Gransnet forums

Chat

Soop's Extended Extension.

(1001 Posts)
Nelliemoser Tue 21-Jan-14 14:14:10

This is now open for cakes and coffee and hot buttered toast. I am donating the new batch of marmalade. Enjoy.

Dragonfly1 Mon 10-Mar-14 14:07:41

I'm off to visit the new extension. Need some quiet time.

Nonnie Mon 10-Mar-14 13:48:16

The trouble with a thread like this is that if you didn't join in at the beginning you can't know all that has gone before so can't join in! No way do I have time to read 40 pages.

Bellasnana Mon 10-Mar-14 13:38:35

Commiserations to all of you suffering from the 'trots'. Hope it soon passes and you will all be fighting fit again very soon flowers

Charleygirl Mon 10-Mar-14 13:35:56

Ah Lona the mental arithmetic aint what it used to be!

Lona Mon 10-Mar-14 13:33:57

ALERT!!I have been a tad previous and opened another kitchen.

Lona Mon 10-Mar-14 13:30:44

Gracious! flowers to all of you poorly peeps! There is nothing worse than having to keep 'running' when you feel so ropey.
soop a special bunch flowers for you as you must still be fragile smile and a big (((hug)))

It's really glorious weather today, it makes most things seem better.

Charleygirl Mon 10-Mar-14 13:23:14

soop by mid afternoon we will also be moving into the new extension. I doubt if Rory will be phased.

I missed a lot of "Dancing on Ice" last night as I was outside in my night attire trying to persuade a new bully boy cat to go home, to no avail. Tara of course ignored the open door and ran away from me with this beast following her at speed. There was little I could do. She came home eventually, apparently unscathed. I have no idea if this cat is a new addition in the Mews or if he travelled a bit to see my baby girl.

Apply the cream to your bot, keep taking fluids, and have an early night.

soop Mon 10-Mar-14 13:17:01

If we reach the magic 1000...and I'm not around to open the extra extension, would one of my Granspals to the honours, please. Bunting and bubbly ready and waiting. grin

soop Mon 10-Mar-14 13:12:50

Granny23 and kitty It's horrid. Chewed string is an apt description. I felt nauseous but my problem was also confined to the nether regions. Lots of fluids are necessary. Get well soon.

Gally you are such fun. grin

Agus 'tummy buggers'...very clever!

Must move so that MacSporran can work on the bench. By mid afternoon I shall have my very own art-farty space.

ffinnochio Mon 10-Mar-14 13:08:16

Thanks for your congrats. Agus. Yes, it is lovely to be closer smile

Hope all of you with tummy upsets get well soon - and pleased you're on the mend, soop.

kittylester Mon 10-Mar-14 12:51:52

I can confirm there is a bug about as I am partaking of gn from my sick bed too. DH has had diarrhoea and sickness but, luckily, mine is confined to the nether regions! grin. I feel like a piece of chewed string and am getting through flat lemonade by the glass full!

We've given it to DD2 and DGD2 who have been here for the weekend. Makes a change - the traffi. Is usually the other way!

Agus Mon 10-Mar-14 12:37:18

Hope you 'tummy buggers' feel better soon grin. It really does take the feet from you. Try and take it easy and top up the fluids you have lost flowers and I don't mean wine grin

Granny23 Mon 10-Mar-14 12:30:42

I too have been struck by the runs this am. I attributed the attack to nerves as I was off to have bloods taken at the health centre. I was very brave, (didn't look, never felt a thing) but no lollipop shock. So now feeling doubly drained. Ooops have to run again.

Gally Mon 10-Mar-14 12:13:34

Hope the sun brings some colour to your cheeks wink soop.
I have had my Italian lesson with the lovely Denis this morning. He cycled along the coastal path to my house and brought his partner with him for the ride...... he is a he. Oh well, I was far too old for him anyway grin

annodomini Mon 10-Mar-14 12:11:39

Glad you are back on your wobbly legs, soop. A nasty wee virus perhaps? You are bound to be a bit susceptible. My DS, who had a big stomach op at the age of 2, still picks up every bug that's going, 39 years later.

soop Mon 10-Mar-14 11:58:37

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! Thank you for the many kind messages. If you could see me now you'd think that Dracula had drained me of blood. Pale and very uninteresting, sums things up very aptly. hmm

Goodness only knows what caused the fifteen hours of "the runs"...I've only ever had such experiences when taking Picalax prior to medical procedures. MacSporran was fine. We had eaten the same foods. All a bit mysterious. Thank you for suggesting sore bot creams. I have a tub of Sudafed in the cabinet. It has soothed the area very nicely.

Enough of such crappy delicate matters. The sun is shining. We've had a stroll through the village. Lots of smiles exchanged. Buds on the trees fit to burst into bloom.

Tegan you are a tyke! grin

MacSporran has finished constructing my work bench. I shall have to vacate my seat beside the computer in order that he may do a bit of drilling. When he's finished, I shall put my art stuff on it and take a photo...which, in due course, I shall share with you lovely lot flowers

Agus Sun 09-Mar-14 17:41:10

soop. Hope your tummy has settled now. Haven't heard of any tummy bugs going around at the moment but I always keep a bottle of pepto bismal in the fridge. Wonderful stuff for any tummy upsets.

Agus Sun 09-Mar-14 17:34:26

Torben has really shot up soop and what a handsome boy with a killer smile. smile

Savannah is just your double Lona and I can imagine it being non stop having a night with you. Great fun.

Congratulations ffin a new baby grandaughter and better still living a lot closer allowing you to see her often. flowers and a loving welcome to Veida.

I am deliberately not mentioning the rugbysad.

numberplease Sun 09-Mar-14 17:25:11

Sorry to hear you`re poorly Soop, hope you`re better soon. Likewise OGM, Tuesday is looming, so get blooming!

Tegan Sun 09-Mar-14 16:44:38

No; not 'motorized' wheelchair but wheelchair a good idea. We can do a 'Andy and Lou' on Tuesday and I can hide my sandwiches under your blanket [Cheltenham tend to be a bit sniffy about sandwiches so we always have to hide them in our poachers pockets]. We can then barge our way into all the enclosures....

Oldgreymare Sun 09-Mar-14 16:16:11

Thanks for all the good wishes.
Soop have PMed you a little suggestion.
I'm hiding away from THE match, I can't bear to watch....perhaps I'll just put the kettle on!

Charleygirl Sun 09-Mar-14 15:44:20

soop I do hope that you will feel better and less sore in the morning. *McSporran" will need to take a trip to a chemist tomorrow if you have one locally to buy some baby's bot cream. Rory will be on guard duty I hope.

MiceElf Sun 09-Mar-14 15:36:22

Oh dear, Soop you've only just got over the last nasty affliction. I hope Rory is keeping your spirits up. X

thatbags Sun 09-Mar-14 15:30:36

Oh dear, soop! I'm sorry to hear you are so unwell. Get well wishes winging their way over the mountains as I type flowers

dustyangel Sun 09-Mar-14 15:25:34

Oh dear! I hope dear soop that you feel much better soon. I'd better not name the little sachets that you get from the chemist but they are the only thing that doesn't make the runs worse I find.
OGM I hope you feel much better soon too. You have my sympathy especially as I'm hobbling myself. I've had a bug this week that literally kept me in bed for 24 hours and when I got up yesterday I could hardly walk, just a bit stiff I thought but no, somehow I've put my back out and I don't know how, I certainly haven't done anything strenuous.

Congratulations ffinocho what lovely news.
Bellasnana I'm really glad that your granddaughter is on the mend and I bet she enjoyed those cuddles as much as you did.
Lona and soop , what lovely photos of your GC, they both have mischievous twinkle in their eyes.

Imust go now as DH wants my laptop as his computer is down and he wants to see if he we can watch TV through mine.
He says anytime will do but he is hovering grin

This discussion thread has reached a 1000 message limit, and so cannot accept new messages.
Start a new discussion