Gransnet forums

Chat

mothers day

(34 Posts)
campodol Sun 15-Mar-15 09:23:30

HAPPY MOTHERS DAY...to all ladies without children or like me with children abroad and their mothers day is different hope we all have a good day flowersxx

NotTooOld Sun 15-Mar-15 09:31:49

Happy Mother's Day to you, too, campodol. From your name I am guessing you are in Spain? If I am right, enjoy the sun today. It is grey and cloudy in my part of England.

soontobe Sun 15-Mar-15 09:32:52

I hope everyone does too. Nice thread. flowers

cazthebookworm Sun 15-Mar-15 09:40:16

Happy Mothers Day from me, one son in Oz and the other in Vietnam. I am hoping for a phone call later!! flowers

campodol Sun 15-Mar-15 09:41:39

back after 20 years NotToOld and loving it

TriciaF Sun 15-Mar-15 09:52:42

Happy Mothers Day to all from me too.
I didn't realise that it was today until eldest daughter rang earlier, bless her!
Like Caz, the others are far away, India and Kuwait. Hoping to hear from them too, but sons are more forgetful.

rockgran Sun 15-Mar-15 10:04:31

....and from me. Son and family in The Falklands but I received a lovely card and chocs yesterday. It means even more when they are so far away. Thinking of all you long distance grannies and of course those without children or grandchildren. cupcake

Teetime Sun 15-Mar-15 10:24:23

Happy Mothers Day to all- I hope you enjoy your day in the way you like best. I'm not seeing either of my girls or stepson today but I received lovely flowers , chocs and cards and Fizzy from DH. I bought some special treats from M & S for dinner as the restaurants are all crowded and noisy and we shall watch James Bond on TV this afternoon and Poldark this evening - Bliss!! smile

KatyK Sun 15-Mar-15 10:29:55

Happy Mothers Day. flowers for all who can't see their loved ones today. Just waiting for my lot to arrive. smile

AlieOxon Sun 15-Mar-15 11:05:13

Happy Mothers Day to all from me too. flowers
I am going to my daughters for lunch.

merlotgran Sun 15-Mar-15 11:06:23

My SIL is in the Falklands at the moment, rockgran - HMS Clyde. He's sending home some spectacular photos including an iceberg!

Happy Mother's Day everyone wine smile

harrigran Sun 15-Mar-15 12:17:11

My DD lives in Belgium but is in Germany at present, bouquet arrived yesterday smile

tiggypiro Sun 15-Mar-15 12:32:13

Nothing at all from my two (Spain and China) but I don't get bothered about it. However the day started with an invitation for coffee and cake from one neighbour, followed by a lunch invite from a friend and then an afternoon tea invite from the other neighbours. All in the space of an hour !! All I need now is supper (I jest !!)
People are so nice ! Happy Mother's day to you all and may you be as blessed as me.

KatyK Sun 15-Mar-15 13:02:23

DD and DGD arrived with a large bouquet and some gifts. Lovely smile

rockgran Sun 15-Mar-15 14:48:26

Merlotgran - I think the Falklands is quite warm at the moment. I don't usually envy them their weather but I do just now!

cazthebookworm Sun 15-Mar-15 15:45:02

Two texts and a phone call, so pretty happy about that. I'm loving the cheerful and positive thread from some happy GN's. smile

hildajenniJ Sun 15-Mar-15 16:05:31

DS came for lunch bearing a card and bo x of chocolates. DD in Scotland phoned twice. Second time for advice on steaming vegetables!!

Coolgran65 Sun 15-Mar-15 16:10:10

I am feeling very blessed.
One DS in USA sent flowers 4 days ago...
Other DSS in England send a lovely potted-up planter which arrived this afternoon.
The two local DSSs and their wives, who live locally are taking DH and I out to dinner to the local 'posh' chinese restaurant including DGC. (One of the DSS local is pulled to heel and 'made to think' by the other !!)

My best wishes to all mums and grannies, near and far,
In my now distant past I was not so fortunate (nothing to do with my son) and I appreciate fully every kindness on whenever it may be.

Gransnet rocks !!

ninathenana Sun 15-Mar-15 16:46:05

The day has been slightly spoilt by the fact DD partner was taken to A&E Thursday evening so lunch was cancelled.
I did get a present and card from DS and DD brought a potter plant from the DGC and a present from her and partner, when she kindly deposited the DGC with me so she could go and visit her partner grin

ninathenana Sun 15-Mar-15 16:48:22

"Potted" plant, nothing to do with Harry grin

Coolgran65 Sun 15-Mar-15 16:50:18

ninathenana This is perhaps very clearly showing what being a mother is about.... being there... and your DD knowing that she could depend on you. Enjoy your DGC..... flowers

rubylady Sun 15-Mar-15 17:25:03

Happy Mother's Day to all. cupcakeflowersbrew

My Darling Doggie is lying on her back twitching asleep and my Darling Budgies are in their cage, one preening, one sleeping. I thank them all for my Home magazine, French Fancies, trifle and egg mayonnaise for tea. Lovely. smile

KatyK Sun 15-Mar-15 18:12:30

My granddaughter (she is 14) gave me a card with 'Happy Mother's Day' on the front Inside she had written 'I know you are not my mother, but I think of you as my second mother'. Goodness me, what a girl! smile

apricot Sun 15-Mar-15 18:45:59

My daughters have to find cards saying MOTHERING SUNDAY. Mother's Day is American.

janerowena Sun 15-Mar-15 18:54:07

Tell your daughters to use moonpig.com, then, they can write it on themselves.

MiL tried to make me do the same, she had no idea what a palaver she was putting me through, they simply don't exist in my little local shops. She had to like it or lump it until I discovered Moonpig.