses of champagne had anything to do with it!

I have recently had a canopy fitted to the broomstick so should be warm and comfy for the journey.

AlieOxon Sun 29-Dec-13 15:10:08

Galen - dunnit!
Please will somebody pick me up?

Galen Sun 29-Dec-13 15:13:37

I'll divert via oxford!

Galen Sun 29-Dec-13 15:16:07

Watch out for me! Mine is the carpet with the tree of life pattern. Hope there aren't too many others the same around! Too many people visit turkey and bring them back as souvenirs so they're beginning to become common!

newist Sun 29-Dec-13 16:00:53

Do we need parachutes or hard hats (with glitter on) and do we get a stewardess giving safety guidelines on your delightful carpet grin

bikergran Sun 29-Dec-13 16:09:40

will the Corgis be around? only I will bring poop bags if so lol lol
Oh and even though her "Maj" won't be around...I still think we should practice our " Curtseys" (not sure if that's spelt correctly) just in case she comes back early grin and what about Phill?? is he going to be hanging around? hmm

AlieOxon Sun 29-Dec-13 17:19:43

Thanks - I will watch out for you Galen but stop 15miles south of Oxford please!
It's the house next to the one covered with ivy - still. (Due, I hear, to be sorted once the council know that No. 16 will do nothing by Jan 2nd.)

My hat with tiara can double as a hard hat?

Charleygirl Sun 29-Dec-13 17:28:22

OMG Alie i could not live next to that although it will be helpful for one night only, as a means of finding your house. You really should wear a hard hat as we should follow "elf and safety" rules.

Your pointy hat could be worn underneath with the point sticking through a hole in the hard hat. The tiara is more difficult but you could fit it around your neck temporarily.

AlieOxon Sun 29-Dec-13 17:53:52

But I stuck my tiara to the hat! I will have a large pointy with a small hard hat - underneath!

Charleygirl Sun 29-Dec-13 18:19:12

That will be fine.

Goose Sun 29-Dec-13 21:23:21

I will be flying over from South Oxfordshire on my specially adapted Whizzo broomstick, and will happily swoop in to pick up anyone on the way. I can comfortably take three on the back and two upfront - please bring your own pointy crash helmets

Galen Sun 29-Dec-13 21:31:05

Can you pick up Allie Oxon'youre nearer than me?

Goose Sun 29-Dec-13 22:18:58

AlieOxon - Carfax, Oxford 11.59pm 31/12/13? I'll be the one wearing a black gown and carrying a big book of spells, but as my hat got squashed when I accidentally sat on it, it looks more like a mortar board than a pointy hat:-(

Galen Sun 29-Dec-13 22:28:27

[chtsmile] I'm sure you've earned the mortar board.
After all, it's only a matter of degree[chthhmm]