Gransnet forums

Chat

Acts of love

(27 Posts)
Grannyknot Sat 24-Jan-15 09:07:21

I'm the lucky recipient of small, but concrete expressions of love: husband covering me with an extra blanket when he rises early so I can sleep on cosily; my son waiting for me at the station with my baby grandson in the buggy when I arrive for a visit. Both their faces carrying equally expectant expressions smile

And you?

Anya Sat 24-Jan-15 09:27:14

It is the little things isn't it? Yesterday was my birthday and my two GSs stayed over the night before. They came into our bedroom at about 6.00am, sang Happy Birthday and elder presented me with a card he'd made. The 4-year old obviously felt he had come empty handed so he fetched his hot water bottle (cold from the night before) and (whispering) asked his grandad to fill it.

He then presented me with a warm hot water bottle and a big smile sunshine

Grannyknot Sat 24-Jan-15 09:35:25

Adorable! Yes, it's the little things.

gillybob Sat 24-Jan-15 09:44:39

How absolutely lovely Anya and Happy Birthday for yesterday. flowers

Yes you're right Grannyknot it is those little things that make you feel so very loved. DH brings me a cup of tea in bed every morning. Sometimes ridiculously early if he has an early start but I shouldn't complain. DGC love making cards and can make a card for almost any occasion. I have a box full of them. Happy Tuesday Grandma is one of my particular favorites. smile

KatyK Sat 24-Jan-15 10:15:14

My DH and myself taking our 14 year old granddaughter shopping to buy a gift for her friend. She got DH to distract me and when we got home she presented me with a necklace too. smile

ninathenana Sat 24-Jan-15 10:17:16

DH never leaves the house without giving me a kiss. Whether he's going to the paper shop or just to spend an hour or two in his workshop in the garden.
I confess to getting a little annoyed sometimes if I have to stop what I'm doing but I love it really.
DGS's charge in the back door, run and hug me shouting "nannie!" as if they haven't seen me for months. Bliss !

ninathenana Sat 24-Jan-15 10:18:26

Oh KatyK how lovely, lucky you.

KatyK Sat 24-Jan-15 10:21:02

I know! I meant to say there was a little verse inside the box which reads:

Grandma
You held my tiny hand when I was little
and I hold you in my heart forever.

Ok off to blubb now.

ninathenana Sat 24-Jan-15 10:30:05

I'll blub with you smile

glammanana Sat 24-Jan-15 10:41:04

Now we are all blubbering it is so sweet.smile
Mr.G can hear me put my tea cup on the stainless steel sink drainer and always shouts "do you need a top up sweetheart" he is so thoughtful.

vampirequeen Sat 24-Jan-15 10:57:11

If I wake up during the night DH's arm is always wrapped around me.

He always holds my hand when we're out.

DH has trouble keeping warm so if the bed is cold I'll go up whilst he secures the house and lay on his side of the bed to warm it up.

jinglbellsfrocks Sat 24-Jan-15 11:12:26

Oh shoot. I can't think of any they do for me. shock (I know they love me though)

jinglbellsfrocks Sat 24-Jan-15 11:13:28

DH cleaned the sink this morning. Does that count? (I did tell him to last night)

vampirequeen Sat 24-Jan-15 11:14:14

Cleaning def counts lol.

jinglbellsfrocks Sat 24-Jan-15 11:14:31

Happy birthday for yesterday Anya. flowers

jinglbellsfrocks Sat 24-Jan-15 11:15:11

Ah. Good! smile

hildajenniJ Sat 24-Jan-15 11:38:33

Many years ago, when DD had just gone off to her first Brownie camp, and DH was working late I made bacon, new potatoes and peas for tea for my DS and I. He ate everything up and went off to play. He must have been about 6yrs. He came back with a piece of paper he'd carefully folded. When I opened it, inside he'd written, "Dear Mum, What a lovely supper". I kept it for years!!smile

chloe1984 Sat 24-Jan-15 11:46:46

On cold and frosty mornings when I was working my DH used to scrape the ice from my car windscreen and ensure the heater was on so I was cosy. Now we only have the one car never a problem 'cos he always drives........

jinglbellsfrocks Sat 24-Jan-15 12:20:14

DD has just rung for the third time this to make sure I am alright before she goes out for the day. She knows I've got a bit of a bug going on. I guess that's love. smile

Tegan Sat 24-Jan-15 13:00:29

Nope; keep racking my brain but, nope.none that I can think of....

nightowl Sat 24-Jan-15 13:08:40

Don't let it get to you Tegan. I'm steering clear of this thread smile

jinglbellsfrocks Sat 24-Jan-15 13:23:45

Oh Babe! sad I bet there are some.

loopylou Sat 24-Jan-15 13:24:09

Absolutely zilch comes to mind.........
I'll join you Nightowl and Tegan!

jinglbellsfrocks Sat 24-Jan-15 13:24:36

(that was to Tegan) Tegan - think back to when they were little.

jinglbellsfrocks Sat 24-Jan-15 13:26:09

I think I've got a little note somewhere, from when one of them was little. But it might have been addressed to their Dad. grin