Gransnet forums

Chat

Homeless Mumsnetters - come this way!

(329 Posts)
GigiGransnet (GNHQ) Fri 10-Oct-14 15:53:22

This thread is for you - and please do take a look around. We don't bite (but we do bake cupcake cupcake) x

TheMillersTale Mon 13-Oct-14 15:07:50

I'm still here- I prefer it smile

jinglbellsfrocks Mon 13-Oct-14 14:38:16

[shrug] Still not scared! grin

CariGransnet (GNHQ) Mon 13-Oct-14 13:29:37

jinglbellsfrocks

Hmm. Jayne's a bit boring. Thingamie is ok. You have to contact HQ and beg. Ask for Cari. She's a soft touch.

<surrounds self with growling guard dogs and adopts fierce growl>

pompa Sun 12-Oct-14 13:50:22

Gone a bit quiet now that the MNers have left. I'll have to think of some contentious subject that will liven the forum up, seem to have exhausted the leggings issue.

FishWithABicycle Sat 11-Oct-14 22:21:46

Just wanted to pop by to say thank you for having us. I think I spend too much time on MN anyway so am unlikely to add being a GN regular to the mix, but it was very kind of you all to be so welcoming. Maybe I'll be back in 25 years or so (as my eldest is 5 I expect it will be that long before I qualify!) but until then, or next MN downtime, cheerio!

BlackeyedSusan Sat 11-Oct-14 22:13:11

I find on MN, that if people are rude, they get told to wind their neck in and posts are reported. It is rare for personal comments to be left undeleted.

BlackeyedSusan Sat 11-Oct-14 22:07:49

Good night, Shiongmaoniao.

BlackeyedSusan Sat 11-Oct-14 22:05:55

Nah Nellie, you were spring chickens wink my mum and I can add another twelve years to that combination. Between the birth of my grandmother and the birth of my first child are (takes off socks to count..) 108 years.

Shiongmaoniao Sat 11-Oct-14 22:00:15

Right im retiring for the night (kids never sleep through the night)
ill be back tomo
have a great night

Nelliemoser Sat 11-Oct-14 21:57:52

Ceiling my DD had baby no 1 when she was 33. I had baby no 1 when I was 29. That was late for my Generation. You run out of grand parents fast like that.

Chippingin Interesting! I think we do live life at a calmer pace over here.
I have lurked on MN occasionally.

It might well be that those on MN who are 30 something's have spent much more of their lives in the internet age than we have. Living more "public" lives in social Media does not come so easily to us.

However there is a lot of fun and silliness on GN and generally we are very supportive. I did find MN at times unnecessarily confrontational. (rude) There is a core group of Gn addicts here who a have been regular posters in the nearly three years I have been a member. maybe being a much smaller group we get to know individuals better.

I certainly don't intend to even join MN I can waste quite enough time on GN as it is. I hope you refugees come back to see us. you might want to join us one day.

Shiongmaoniao Sat 11-Oct-14 21:57:02

Well ive started a soap thread if i have no replies now ill cry
I must admit i love a good soap thread mainly to discuss how un real it is and b***h about it and swoon over Danny Dyer so would be very happy for it to take off
Have really enjoyed being over here and you guys are very welcoming
wine

BlackeyedSusan Sat 11-Oct-14 21:54:01

I like your current name Shiongmaoniao. No need to give in to peer pressure or those who cba to type it out properly

Shiongmaoniao Sat 11-Oct-14 21:40:57

no that was on purpose im from the midlands but i embrace and over use all accents cos i like to confuse

jinglbellsfrocks Sat 11-Oct-14 21:30:17

Oh. I thought that was her predictive text!

Ana Sat 11-Oct-14 21:28:38

Not by the name, but by "right im off t'telly sub forum for a bit".

jinglbellsfrocks Sat 11-Oct-14 21:27:06

How can you tell from that name? confused

jinglbellsfrocks Sat 11-Oct-14 21:26:15

Didn't say there was Madam. hmm I'm half Northern actually.

Ana Sat 11-Oct-14 21:25:55

(I think thingamie may be a Northern lass too grin)

Ana Sat 11-Oct-14 21:24:42

Nowt wrong with that, jingl!

Shiongmaoniao Sat 11-Oct-14 21:24:39

ok ill go with Thingamie (bloody peer pressure) but feel free to call me owt u want due to my real name im used to it
ill ask for name chnge but till then ill be shio
right im off t'telly sub forum for a bit

jinglbellsfrocks Sat 11-Oct-14 21:22:40

(that Ana is a Northern lass hmm)

Ana Sat 11-Oct-14 21:20:49

My comment about documentaries etc. was tongue-in-cheek, Shionmetc.! I would certainly welcome a soap thread but don't watch Eastenders.

jinglbellsfrocks Sat 11-Oct-14 21:20:46

Hmm. Jayne's a bit boring. Thingamie is ok. You have to contact HQ and beg. Ask for Cari. She's a soft touch.

Shiongmaoniao Sat 11-Oct-14 21:17:01

ok how do i changemy name ?? ill stick with a thme and go with Jayne any better?

jinglbellsfrocks Sat 11-Oct-14 21:16:30

Scared of me?! I can't imagine why. hmm

Don't do Emmerdale but up for enders

See you Monday then.