Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Tuesday

(10 Posts)
Tegan Tue 03-Jun-14 10:29:25

I think once you make the decision to leave it's difficult to summon up enthusiasm for your job and things that you've put up with for a long time suddenly start to irritate even more than before. Why oh why can't companies realise that a happy workforce is a productive workforce sad?

dorsetpennt Tue 03-Jun-14 09:29:16

Hi all - feeling down in the dumps on this cloudy day. The reason being is that I no longer look forward to going to work. This is my 'retirement job' and after a lot of hard work and me persuading people, I managed to get onto the section I wanted. I really enjoy this side [sorry I work as a 'picker' in a supermarket - I pick groceries for internet customers].
I work 2 days a week and did go into work with a happy outlook. However, we are being dragged onto the tills as they are constantly short staffed due to poor management. This includes all sections having to leave their posts to make up the short fall. So everyone is fed-up because being dragged off their sections means shelves aren't being stacked, reductions made and so one. So a once happy atmosphere is an unhappy one.
I have already made the decision that this is my last year but want to get my 10 years done [October] to keep my discount card, which is well worth it. But it's going to be a long 5 months.

i

suebailey1 Tue 03-Jun-14 09:14:36

Good morning - just back from a few days in Thelwall for GS 10th birthday. drizzly here in MM but off to hairdresser so nice relaxing day making some meals for the freezer this afternoon.

Gagagran Tue 03-Jun-14 08:55:21

Morning all! Surprised by the early rain this morning, here in SE Hampshire. It's dried up but there is a heavy cloud layer and it feels humid and oppressive.

Good luck with the dental problem Brenda. I had to have that done at Stoke Manderville Hospital about 8 years ago and it was not nice so brace yourself girl! (Mine involved the gum being cut and stitches and a face like a melon on one side).

I must get some office work done today then prepare for childcare duties Thursday - Sunday when DD and SiL are going to Oporto on a short break.

Happy days everyone. sunshine

Brendawymms Tue 03-Jun-14 08:33:03

Cloudy and damp in East Sussex today. Hospital appointment this afternoon for tooth root the needs the tip removed. They are not doing it today. I think the NHS waiting lists would be much shorter if they just got on and treated rather than successive consultations.

NfkDumpling Tue 03-Jun-14 08:29:37

Cloudy here too. Looks like it rained last night and more forecast.

Just popped on GN for a quick fix after a few days Internet free. Got back yesterday from a family weekend camping and DGS's christening. Lovely! Now a quick turnaround as we're off again tomorrow with the caravan to a small site near Minsmere for a bit of birding.

Looking forward to it - but no Internet again!

Have a lovely week everyone sunshine

PRINTMISS Tue 03-Jun-14 08:27:37

Good morning everyone. We had some rain in the night, desperately needed by the garden, but it is now brightening up, and a fine day is promised. We are having our chassis checked this morning, five year check-up, and we are having a quote for recovering and re-upholstering our suite. Think we sat on every arm chair in the show-room the other day, without finding something we like or were comfortable with, so decided to stick with the old, the trouble is it is really heavy, and difficult to more around on the very odd occasions when I decide to clean underneath! Enjoy your days.

kittylester Tue 03-Jun-14 08:24:12

Good morning all!

It's a bright and sunny start here in North Wales and I think we are going to go on the Ffestiniog Railway today. The children always loved the journey when they were little so it will be interesting to see what we think about it on our own!

Enjoy your days everyone sunshine

Dragonfly1 Tue 03-Jun-14 07:18:15

Morning Mick. Bit cloudy in Staffs but at least it's still dry. My little dog is home from hospital and much better, thank goodness. School run for me today. Have a good day all.

12Michael Tue 03-Jun-14 06:55:40

Good Morning Everyone,

Looking grey but dry here in Brackley today.
Mick