Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Sunday

(15 Posts)
Atqui Sun 31-Aug-14 13:18:40

Beautiful morning in West Devon, ( on the southern edge of Dartmoor Rubysong, so you should have a lovely walk.)

hildajenniJ Sun 31-Aug-14 11:58:54

Hello everyone. It's a lovely day in Northumberland. I'm just taking a quick break to visit you. I'm in the middle of prepairing the full roast beef and yorkshire dinner as DS is coming for his lunch. Might make a microwave sponge for pudding DH would like that.

rubysong Sun 31-Aug-14 11:54:08

Morning (just). I'm off to Dartmoor to meet up with DS2 and his GF and walk with 15 bull terriers (only one is his!)

sparkygran Sun 31-Aug-14 11:11:59

Sunny at the moment here in N Ireland hope it lasts as our apartment block is having a Summer Party this afternoon to get to know each other - lots of food and music and hopefully great craic

Nytsom Sun 31-Aug-14 10:52:55

Sunny start to Sunday here in South Wales; and the wind has dropped to a mere-puff! Feels a good deal warmer than of late.

Not much doing for me today; I'm still bugged with advanced Spondylitis. Doc has put me on Tranquillizers to help me sleep.

WW, hope DH, makes a full recovery from the Pneumonia. I sympathise with him; having gone through Pneumonia infection in the past.

harrigran Sun 31-Aug-14 10:51:42

Good morning, beautiful day here in the north east. Going to see the GC before school starts on Tuesday. Youngest starts on her actual 5th birthday and she is so excited. We are going to have a family meal at a local restaurant with her Aunt who has flown from Belgium to be with her.

dorsetpennt Sun 31-Aug-14 09:48:21

Dorset awakes to blue sky today. It is the last day of our 4 day Air Show and so far the best one, with our beloved Red Arrows doing a half hour display with some new moves.
I'm off into the lovely Dorset countryside to go blackberry picking so I can make Bramble Jelly.

suebailey1 Sun 31-Aug-14 09:39:45

dot a cod in my node sad

Charleygirl Sun 31-Aug-14 09:17:38

It is a lovely day here in NW London. The sun has been shining for hours. I was considering sitting outside watching my washing dry and noticed that my immediate neighbours have switched on their central heating!
I cannot sit around for long as I am going out for lunch with a friend.

PRINTMISS Sun 31-Aug-14 08:59:33

Good morning all, and glad your DH is at home now whitewave I don't have any advice to give, but hope things go smoothly for you. Had a lovely day out yesterday with friends, visited St. Dunstans at Brighton, and saw some of the lovely work done by people with visual impairment, or blind, makes you think! The day here is bright so far, and I am very late up, so off we jolly well go, and enjoy your days.

Galen Sun 31-Aug-14 08:51:44

sunshine off to archery!

kittylester Sun 31-Aug-14 08:44:52

Good morning all!

It's a lovely bright start in north Leicestershire and DH and I plan to have a pootling and faffing day today!

Glad your DH is home whitewave and I hope he is not giving you too much stress - maybe a visit to soops kitchen would help! brew

whitewave Sun 31-Aug-14 08:17:21

Mild but overcast.

DH is home from hospital armed with 2 lots of antibiotics. The pneumonia is making itself felt and he is very weak.

I am busy trying to give good nursing care. He is up and dressed as I think that is more helpful than laying in bed. Thought probably important to keep him at least semi-prone when he is in bed and lots of fluids, wondered if the occasional deep breath would help? Any other ideas? or tips

NfkDumpling Sun 31-Aug-14 07:01:24

Morning Mick, morning All.

A beautiful morning here today too. I hope it stays that way, we're supposed to be taking our little boat down river for a 'meet' with friends in their slightly bigger boat. I hope it goes well - never been to a 'meet' before.

Have a lovely Sunday Everyone sunshine

12Michael Sun 31-Aug-14 06:53:06

Good Morning Everyone,
Its looking blue sky but clear at the moment in Brackley .
Mick