Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Sunday

(23 Posts)
12Michael Sun 23-Feb-14 06:35:21

Good Morning Everyone,
Its cloudy but just becoming light, in Brackley up early as I wanted to get washing done and dried in the laundrette on site.
Mick

Charleygirl Sun 23-Feb-14 08:16:34

Good morning. It is a bit dull here today in NW London. I am not sure what to expect. I am not too bothered as I am going out for lunch with somebody I have known since I was 11 years old.

glassortwo Sun 23-Feb-14 08:40:06

Quite bright but windy here in the North east, I have got a flat tyre so need to inflate it with one of those foam tins, but then have to drive quite slow for a few miles, so if you are following me its not my fault. grin

Baby Alex eventually had his tongue tie snipped yesterday at the hospital, I hope his feeding settles as I dont know for how much longer DD can manage this 3 to 4 hour feeding stints, she is worn out, he just wants to be attached constantly. Disgrace that you have to shout and stamp your feet to get something done, the midwives had supposedly referred him at 2 days but the referral went missing hmm, must have been the same as the visits they were coming to do angry he is 4 weeks today. Sorry rant over!

Thistledoo Sun 23-Feb-14 08:56:48

Good morning everyone, up really early this morning to catch flight from Southampton back home to Scotland. Visit really sad as had to bid farewell to dear elderly Aunt. She is 94 and in extremely poor health, docs don't think she will not last much longer. She was quite bright yesterday and able to have a good chat with me, I feel so bad leaving her as I fear I will not see her again. She is a very special lady.

MrsM Sun 23-Feb-14 09:02:02

Good morning, though it's a bit dull and gusty here today. A nice lazy day in store, with roast beef and yorkshire pud to anticipate later.

felice Sun 23-Feb-14 09:06:16

Bright and sunny here, up at 7.30 insommnia again, awake at 5.17 after 2 hours sleep so gave up at 7.30 and made a nice cup of tea, why do we call it a 'nice cup of tea?'
Off to the Kirk soon tea and coffee rota today full house usually so busy morning ahead.
Have a happy day.

Kiora Sun 23-Feb-14 09:09:06

Morning mick. Do you have a little 'chin wag' (natter, talk) when your in the laundrette? I'm sure your going to have one charleygirl. Enjoy your lunch. Hope your G.C feeding problems are resolved. Oh thistle I know that feeling so there is nothing I can say. Hope the flight is smooth. It's starting to look dull and grey here in kent. Such a disappointment because the last weeks weather was looking rather springlike. After a week of visitors staying over my home feels empty. On the up side I can watch Andrew Marr in peace.

PRINTMISS Sun 23-Feb-14 09:13:50

Good morning to you all, it looks promising weather-wise, but who knows in this country? Do hope the baby feeding gets easier glassortwo, so worrying with young babies. Also hope you all have enjoyable days where you are able.

annodomini Sun 23-Feb-14 09:35:32

Dreary morning, trees are swaying. Not very inviting!

NfkDumpling Sun 23-Feb-14 09:37:39

Mornin' All. So glad Baby Alex has had his tongue snipped Glass. My DGS is now 16 weeks and had just started to get into a reasonable routine. We got back from holiday yesterday to find DiL's Crones has flared up horrendously. It never rains.......

About to put in fourth load of washing. (Woke up at four). Need to get it done so I can relieve DiL's mum who's been helping out the last two weeks while DS is at work.

NfkDumpling Sun 23-Feb-14 09:38:28

(Was the GN logo that colourful when I went away?)

glassortwo Sun 23-Feb-14 09:41:16

nfk I think it was but I haven't been around as much as normal, sorry to hear about your DIL. flowers

Elegran Sun 23-Feb-14 09:47:44

It has been coloured like that to support gay people during the Games in the face of discrimination.

NfkDumpling Sun 23-Feb-14 09:57:53

Thanks Glass. She has an illiostomy bag and virtually no large intestine - and was told she wouldn't be able to conceive. They got that wrong! Hopefully she'll see her consultant soon and he'll be able to get things moving as she's in constant pain.

(Hope they'll keep the logo colours, it makes us look a more cheerful bunch)

kittylester Sun 23-Feb-14 10:03:02

Good morning all!

It's a blowy but greyish day here in N. Leicestershire. We have had the two biggest DGC here overnight and DGD (4) loves musicals so we are currently in the upstairs sitting room watching The Sound of Music, again, while DH and DGS are watching the Winter Olympics and playing on the Wii. I suppose we should get dressed before we take them home! grin

Enjoy your days everyone! sunshine

NanKate Sun 23-Feb-14 10:57:15

Hello everyone.

Cloudy and damp here in the Thames Valley.

Just had a nice chat on my Ipad with my 3 year old DGS who tells me he is off to happy church this morning, but he does have time to show me his skills on his trike.

Oh he also has been given 2 chocolate drops for success on the loo !

Lyndysim Sun 23-Feb-14 11:29:10

Very breezy here in Lancashire with showers. The bulbs in my flower tubs think its time to flower. I hope they survive all this awful weather. Roll on spring.
Thinking of all the people who are suffering elsewhere in the country with the dreadful floods, especially the farmers. Their produce won't see the light of day, and I worry about my bulbs! Hardly comparable.

Tegan Sun 23-Feb-14 11:31:08

Grey and miserable here. My daughters just bought a huge bag of washing round for me to do [their builder has left them without a washing machine for two weeks] and I've discovered a leak under the imersion heater. This is with none of the taps in the bathroom working properly and the shower now playing up sad. The sky suits my mood...

Nelliemoser Sun 23-Feb-14 11:42:46

Very true Lyndysim I have been thinking this all winter. I am in Cheshire and we have escaped the worst of the bad weather. I feel I dare not complain compared with what others have suffered.

Are you new on here if so Welcome?

harrigran Sun 23-Feb-14 12:12:39

Par for the course Tegan, first port of call when things go pear shaped.
When I had the builders in I was 16 weeks without a washing machine and used to drive two hours to Cumbria to do the washing. I never dreamt of asking DIL if I could use hers.

Galen Sun 23-Feb-14 12:59:55

Grey drizzle. Just come back from playing with my lovely new bow and arrows. I've called the bow Myfanwy.
Didn't do very well. Only one gold but plenty of time for us to get acquainted.
Only a short session, as the hall was wanted for,

Cricket?

If he mentions 'le sport' it's not what you thought
It's to watch him play cricket all day!angry

Galen Sun 23-Feb-14 13:04:11

Nfk sorry to hear about the Crohn's disease. It's a nasty thing to have.

Tegan Sun 23-Feb-14 15:05:01

It is; someone I know has it and the constant use of steroids when she was younger has caused problems.