Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Thursday

(22 Posts)
12Michael Thu 06-Nov-14 06:06:36

Good Morning Everyone,
Its still dark here in Brackley early start off to Shrewsbury later .
Mick

Liz46 Thu 06-Nov-14 06:12:33

I woke up because I was so cold and the cold air made me cough. OH likes the window open and it is freezing. I'll be in the spare room tonight with the window firmly closed. Hot cuppa now to warm me up.

NanKate Thu 06-Nov-14 06:28:05

Morning Mick and All.

A hot cuppa for me too - always starts off the day well.

thatbags Thu 06-Nov-14 06:59:19

Sky clouded over last night so temp didn't fall as much as it had the night before. Still blanket cloud this morning. I think rain and wind are forecast.
I woke cold in the night too. I put a jumper on over my PJs and went back to sleep, window still open a crack otherwise I wake with a headache.

Grannyknot Thu 06-Nov-14 07:05:56

Morning everyone. We have a light sprinkling of frost in SW London. Brrr. I'm toastie under the duvet and got nowhere to go, so Kindle bookshop, here I come grin

Gagagran Thu 06-Nov-14 07:13:52

Morning all. A cold night and a clear sky this morning. I think it might have been frosty. We shall see shortly as it's the highlight of the week (not) - the supermarket trip. I like to go early when it's quieter and get it done with.

Happy days everyone. sunshine

NfkDumpling Thu 06-Nov-14 07:24:06

A cold clear morning here. DH is up with the lark again and looking energetic - so things to do, people to see - don't know what yet but it's looking a lovely day! sunshine

Sewsilver Thu 06-Nov-14 07:24:23

Morning All, a most amazing and beautiful sunset across the hills this morning. I should be getting up to go and choose bathroom suites but I don't want to miss the spectacle unfolding outside. It's very cold, or at least the part of my nose peeking from the duvet is.

FlicketyB Thu 06-Nov-14 07:36:29

Temperature gauge said 0 degrees when I got up. It is great to know that the cold weather has arrived at last. Just about to go out for my morning walk cosily wrapped up in a fleece lined anorak, hat and gloves.

pompa Thu 06-Nov-14 07:43:36

Bloody cold here, why do we have to have winter ? (don't answer that, I know it is essential)
I think my friends have the right idea, they are heading for India soon until spring.
Grumble - grumble - grumble

Brendawymms Thu 06-Nov-14 07:57:40

Good morning all. Frosty last night in East Sussex. The central heating boiler is working overtime. It's a lovely day outside now not a cloud in the sky and no wind. mungo, our dog, goes for his last hair cut until spring today. He will need his jumper.

PRINTMISS Thu 06-Nov-14 07:57:58

Good morning all from a very cold south coast. It is bright, but there is frost on the rooftops, and the temperature gauge on the computer says -2! Not a lot to do today, so will catch up with the washing and ironing, wha a gay day! Enjoy your days.

baubles Thu 06-Nov-14 08:04:34

'Morning all. After the most glorious day yesterday we are back to wind & rain. My least favourite weather. Ho hum.

Lona Thu 06-Nov-14 08:07:29

Good morning everyone, it's not too bad here, not as cold as yesterday, but rain is forecast for the afternoon.
Out to lunch later with some friends that I haven't seen for a while, so lots of gossip!

Have a good day sunshine

daffydil Thu 06-Nov-14 08:48:01

Good morning all. Lovely sunshine here and very little cloud. Pretty cold though with a bit of frost on car roofs first thing. Looks as though we might be in for a good day

Nelliemoser Thu 06-Nov-14 08:48:56

Good morning from a few miles south of Lona. It's breezy here with no sign of frost and rain forecast.

Nelliemoser Thu 06-Nov-14 08:50:16

Sewsilver sunrise perhaps? wink

Grannybug Thu 06-Nov-14 09:02:13

Good morning all. It's a frosty sunny morning here in East Northants and quite lovely although chilly. Having a cuppa and enjoying watching the birds in the garden as the first taste of winter bites.

Teetime Thu 06-Nov-14 09:03:59

Morning all bright and sunny here in MM- Fairtrade Shop day today - hopefully lots of shoppers will pass the time.

nannotgran Thu 06-Nov-14 09:45:24

Blue skies bright sunshine cold and frosty lovely autumn morning

merlotgran Thu 06-Nov-14 10:29:09

Sunny, cold, crisp - a good day for shopping.

I hate food shopping sad

FarNorth Thu 06-Nov-14 15:07:58

Just thought I'd bump this one up as Good Morning Monday seems to be staging a takeover bid. shock

Lots of wind & rain here - great day to be in by the fire.