Gransnet forums

Chat

*Soop's kitcheners*

(1000 Posts)
soop Sun 01-Jun-14 14:33:19

Hello yet again to you lovely lot. The Champagne is ready. Do hope that I shall be welcoming you very soon. smile

soop Sun 01-Jun-14 14:35:51

A pile of ironing awaits...wink I shall go and make myself look like a ^proper housewife^: you know the type...wink

Dragonfly1 Sun 01-Jun-14 14:43:27

Dear soop, both Flora and I would be honoured to have her portrait painted by such a talented lady. I have a million photos of her.....

Marelli Sun 01-Jun-14 15:06:23

soop, I've 'bin 'ere', but not always checking on this thread - which, when I do, warms my heart.
While you're popping the cork of the Champagne, maybe you'd all like to wish 'numberplease' a very happy birthday? She's (something)-one today! And I'm sure she won't mind me mentioning it....grin!

Marelli Sun 01-Jun-14 15:07:34

numberplease (meant to put it in 'bold') confused

Grannyknot Sun 01-Jun-14 15:07:42

Teehee, Soop, I thought you were offering a class in Kitchener stitch. I'll just sit quietly in the corner and try to master it smile.

kittylester Sun 01-Jun-14 15:21:03

Who drank all the champers, then? Oh well! Happy birthday number wine

Bellasnana Sun 01-Jun-14 15:30:10

Congratulations on yet another extension soop and I'm honoured you chose to name it after the phrase I coined blush

Happy Birthday numberplease wine

flowersto everyone for all the wonderful support you give smile

Agus Sun 01-Jun-14 15:32:53

Not to worry Kitty. I've brought some extra.

All the best to Soop's kitcheners and to Number, Many Happy Returns. Slainte.

Lona Sun 01-Jun-14 16:08:31

Cheers soop and all us ^Kitcheners*.
It's nice to have somewhere to come when we need some companionship or comfort.

I had a lovely day yesterday with some of my oldest friends, and yet today, I feel quite low and lonely. No sense to it is there?
So, I've cleared out the shed and done some gardening, and christened my new table and chairs! sunshine smile

Happy birthday number, hope you've had some wine and cupcake

Marmight Sun 01-Jun-14 16:30:15

Happy Birthday number hope you are having a lovely day flowerscupcake.
I have just taken my pal Caroline out for lunch - it's her birthday too. I take great delight in reminding her that I am 2 years younger wink.
Arrived home to find my almost dry washing is now a good deal wetter thanks to a very large cloud overhead. So much for my plans to cut the grass.
I am very taken with the Series 3 Kitchen : I will have to visit more often......

Charleygirl Sun 01-Jun-14 16:33:07

It is no time at all since we moved into the last extension. Enjoy the champagne everybody, to be honest, I prefer a cup of coffee.

Happy birthday number wine & flowers

I have had 2 workmen here all day, replacing the ceiling in my front bedroom which was soaked after a roof leak. I am not sure if they wanted their very own project manager on board but no cutting corners here! They are now fitting the insulation, then the ceiling board and tomorrow will return to plaster it. I am insisting that they leave the ceiling a few days to dry and then will return to paint it.

My video entry system has packed up so I will have to find an electrician. Luckily it affects my doorbell not entry and exit. There is little left that has not died, broken down or leaked.

Marelli Sun 01-Jun-14 16:42:19

Your big rain-cloud was visible from my back garden, Marmight. I was sitting down the bottom of the garden watching it come closer, but it didn't rain on us. Not warm enough to sit out today, I'm afraid!

soop Sun 01-Jun-14 16:46:21

Your messages put a huge grin on my silly face. Wow! I'm so happy that you all decided to carry on kitchening. Thank you Bella for the upmarket new title. It's perfect. smile

numberplease Thanks to Marelli I'm wishing you a very happy birthday. I trust that the sun has got his hat on and that you are being suitably pampered by one and all. flowers

kitty dear, the Champagne cannot run dry. Such nonsense is not allowed in this 'ere kitchen. Slainte! Here's to lots of tickly bubbles up your nose and a merry chortle.

Dragonfly I shall message my email address. If you can put a selection of good, clear images of Flora on a jpeg and send to me...well, that would be wonderful. I shall also give you my home address just in case you would prefer to let me borrow the actual prints. Whoopee!

Lona We all have up and down days. When I have a bit of a downer, like you, I make myself busy. You have certainly achieved a lot today. That's most commendable. If I could have, I would have helped you to christen your posh new table and chairs. Having the sun put in an appearance was a bonus. The weather's been a trifle murky here in Kintyre.

Cheers to Agus and Grannyknot...it's good to have your company.

soop Sun 01-Jun-14 16:48:20

Slainte! Marmight and Charleygirl...((hugs))

numberplease Sun 01-Jun-14 16:53:22

Thank you to all for the lovely birthday wishes. But no, I`m not being pampered, still had dinner to cook and pots to wash. Didn`t have wine, just pear cider with dinner, cake later.

Nelliemoser Sun 01-Jun-14 16:57:35

soop Your kitchen really is the most comfortable and comforting place on GN.

Please pour me a glass of champagne! I have been making a fresh batch of strawberry ice cream to go with it.

I've not been in much of late I think I ought to come more as I might feel more relaxed. I am having one of those nothing right with the world times and I cannot really define why.
Sorry to whinge please someone send me a virtual hug quick.

Gagagran Sun 01-Jun-14 16:59:27

I've left a large tray of assorted cakes on the table for anyone who would like to partake. (Just to add to the celebration of opening the new extension).

I think I spied a drop of champagne left too so I may just have a quick slurp then a session on the piano, if that's permissible Soop? Gentle melodies called for and I am in the mood! flowerssunshine

ffinnochio Sun 01-Jun-14 17:13:32

Bouncing in to say 'hi' to all soop's kitcheners.....did someone mention Champagne smile. Empty handed I'm afraid, but had to be part of the new opening celebration! sunshine

dustyangel Sun 01-Jun-14 17:17:42

(((hugs))) for you Nelliem, I get spells like that sometimes. Last one was when I'd just had a lovely day with my daughter, makes no sense really.
Happy birthday numberpleaseflowers How nice to come into soop's kitchen to celebrate your day.

I'm very pleased with myself for sorting out some drawers today. Does anyone know the address of the place you can send old glasses (specs) to? I found four pairs. blush

annodomini Sun 01-Jun-14 17:21:00

Happy birthday number. flowers and cupcake

Agus Sun 01-Jun-14 17:24:29

Here you go Nellie ((((((hugs)))))) x

soop Sun 01-Jun-14 17:52:57

Wowee! We sure do have ourselves a lively wee gathering. Such a delightful way to close my Sunday.

Gaga you always seem to visit at just the right moment. Please feel free to tickle the ivories. Something soothing would be much appreciated.

number You can knock me down with a feather! I was so sure that you were reclining on the chaise and being waited on hand and foot. How come that you are having to cook and wash up? Fair do's...it's not on. This is your special day. Come on, Mr number fling on a pinny and get busy. wink This is where I dash and duck...

Nelliemoser It's been some time since we last welcomed you into the kitchen. Just for you...warm, gentle (((hugs))) and, yes please, I would love a bowl of strawberry ice cream. I bought a punnet of strawberries yesterday. They are very plump and sweet...but they do need a dollop of your ice cream to taste perfect. Please don't stay away. Even when you feel at odds with the world, we need and enjoy your company.

ffinnochio I love it when you bounce into the kitchen. Your lovely smile is the perfect gift.

dustyangel Have you Googled 'Specs for Recycling'? I'm certain that the lenses are still of value. At one time [long ago] I took a batch in to the optician. I no longer have them, so they didn't return home with me.

anno and Agus I'm about to join MacSporran and Rory. It's almost G&T time...ice and a slice of lime. So, to you and ALL our special kitcheners, thank you for your company and I wish you a very peaceful Sunday evening. moon

DebnCreme Sun 01-Jun-14 18:28:56

Congratulations on this lovely extension soop it's always a joy to pop in here. My doctor said I can drink Champagne so please may I have a glass grin mind you, she was joking, she hasn't stopped me from drinking at all. Enjoy yourselves everyone flowers

Lona Sun 01-Jun-14 18:32:44

nellie (((hugs))) and sunshine

This discussion thread has reached a 1000 message limit, and so cannot accept new messages.
Start a new discussion