Gransnet forums

Chat

Virtual New Year's Eve party

(299 Posts)
Galen Sat 28-Dec-13 21:29:48

There are a lot of us on our own.
The last party was aborted due to greatnan's death !
Is anyone interested in one?
The venue I suggest should be

BALMORAL

whenim64 Wed 01-Jan-14 01:01:38

Happy New Year, Merlot. OK, Envious we're here. Just put it into turbo gear and you'll be home in 5 minutes! Safe journey back, and remember 'what happens on Gransnet, stays on Gransnet!' grin

Enviousamerican Wed 01-Jan-14 01:14:00

wink like Los Vegas!

bikergran Wed 01-Jan-14 10:00:32

Well! well!! seems you all had a brill time tchsmile and got thoroughly intoxicated...must say them Vodka jellies were delicious!! who made them?? must get the recipe ours(of course whilst you lot were enjoying yourselves "I was having to "yes having to"! entertain Mr Plod! to save you all from being arrested (and yes glamma ) he did! remember you from last time (he still bears the scars and the tattoo)!
but we had fun seeing how many things we could do with a pair of handcuffs and a truncheon tchgrin
now then could all please tidy up and vactate the summer house get rid of any wacky baccy items left behind as soon as poss...as I have a txt that Liz and Phil are on their way back to Balmoral after lunch.!

AlieOxon Wed 01-Jan-14 10:04:46

Tut tut, biker.

At least we put the fire out. What have they got to complain about?

bikergran Wed 01-Jan-14 10:11:37

shock!

withany Wed 01-Jan-14 10:32:30

Well it was one hell of a party, not sure what time I got in.. Happy New Year everyone

Nelliemoser Wed 01-Jan-14 10:47:24

I am having to read to see what happened. I chickened out after fighting to stay awake after 9:30pm. I was so tired I crawled off to bed at 10:30ish which did me good.

I will note what you have all been up to as you may not remember this morning. I can then blackmail you over the coming year. wink

sunseeker Wed 01-Jan-14 10:54:07

I think something went wrong with my automatic pilot - or I was a little "tired" as I missed my house and crash landed in my neighbours hedge. Saw him this morning looking at his crushed bushes (that sounds painful) I am hoping he will put it down to the bad weather.

Off to have a cooked breakfast - I gather that is very good when you -haveahangover- aren't feeling well

sunseeker Wed 01-Jan-14 10:54:57

hangover sod it why can't I ever get these things right!

LizG Wed 01-Jan-14 10:58:05

Did anyone think to leave a note for Liz and have all corgis been returned safely? Thank you Galen for organising the night and to all those who brought food, drinks, etc., etc., etc. flowers

Goose Wed 01-Jan-14 11:07:52

I'm fed up. The Smuggles from No.37 knocked on my door last night just as I was polishing up the Vroomstick getting ready for take-off. They knew I'd be 'on my own', so would I care to join them for a 'nice mince pie and glass (one? tchshock) of Sherry' to see the New Year in? I tried to explain that I was just about to leave to go to Balmoral, but I don't think, from the looks they kept giving each other, they believed me…he even patted me on the head and murmured 'there, there dear, WE'LL look after you', so after I'd bitten his hand, they bundled me into their kitchen and kept me a prisoner for the night, plying me with Digestive biscuits, cups of tea and games of Dominoes, until I managed to escape out of the toilet window and make my getaway, this was nearly 3.00am, by witch time I guessed all you other bewitching GN's would be well in the middle of partying and jumping broomsticks. I'm going to report the neighbours for gross boredom tchangry Sounds like I missed out on a pretty rum do tchsad

LizG Wed 01-Jan-14 11:17:39

Goosegrin

AlieOxon Wed 01-Jan-14 11:51:34

You did, Goose.... I got there anyway!

AlieOxon Wed 01-Jan-14 11:52:45

Liz - really not a good idea to leave notes, someone might give them to the police!

tiggypiro Wed 01-Jan-14 12:57:06

So sorry to have missed the party - sounded just up my street.
The good news is I have at last vacated the loo and wondering if I dare eat anything - any vodka jellies left?

tiggypiro Wed 01-Jan-14 12:57:33

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL !!

bikergran Wed 01-Jan-14 13:07:07

tiggypiro really glad your feeling a lot better and off the loo!
Goose and tiggy don't worry!!! good excuse for another one!!! hee hee..

bikergran Wed 01-Jan-14 13:08:47

think all the Vodka jellies went soz! I took a few with me to entice Mr Plod grin he ws ever sooo grateful wink

AlieOxon Wed 01-Jan-14 14:54:56

I bet.

AlieOxon Wed 01-Jan-14 16:05:20

maybe I'm just jealous....

Galen Wed 01-Jan-14 16:55:50

tchhmm

glammanana Wed 01-Jan-14 18:09:53

Thanks for a wonderful night Galen and the invitation nothing better than a Royal Knee's Up so to speak.
I had to make an earlyish exit as I had trouble with my power all sorted now thank gawd !!
Biker I hope you never gave that Policeman my name and address because I think he may be after compensation or something similar afetr our run in grin
Thanks for a good time & best wishes for 2014 xx

AlieOxon Wed 01-Jan-14 18:58:29

Let's do it again when the right occasion comes up!

A Happy 2014 to everyone.