Gransnet forums

Chat

BBC

(31 Posts)
sunseeker Thu 18-Sep-14 13:56:46

Why has it been necessary for the BBC to send just about everyone to Scotland to cover the referendum? Yes I know its an important step, but surely there are plenty of Scottish presenters who could have done the job. Every time I switch on the TV its always someone who is usually in London "reporting from Scotland". Why go to the expense of transporting and accommodating all these English presenters?

rubysong Fri 19-Sep-14 18:27:49

grumpa and feetle I'm not a fan of Earl Grey either but have recently discovered Lady Grey, with lemon. It's very refreshing. (Sorry everyone, getting a bit off thread now.)

Anniebach Fri 19-Sep-14 18:42:03

What really annoys me is sending a reporter and crew to stand outside buck house if there a royal story

Elegran Fri 19-Sep-14 19:11:47

To stand anywhere with their back to somewhere that "news" is said to have happened and tell us something we could have heard from the studio. No sign of anything interesting going on at all, but they have to be "our man/woman on the spot"

NanKate Fri 19-Sep-14 19:52:19

I love, Earl Grey, Lady Grey, ginger beer, lavender biscuits and a fabulous white wine called Gerwertztraminer. Anything perfumed is for me. Over and out.

merlotgran Fri 19-Sep-14 20:15:04

It was pretty pointless getting Nicholas Witchell to stand outside the gates of Balmoral Castle tonight to deliver the Queen's statement.
He wandered off camera then when they got back to him the link was so bad they had to abandon it.

I won't die of suspense wondering what the Queen thinks but wouldn't it have been easier to get somebody in the studio to read it out?