Gransnet forums

Chat

Archers fan

(126 Posts)
sparkygran Tue 17-Jun-14 19:17:14

Has anyone else picked up on tonight`s Archers a possible liaison between Elizabeth and Roy? I was picking up all sorts of signals and worst of all it is being encouraged by Haley!! Ahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa surely not nice Roy

shysal Tue 17-Jun-14 19:28:17

Thanks for the spoiler, Sparky! I wait for the omnibus, but will listen very carefully. It is not a liason I would have ever imagined.

grumppa Tue 17-Jun-14 20:06:21

It's been on the cards for weeks.

Mishap Wed 18-Jun-14 11:09:04

Yes - it was a bit ham-fisted. I think we are just meant to worry about it, but it won't really happen.

Is there a new actor playing Hayley?

Nelliemoser Wed 18-Jun-14 11:46:00

I must be dense! I can see how it might develop though. Then Hayley could get off with a newly returned Tom Archer. Flights of fancy anyone?

Nanabelle Wed 18-Jun-14 12:54:07

Can't really see Lizzie with Roy, but who knows with today's editor/script writers. It seems anything can happen today in ArchEnders. The plots are rather bizarre sometimes, and never really followed up - just moved on to the next story. I still want to know who paid for all the wedding stuff - maybe this is why Peggy got the bus the other day, when she normally uses taxies.

But how could I not listen? Have been checking in every evening for the past 6o odd years!

annodomini Wed 18-Jun-14 13:24:55

Don't forget what happened when Roy and Kate went to a festival... Phoebe was conceived then, that's what!

SloeGinny Wed 18-Jun-14 16:43:26

Agree, Grumppa and Mishap, it's been a ham-fisted 'signpost' for weeks now, I do hope they don't make it happen, it would be so uncharacteristic for both Lizzie and Roy.

ArchEnders is great Nanabelle, no sleaze, drama or doom stone left unturned at the moment grin.

I thought there must be a new Hayley, her attempt at Brummie sounded hysterical!

Lilygran Wed 18-Jun-14 17:17:22

Nanabelle Love 'Archenders'. I suppose actors have to move on but apart from Peggy, Lilian and Ruth (oh, no!) these days I don't know who's talking. But I hardly ever listen now because the plots and sudden total personality change put me off.

chloe1984 Wed 18-Jun-14 17:26:07

I too love the name 'Archenders' have to say getting rather tired of Jennifer's never ending kitchen saga. Have also wondered who paid all the bills for the wedding that never was. Must only be listening with half an ear as didn't pick up on the Lizzie/Roy thing too involved shouting at the radio telling Helen how stupid she is being. Things are going to get very dark for Helen and little Henry who must be 3 going on 50. But all said wouldn't miss an episode for the world.

annodomini Wed 18-Jun-14 18:07:12

The original Hayley was Lucy Davis, Jasper Carrot's daughter who also played Dawn in The Office.

sparkygran Thu 19-Jun-14 10:52:23

Nanabelle just love "Archenders" - yes just who did pay for the wedding that never was but it did get rid of 2 very annoying characters in one fell swoop. Am I right in thinking that Hayley and Tom were a pair years ago?

Iam64 Thu 19-Jun-14 11:08:58

chloe1984, I do hope Helen hears the loud voices of so many people shouting at the radio for her to see sense about the creepy, controlling, undermining Rob. I feel for Pat and Tony, what a stressful time they're having.

Archenders grin

GillT57 Thu 19-Jun-14 11:31:20

I feel for Pat, but Tony is such a miserable git character it is hard to feel sorry for him, it was him that so terribly rebuffed Tom when he opened his heart to him. Agree about Helen and Rob, he is very controlling, but she really annoys me, surely she cant be that stupid? Cant she here us all shouting at her??

suebailey1 Thu 19-Jun-14 12:11:06

I listen to some of The archers as DH is an avid fan - he listens to the omnibus edition on Sunday morning while he does the ironing. I was waiting to enjoy the fall out of Jack's will. I though he left vital village assets like the shop to his horrible daughter who would then sell it to Aldi or some other unspeakable commercial business.
Has Rob given horrible Helen his wife's engagement ring?
Will Pat and tony throw themselves in the slurry? - we can only hope.

annodomini Thu 19-Jun-14 12:17:49

sparky, Hayley was an item with Tom's older brother, John, who was killed when his tractor overturned. sad

chloe1984 Thu 19-Jun-14 17:43:33

Last nights episode left me with a lump in my throat and I can't bear Peggy. Must be getting soft in my old age!

Mishap Thu 19-Jun-14 17:48:27

I thought the whole Peggy's cat thing was very heavy-handed. For the last week she has been conversing with them and they have been miaowing back (very obliging of them) when we haven't heard a cat on the programme for decades. Ah - thought I - one of these cats is going to die!

sparkygran Thu 19-Jun-14 18:23:36

Annodomini thank you I knew it was somebody and of course it was John Mishap you are just so smart I hadn`t thought of that even though I was surprised at the amount of miaowing.

As for you suebailey1 I never thought of Rob and the engagement ring but of course the ex may well have kept it and is as we are speaking trying to flog it online!

sparkygran Thu 19-Jun-14 19:16:45

Don`t do it Roy

Humbertbear Thu 19-Jun-14 22:50:56

Is definitely Rob's wife's engagement ring. He is clearly a nasty piece of work seeking to control Helen. Now he's trying to get her to reduce her hours in the shop so as to be at home more. How will it all end? How long will it take her to realise he is no good. What happened to his divorce? I wonder if he is going to hit her? He's also much too nice to Henry and that is creepy. Perhaps he will lose his temper with him, or worse.

Lilygran Fri 20-Jun-14 17:00:51

Has Rob murdered his wife and buried her under the patio?

GrandmaH Fri 20-Jun-14 17:12:11

I must be a very cynical person but I cannot stand Pat, Tony, Tom or Helen. I think Kirsty had a very lucky escape. I hope she comes back into it soon. Mind you I do prefer the new extra miserable Tony- well done David Troughton - I cheered when he gave Tom few home truths.

I hope horrid Rob soon shows his true colours then Helen can go back to being miserable again- it suits her far better than all this gush
Surely Elizabeth is far too old for Roy ( says the woman married to a man 13 years younger than her!) but I hope they find a nice new character for her soon.
Whatever happened to Usha & the vicar? And Debbie must be due for a visit if the lovely Tamsin Greig can spare the time to record it- please not a new actress.
And please can Fallon hurry up & get off with the policeman.

I confess I am addicted & have been for decades- it is just on at the right time to listen when I am dishing out dinner

dorsetpennt Fri 20-Jun-14 17:39:40

Have listened off and on for years. I find Jennifer's call to her husband 'Braaan' annoying and the fact that she and her sister Lillian have this pretence of being middle class. Their father owned a pub and mother was a bar maid - they both married well, that's all.
The other day we heard Peggy having to go through her 13 year old cat being put down. Having had this with 2 dogs and I have a cat who is nearly 14, I ended up turning off as I was near to tears. Silly cow that I am.
Hayley used to be played by Jasper Carrot's daughter, her name eludes me now, we hardly hear from Hayley these days. Like Usha and Kathy she make rare appearances.

GrandmaH Fri 20-Jun-14 19:19:05

Nooooooooo! Wrong for so many reasons- Elizabeth what are you thinking! It will end in tears!