Gransnet forums

Chat

Katie Price and state benefits

(36 Posts)
Katek Thu 29-Jan-15 09:49:35

Lots of agitation over on FB re Katie Price receiving benefits for her disabled son, Harvey. The majority seem to support her. Thoughts??

seasider Sat 31-Jan-15 23:14:55

Katie Price will be a higher rate tax payer and she employs people to help run her businesses . In the area I live there are many who see benefits as a way of life and have never paid any tax . They will claim anything and everything they can. The media interest in this story will highlight the plight of other children like Harvey.

Jaxie Sun 01-Feb-15 07:40:01

Grans, You are lovely. I have a tendency to resent rich people, as I had a very difficult childhood being brought up by a disabled single mother in poverty, patronised by middle class teachers in the girls' grammar school I was fortunate enough to attend, and never accepted by the middle class pupils there. When I read of Katie Price's accepting state benefit for her son I was dead against her. But reading this thread has changed my mind. Katie appears to be a tiger mother for he son, and for this I salute her, and you sympathetic grans out there.

Anya Sun 01-Feb-15 08:09:54

Why is Katie Price the one getting all the flack? Delight York is worth millions, where is his contribution?

rosequartz Sun 01-Feb-15 10:22:15

Precisely anya.
The wefare bill for the taxpayer would be much lower if feckless fathers contributed to the costs of bringing up children they abandon.

GillT57 Sun 01-Feb-15 14:41:58

Rose and Anya my point exactly. Why pick on the mother? Where is the overpaid footballer that fathered him? Not interested after getting the kudos of sleeping with Katie Price ( Jordan as she was then) I expect.

angiebaby Sun 01-Feb-15 19:30:11

i saw celeb big brother when katie price, a glamour model page three girl ....said that the goverment pays for a taxi to take harvey her son to school,,,katie hopkins said ...why dont you take your son yourself,,, katie price said,,,,DO YOU KNOW HOW MUCH IT WOULD COST ME,,,,,,,,a thousand pounds a week. katie hopkins said,,well you can afford it...whay are you taking goverment money when its in such a state,,,,,,,,,katie price didnt say too much after that, if i was megga rich like katie price i wouldnt even think of claiming peanuts from the goverment, even if i was entitled to it,. i would start a special needs school nearby if i needed it.....sorry i am on katie hopkins side,,,,and quite right,,,get hold of harveys farther..might i add, i was a single mum 2 children,,,i never asked anyone for anything, i didnt even apply for free school meals that i was entitled to,

angiebaby Sun 01-Feb-15 19:31:54

dont send any hate mail i dont need it,,,,,,,,,,,,im just voicing my opinion,,,thanks,

annsixty Sun 01-Feb-15 20:19:16

I find you very judgemental angiebaby and obviously able to cope financially with your situation. Others are not so fortunate and I cannot critisise them for claiming what they are entitled to by current rules. In my childhood if my mother hadn't claimed free school meals for me I may not have had lunch those days. I do not often refer to my childhood but in this instance I "am coming out".

rosequartz Sun 01-Feb-15 23:10:53

I am puzzled as to why anyone would deprive their children of a school meal to which they were entitled?

rosequartz Sun 01-Feb-15 23:13:42

By the way, that is not 'hate mail' (why would you expect 'hate mail' for expressing an opinion?) confused

Just curiosity.