Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning WEdnesday

(22 Posts)
Brendawymms Wed 03-Sep-14 18:40:25

Not really near jamsidedown but I use A272 quite a bit and live three miles from the eastern end of the A272 so know Peterfield.

jamsidedown Wed 03-Sep-14 18:22:10

Brendawymms, yes it is! Are you nearby?

janerowena Wed 03-Sep-14 16:28:56

rubysong you are right, I did meet someone very nice and she is coming along to our next bookclub meeting.

But also met someone who was very hard work, and who made me feel low until she left early - whereupon I discovered from the friend holding the event that the money is to go to a charity very dear to the depressing lady's heart (not Macmillans) because she is dying of some incurable disease whose name I can't even remember. So felt awful and gave £20 instead of ten.

The upside of the day was that on the way home I called in to see a friend who has just been almost blinded by euphorbia (wasn't that mentioned on here recently?) and she said to haul DS back with me to pick her damsons - so I now have a whole trug of them in my kitchen. Jam and gin to be made tomorrow.

dustyangel Wed 03-Sep-14 13:14:03

Good afternoon all, temperatures are a bit lower here too.

We also have family arriving, tomorrow DD1 and SiL, Sunday lovely GS joins them and then my SiL 's sister and her husband who haven't been here before will come too. We shall have a houseful. I hope I'm feeling more back to normal by then.

I like the name of your coffee morning fund rubysong, I agree that it's important for communities to get together but have to admit that I've felt very much like JaneR in the past.
By the time you've organised the hall booking, a band for dancing and a caterer. Decorated said hall then gone home got cleaned up and dressed up to return to the hall and pay for the tickets for a dinner dance, you certainly think when you are clearing up afterwards that it would be easier just to donate the money.
Not as much fun though. hmm smile

rubysong Wed 03-Sep-14 12:03:24

Jane r I hope you are enjoying the coffee morning. Who knows, you may meet a newcomer who needs to be made welcome or someone who needs cheering up. We did the same on Saturday. I think it's important for communities to get together like this, apart from the fundraising. If people know their neighbours everything works better. As soon as we have raised enough to build a kitchen and a lavatory at church (the tea & tinkle fund), we will start having regular community coffee mornings.

Galen Wed 03-Sep-14 11:09:11

Cloudy. Wales is nowhere to be seen.
Coeee! Are you welsh still alive?

whitewave Wed 03-Sep-14 10:58:54

Glorious day. Had a divine walk on the downs this morning. Saw 10 magpies all pottering around together - what is that? A cleric of magpies?!

janerowena Wed 03-Sep-14 10:54:46

Charity coffee morning for me - when I get around to it. At this rate it will be charity lunch. Get dressed in nice smart clothes, walk up the hill, pay a fiver for a cup of coffee, but some cards I don't want for another fiver, chat to some friends I shall see again the next day anyway and walk back down the hill, get changed back into comfy stretch jeans and wonder why I don't just contribute online.

rubysong Wed 03-Sep-14 10:25:39

Morning all. We've just spent half an hour ripping ivy off the roof of the church shed. (Great fun.). Hairdresser next then a committee meeting here to arrange the harvest supper. I made biscuits for the meeting but am now sending DH to the shop for Hobnobs as mine would have broken their teeth!

Stansgran Wed 03-Sep-14 10:12:22

Overcast to start but a promise of sun later in Durham. DH gone fishing so I will catch up on chores at leisure.

Brendawymms Wed 03-Sep-14 10:10:12

Hi jamsidedown. Is the Petersfield the one on the A272.?

jamsidedown Wed 03-Sep-14 09:55:18

Good morning everyone from a hazy day in Petersfield . Supposed to improve, but already feels a bit muggy. Food shopping (yawn), then yards and yards of skirting boards to prime. Aching shoulders by the end of the day!

littleflo Wed 03-Sep-14 09:40:27

Good morning all from a slightly grey East London. Off to do step-fathers shopping in a mo and then a viisit to him and then to Mum in care home. Most exciting highlight for today is the Sainsbury delivery!!!! What an interesting life I have.

hildajenniJ Wed 03-Sep-14 09:34:12

Good morning everyone. Grey and misty in Northumberland to start with, but I am assured that by lunch time the sun will be shining. Off now to read 41 page document relating to Aspergers in order to better understand DGS1.hmm

annodomini Wed 03-Sep-14 09:33:56

Good morning all. It's a quiet, calm but still overcast morning here. Bellasnana, I feel your excitement. So pleased for you.

Bellasnana Wed 03-Sep-14 08:56:51

A very good morning everyone. It's lovely and sunny here in Malta and, thankfully, the temperature has cooled down a little.

It's a red letter day for us as our DD2 and DGD arrive from the US in about two hours time! They are currently en route from Frankfurt and I'm so excited I think I might burst! It's sad that DH is in hospital having his fourth round of chemo so won't be able to see them arrive at the airport, but he will be happy to know they are here at last.

DGD is three and a half and this is her first trip to visit us smile

Hope you all have a good day sunshine

Grannybug Wed 03-Sep-14 08:56:46

Good morning . It's dull and cloudy here in East Northants . Shame after such a lovely warm and sunny day yesterday . Not posted on this thread before but always read it so thought I'd join in today!

suebailey1 Wed 03-Sep-14 08:48:24

Hallo quiet start to the morning weather wise - no wind so perfect for golf now that I am feeling a bit better - elephant has moved off chest.

Brendawymms Wed 03-Sep-14 08:24:38

Good morning all. Another hot night in East Sussex. Calm with high cloud today.
It's the dental hospital today, I've had three abscesses on one tooth root this year and hope this time they will agree to operate. My dentist gives me antibiotics so that by the time I get an appointment at the dental hospital, usually six weeks later, there is no infection so they refuse to operate.

By the way for those of you who have had treatment for cataracts make sure you get the lens capsule checked. My sight in my right eye has been great since the lens capsule was lasered by YAG.

PRINTMISS Wed 03-Sep-14 08:07:28

Good morning all, everyone is a bit late this morning, aren't they Lona, I had a terrible nights' sleep, so I slept a little later than usual, but up and about now. Chilly sunny morning here, not sure if I should do any more gardening today, ache a bit after yesterday, but with the nice weather the garden appeals, as opposed to the vacuum cleaner. Enjoy your days.

Lona Wed 03-Sep-14 08:02:02

Morning Mick, where is everyone today?
It's dull here but supposed to be a hot sunny afternoon! Lovely!

12Michael Wed 03-Sep-14 07:05:02

Good Morning Everyone,
Its a grey but dry start here in Brackley .
Mick