Gransnet forums

Chat

mothers day

(35 Posts)
campodol Sun 15-Mar-15 09:23:30

HAPPY MOTHERS DAY...to all ladies without children or like me with children abroad and their mothers day is different hope we all have a good day flowersxx

grannyactivist Sun 15-Mar-15 23:18:05

Woken this morning by lovely surprise Skype call from my NZ daughter. Son and girlfriend arrived 30 minutes later, quickly followed by daughter and grandsons, then older son and wife, and finally my parents in law. We had a lovely walk along the river to the seafront then back home for lunch; shopped for, prepared and served by my Wonderful Man. I had some exceptional gifts (my daughter chose me something quite special), thoughtful cards (yes, I like 'Mothering Sunday' too and a couple of the children remembered!) and best of all - lots of hugs and kisses from my great big children. Even my 'children of the heart' made a special effort to text, call or write. Altogether a lovely day. smile

Ana Sun 15-Mar-15 22:48:08

jingl! smile moon

jinglbellsfrocks Sun 15-Mar-15 22:46:29

Went to DD's house as her car is in dock so she couldn't come here as arranged. The cake I baked and took there was delicious. The puddings I took were very nice. She liked the flowers I gave her. Older GS was feeling rough with a cold so spent most of the day in bed. Younger GS usual shitty little self grumpy nine year old teenager. hmm

Had cards. And some pressies. Day was ok.

moon Thank the Lord.

Anya Sun 15-Mar-15 22:33:40

A lovely day too, with DS and family and DD and family. Ate too much, but new diet regime starts tomorrow so who cares? smile

hildajenniJ Sun 15-Mar-15 22:18:10

Card from DS wishes "happy mother's day to a FABULOUS MUM". The picture shows a Fab ice lolly with her handbag and shopping. I was very amused. We watched the Grand Prix highlights on TV and had a lively relaxing afternoon. All in all, a lovely day.

suzied Sun 15-Mar-15 21:57:44

I didn't expect anything, but DS and gf spent the afternoon in our kitchen making a gourmet vegetarian meal, DD and other DS and partners and DGC arrived , so had a lovely time! Message from other DD on fb which made me laugh. So,had a great day.

Katek Sun 15-Mar-15 21:48:23

I had lovely weekend-day with DS,DIL and two very cute DGS yesterday, lunch with both dd's today and some lovely gifts. I am a very happy lady. smile

jenn Sun 15-Mar-15 20:46:20

My son lives in Poland and I was delighted to get a phone call wishing me happy Mother's Day especially as he was in Amsterdam for the weekend!!

Mishap Sun 15-Mar-15 19:02:50

Happy day to everyone, wherever your children are. flowers

I have been very blessed today with a visit from the local DDs and GC (with a ready meal for the oven and a crumble for pud). And my DD up north found the most wonderful book for me - she has a real talent for finding books that I will love. This one is the autobiography of Kaffe Fassett and is a riot of colour and a treat for the eye.

janerowena Sun 15-Mar-15 18:54:07

Tell your daughters to use moonpig.com, then, they can write it on themselves.

MiL tried to make me do the same, she had no idea what a palaver she was putting me through, they simply don't exist in my little local shops. She had to like it or lump it until I discovered Moonpig.

apricot Sun 15-Mar-15 18:45:59

My daughters have to find cards saying MOTHERING SUNDAY. Mother's Day is American.

KatyK Sun 15-Mar-15 18:12:30

My granddaughter (she is 14) gave me a card with 'Happy Mother's Day' on the front Inside she had written 'I know you are not my mother, but I think of you as my second mother'. Goodness me, what a girl! smile

rubylady Sun 15-Mar-15 17:25:03

Happy Mother's Day to all. cupcakeflowersbrew

My Darling Doggie is lying on her back twitching asleep and my Darling Budgies are in their cage, one preening, one sleeping. I thank them all for my Home magazine, French Fancies, trifle and egg mayonnaise for tea. Lovely. smile

Coolgran65 Sun 15-Mar-15 16:50:18

ninathenana This is perhaps very clearly showing what being a mother is about.... being there... and your DD knowing that she could depend on you. Enjoy your DGC..... flowers

ninathenana Sun 15-Mar-15 16:48:22

"Potted" plant, nothing to do with Harry grin

ninathenana Sun 15-Mar-15 16:46:05

The day has been slightly spoilt by the fact DD partner was taken to A&E Thursday evening so lunch was cancelled.
I did get a present and card from DS and DD brought a potter plant from the DGC and a present from her and partner, when she kindly deposited the DGC with me so she could go and visit her partner grin

Coolgran65 Sun 15-Mar-15 16:10:10

I am feeling very blessed.
One DS in USA sent flowers 4 days ago...
Other DSS in England send a lovely potted-up planter which arrived this afternoon.
The two local DSSs and their wives, who live locally are taking DH and I out to dinner to the local 'posh' chinese restaurant including DGC. (One of the DSS local is pulled to heel and 'made to think' by the other !!)

My best wishes to all mums and grannies, near and far,
In my now distant past I was not so fortunate (nothing to do with my son) and I appreciate fully every kindness on whenever it may be.

Gransnet rocks !!

hildajenniJ Sun 15-Mar-15 16:05:31

DS came for lunch bearing a card and bo x of chocolates. DD in Scotland phoned twice. Second time for advice on steaming vegetables!!

cazthebookworm Sun 15-Mar-15 15:45:02

Two texts and a phone call, so pretty happy about that. I'm loving the cheerful and positive thread from some happy GN's. smile

rockgran Sun 15-Mar-15 14:48:26

Merlotgran - I think the Falklands is quite warm at the moment. I don't usually envy them their weather but I do just now!

KatyK Sun 15-Mar-15 13:02:23

DD and DGD arrived with a large bouquet and some gifts. Lovely smile

tiggypiro Sun 15-Mar-15 12:32:13

Nothing at all from my two (Spain and China) but I don't get bothered about it. However the day started with an invitation for coffee and cake from one neighbour, followed by a lunch invite from a friend and then an afternoon tea invite from the other neighbours. All in the space of an hour !! All I need now is supper (I jest !!)
People are so nice ! Happy Mother's day to you all and may you be as blessed as me.

harrigran Sun 15-Mar-15 12:17:11

My DD lives in Belgium but is in Germany at present, bouquet arrived yesterday smile

merlotgran Sun 15-Mar-15 11:06:23

My SIL is in the Falklands at the moment, rockgran - HMS Clyde. He's sending home some spectacular photos including an iceberg!

Happy Mother's Day everyone wine smile

AlieOxon Sun 15-Mar-15 11:05:13

Happy Mothers Day to all from me too. flowers
I am going to my daughters for lunch.