Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Thursday

(21 Posts)
12Michael Thu 14-May-15 07:08:42

Good Morning Everyone,
Its grey this morning here in Brackley , with wind as well.
Mick

loopylou Thu 14-May-15 07:12:22

Good morning, grey and decidedly cool here. Rain imminent I fear.
DH reading paper and says we're in for a cool wet summer because of El Niño..... Just hope he's wrong for once !

kittylester Thu 14-May-15 07:19:39

Good morning!

It is bright but cloudy in North Leicestershire at the moment. Sainsbury's this morning with DGD3 this morning and then a sit down, I think, as I am still a bit 'iffy'!

Enjoy your days everyone! sunshine

Sheena Thu 14-May-15 07:28:05

At 7 a.m. the rain started here in Surrey, and looks like it's set for the day according to the forecast ... but still, it'll do our gardens good won't it?

Anne58 Thu 14-May-15 07:35:43

Horrible weather here in North Devon! Pouring with rain and very windy!

Seems hard to believe that yesterday was warm and sunny.

PRINTMISS Thu 14-May-15 07:46:56

Good morning to you all, I thought it would be pouring with rain by now, according to the forecast, but just light drizzle. I hope we have the Devon rain phoenix because the clay soil in the garden is like concrete, and the plants in desperate need of a good drink. Not a lot planned for today, so might tackle the ironing, been saying that for the last two days. Enjoy your days.

Brendawymms Thu 14-May-15 07:53:51

Good morning everyone.
Rain has not yet reached East Sussex but it's very grey. Builders have now turned up for four days running. A bit of a record.
My friend and her husband have been stuck in Sharm Al sheikh for the last four weeks since he had a brain haemorrhage there. His treatment has been first class in the hospital but they hope to hear today that he is well enough to come home. Fingers crossed.

hildajenniJ Thu 14-May-15 08:21:50

Good morning everyone.
It is overcast but fairly bright in this corner of Northumberland. DS is coming for lunch this afternoon. I'll have to find something to do with plums for dessert. Can't do a pie as my DH is not allowed pastry. I'll have a look in the recipe books.
Have a good day, whatever the weather.

Pittcity Thu 14-May-15 08:29:06

Overcast and breezy here with the sun peeping through at times. Rain forecast for later, but I think we're on the edge of it.

nannotgran Thu 14-May-15 08:41:08

Not so good in north essex this morning very cloudy and chilly just in from walking the dog . Tescos this morning oh what joy have a nice day whatever the weather

ninathenana Thu 14-May-15 09:02:08

Morning all.

The rain hasn't reached N Kent yet. So far it's dull, cool and quiet breezy.

I'm taking DGS to pre school at 12.30. It's sure to be raining then.

daffydil Thu 14-May-15 09:11:43

Morning everyone.
The rain hasn't reached mid Essex yet but it is looking ominous. A little local shopping for me today but not much else planned.

Dotsmam Thu 14-May-15 09:25:46

Morning folks. Topper of a morning here in Caithness. Blue sky, birds singing the lot. Lazy morning then into town to meet oldest daughter and granddaughter for lunch and a bit of shopping. I love days off!

annodomini Thu 14-May-15 09:32:52

Bright and very breezy here in NE Cheshire. The big birches beyond my garden are thrashing furiously in what seems to be a south-westerly. Pollen is spreading everywhere. Cough, sneeze, snuffle....

dustyangel Thu 14-May-15 17:02:04

Good afternoon everyone. It has been lovely weather the last three days, well lovely if you have nothing to do and like the heat. Unfortunately we have had to be out and about. The amount of pleasure we got from stopping off in Lidl's cool air conditioned store on the way home was ridiculous. grin

The temperature here reached 36.5C yesterday and it will be about the same today. sunshine

loopylou Thu 14-May-15 17:04:24

What a horrible day here, just got back from doing shopping for a housebound elderly lady and am soaked through to the skin just getting from car to supermarket and back again. Hope water's hot enough for a long bubble bath!

Dotsmam Thu 14-May-15 18:27:57

Dustyangle where in the name of the wee man are you? !

loopylou Thu 14-May-15 18:58:25

Clearly not Wiltshire Dotsmam !

dustyangel Thu 14-May-15 20:30:37

loopylou grin

I'm in Portugal Dotsmam. In the Algarve, about 15 kms inland in the hills.smile

loopylou Thu 14-May-15 20:34:06

envy envy dustyangel
I dream of living somewhere warm/hot!

Almost 2" rain here today, and it felt like most of it landed on me!

rosesarered Fri 15-May-15 11:45:12

Sunny here!