Gransnet forums

Chat

Healthy diet

(81 Posts)
jinglbellsfrocks Fri 23-Jan-15 10:39:54

Keep the fat lowish (and I still try to stick to 'healthy' fats. Sod the latest "research")

Keep the sugar intake low (ish). Most of the time.

Try to remember to swallow a calcium tablet ever day. (Not often successful in the remembering)

What else do they want? Blood? hmm

jinglbellsfrocks Fri 23-Jan-15 10:34:46

soontobe you don 't really get your health tips from the bible, do you? grin That's going it a bit.

vampirequeen Fri 23-Jan-15 10:30:39

Porridge every morning sets me up for the day.

soontobe Fri 23-Jan-15 10:28:52

milk - stops leg cramps
eggs - stops my nails from splitting
greens - helps keep my mental health fine
oily fish - keeps my joints oiled
wine - small amount [for sake of stomach and other ailments says the bible]
almonds - I used to have a health book, and little things that I had wrong all seemd to be able to be improved with almonds, so they are part of my diet now

KatyK Fri 23-Jan-15 10:14:27

I've always tried to eat healthily. When I was working I had a really healthy diet and was more active. Since retirement it has gone to pot a bit. It's too easy at home to reach for the biscuits when I have a cuppa. When I was at work I rarely ate a biscuit or a cake in the daytime. I would take a salad to work for lunch and then have fruit and a yoghurt. I had a routine and would prepare my salad the night before. Now I tend to make a sandwich. I do still try. I avoid fried food and fat, chips etc. Fortunately I can live without cakes and chocolate but have become a bit of a friend of the biscuit tin.

kittylester Fri 23-Jan-15 10:06:59

In view of all the changing advice we are given, are there things you feel you must (or indeed must NOT) eat to help keep you healthy?