Gransnet forums

Chat

Cover blown

(42 Posts)
FlicketyB Thu 25-Jun-15 07:57:13

My cover has been blown and I am signing off for the time being.

I will be back.

jinglbellsfrocks Thu 25-Jun-15 10:48:06

I think Flickety must have left GN open on their 'puter. Great sense of humour Mr F. grin

annsixty Thu 25-Jun-15 11:04:48

Gosh I hope I haven't set the cat amongst the pigeons and misread the situation. Feeling a bit blush now.

soontobe Thu 25-Jun-15 11:40:04

My DH is the same as yours jingl. Runs a mile if I ask him to read anything on here!

harrigran Thu 25-Jun-15 11:51:30

DH knows my name and if he doesn't like what he reads then he should not read it grin

Bellanonna Thu 25-Jun-15 11:59:27

Mine wouldn't know how to access GN on my iPad. Even if he did he would never be curious enough to look. He doesn't quite get the whole concept of GN and I think finds it slightly amusing. Some weeks ago, when Bellasnana told us her very sad news, I was in tears. Had to tell him it was my hay fever as any explanation would have puzzled him. I think Mr F was a bit naughty but I can see he has a sense of humour to actually create a name and join GN to make his post. Yes, I know this is just speculation. I enjoyed reading FB s very grounded comments. I hope she gets back soon.

soontobe Thu 25-Jun-15 12:02:04

My kids know my name. I send them links sometimes, if I think the subject matter relates to them in some way.

janeainsworth Thu 25-Jun-15 15:02:02

Flickety if you're still there .....
Come back soon, I always enjoy your posts.

grannyactivist Thu 25-Jun-15 15:20:16

All my family know my Gransnet name and sometimes ask what various people are up to. My sons occasionally check out my posts and the eldest once took the trouble to look up what the grans had to say about a DVD box set called The Wire - and bought it for me because 'the grans thought it was good'. My husband is more interested in themes and we'll often discuss points of view expressed on here. Even one of my lodgers expressed an interest in a particular situation where one of the grans was going through a particularly difficult situation. smile

crun Thu 25-Jun-15 15:39:22

There's a limit to how much you can say on forums without somebody recognising you, not everyone on the internet is at the other end of the country, some are in the next street. I had a remark from my dentist to let me know he'd been reading my posts.

soontobe Thu 25-Jun-15 15:48:42

Good grief crun!
I seem to live in an area where people dont spend much time on forums. Thankfully.

soontobe Thu 25-Jun-15 15:57:22

Was it because you mentioned your doctor's surgery? I try and keep anything to do with my area, non specific.

annodomini Thu 25-Jun-15 16:03:42

Mine was blown because of some details of my activites that I let slip, but have never had any repercussions since.

crun Sat 27-Jun-15 14:15:33

Someone had been asking about crowns, so I told her about the one I'd just had done. I probably mentioned that I'd been getting a bad taste from it and was suspicious that he was fobbing me off, so that might be why he was miffed.

crun Sat 27-Jun-15 14:17:49

Someone had been asking about crowns, so I told her about the one I'd just had done. I probably mentioned that I'd been getting a bad taste from it and was suspicious that he was fobbing me off, so that might be why he was miffed.

Tegan Sat 27-Jun-15 14:40:12

Someone on another forum pinponted the exact stret I lived in, and this was a forum that is totaly impersonal ie no pm facility or profile giving! It wasn't a problem but it could have been! And I gave no specific details at the time, just a general comment about a pub in my area being on fire.

rosesarered Sat 27-Jun-15 22:36:19

Tegan, that seems very strange doesn't it?I know FlicketyB 's village and she knows mine ( we live near each other) but we don't know which street/house etc and would never pry.