Gransnet forums

Chat

The weather today !

(29 Posts)
Sheena Tue 19-May-15 18:35:44

Well I think we have had just about all types of weather here in my part of Surrey...all but snow !!

We've had sunshine, the never-ending wind, rain, hail (and lots of it! ), thunder and lightening.

We're almost half way through the year and still getting days as bad as winter. Mind you, when it does get hot..I'll be the first to moan grin...don't like it hot...don't like it cold,.....don't like it windy (it makes my nose and eyes run ), in fact there isn't really just the right type of weather just for me....

How has the weather been for you today wink ?

cornergran Tue 08-Mar-16 09:00:18

Grey and pouring down in our bit of Somerset. Oh for some sunshine.

Nelliemoser Tue 08-Mar-16 08:54:46

The sky is grey here in Cheshire. After yesterdays glorious sunshine it is disappointing.

rosesarered Tue 08-Mar-16 08:43:30

Which must mean.......it's time to clean the windows and wash the curtains and clear out all the Winter clutter.

rosesarered Tue 08-Mar-16 08:42:23

Garden full of Spring flowers and small birds carrying moss and twigs.smile

rosesarered Tue 08-Mar-16 08:41:16

Grey here at the moment, but it was a cold night with a frost, thankfully it will get warmer in a few days.

rosesarered Tue 08-Mar-16 08:40:11

Grey is the new black?

thatbags Tue 08-Mar-16 07:14:22

Back to damp and grey in Argyll after a few days of lovely cold sunshine. My ambition this year is to capture some of the beauty of grey in photographs.

rubylady Tue 08-Mar-16 02:18:05

It's fantastic, the British weather. So changeable in a matter of moments. I would hate to live in a country where it was hot or cold all the time. Give me this variation from minute to minute anytime, it at least brightens the day watching from my chair. smile

granjura Mon 07-Mar-16 14:57:38

... and snowing like crazy again!

granjura Mon 07-Mar-16 10:05:47

Winter wonderland- sunshine and twinkling snow- huge blue sky so so bright.

Cherrytree59 Sun 06-Mar-16 21:30:25

Don't they say ' In like a lion out like a lamb'?

grannylyn65 Sun 06-Mar-16 19:16:35

Sunny but cold here in Perth

granjura Sun 06-Mar-16 17:15:17

And we thought Spring had sprung !

We've had about 4 ' of snow and it is still snowing heavily in my Swiss mountains shock

off to Sicily to get a bit of sunshine on Friday, but the weather forecast is not that good - will have to pack plenty of layers and a waterproof- but at least it will be warmer than here !

AshTree Tue 19-May-15 21:59:35

roses and Sheena gringringrin

thatbags Tue 19-May-15 21:34:15

Quite nippy out this morning, strong breezes all day and some short, light showers. Right now pink clouds are sailing past my window.

hildajenniJ Tue 19-May-15 21:16:34

Sunshine and showers, and then, in the middle of the afternoon we had a thunderstorm, of short duration thankfully. I managed to get the washing dry even so.

Sheena Tue 19-May-15 20:49:41

AshTree we used to live in North Devon a few years back and then the rain either went from left to right..or right to left smile . !!

rosesarered Tue 19-May-15 20:45:27

Heehee, I thought you were night time security somewhere AshTree!

AshTree Tue 19-May-15 20:37:22

To work? That's what comes of typing while I'm watching TV grin. I meant, to bed of course!

AshTree Tue 19-May-15 20:36:30

Just sun and intermittent rain today in west Devon. Oh, and windy and quite cold. No thunderstorms or hail though, thank heavens. We do seem to be paying for the wonderful summer we had last year, don't we? I have the living room fire on most days - and most nights I still take a hot water bottle to work. How ridiculous is that?

Pittcity Tue 19-May-15 19:34:54

All of the above here in Colchester today. Settled down to watch TV and the sun has come out. ..sods law!

Lapwing Tue 19-May-15 19:31:55

Rain, Sun, hail stones, thunder, rain, sun hail stones ........ and on and on.

loopylou Tue 19-May-15 18:47:21

Oops! Now a cracking thunderstorm........

loopylou Tue 19-May-15 18:45:49

Here in Wiltshire we've had alternating bright sunshine, torrential rain which was very localised, hail, black thunderclouds and now it's pouring down again. The wind's been very blustery with branches down in the lanes between here and the motorway, lots of leaves too.

The wind makes me jittery and my eyes run.

Weather forecast not much better, oh dear........

Just to cap it all I've got a seven mile detour because the back lane's been closed without any warning and no diversion signs either. There were plenty of infuriated drivers stuck in queues this morning angry
No idea how long for either!

rosesarered Tue 19-May-15 18:44:27

Yes, same here Sheena, it has to be just right for me also, like Goldilocks.rain, hail and sun today, and going to be a frost perhaps tonight so have already covered up a few things in pots, as only just bought them!