Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Tuesday

(30 Posts)
12Michael Tue 28-Jul-15 06:46:14

Good Morning Everyone,
Its a grey cloudy morning here in Brackley , decided to stop wearing polo shirts in favour of a much warmer sweat shirt, on the other hand taking metformin for diabetes's 2 and I have loosing weight since I have took them.
Mick

ninathenana Tue 28-Jul-15 07:35:11

Morning Mick and everyone.
Blue sky and fluffy clouds but still windy here in N Kent.

ninathenana Tue 28-Jul-15 07:36:31

Your lucky Mick, they've never had that effect on me smile

whitewave Tue 28-Jul-15 07:39:13

Blue sky but not very warm here in Brighton. Having hair done today.

NfkDumpling Tue 28-Jul-15 07:42:22

Morning Mick, morning All

Not too chilly here - yet. And a watery sun has just broken through. Hopefully it'll be a nice day and we'll get to dry out a bit. There is a goodly wind. At least the water levels are back up so when summer does deign to return we won't have to worry about hose pipe bans.

The surveyor is coming this afternoon to measure up for a solid conservatory roof. Should be be bothering?!

Happy Tuesday Everybody

thatbags Tue 28-Jul-15 07:52:15

Morning all! Rain.

The plan for the day, thus far, is to make goosegog ice-cream, and a chocolate fudge cake to go with it.

kittylester Tue 28-Jul-15 07:59:31

Good morning all!

Grey here in North Leicestershire.

Out for a lovely relaxing lunch with friends!

Pittcity Tue 28-Jul-15 08:02:27

Good morning all. Sun trying to peep out in Colchester. Still breezy here but dry and warm.
We'll all be round for tea thatbags!

baubles Tue 28-Jul-15 08:02:46

Morning all. More rain here but as I'm working today I'll hardly notice the weather.

SloeGinny Tue 28-Jul-15 08:43:23

Morning all, grey, cold and breezy here, I'm going to follow Micks example and wear something warm.

Teaching today, then a dash home to pack an overnight bag and set off to Warwickshire for an all day meeting tomorrow.

Your cake and ice cream sounds good thatbags, enjoy!

Lona Tue 28-Jul-15 09:00:41

Morning all!
It's pickling down here, just like yesterday! Nothing planned, so do I have to clean the oven?

no

Enjoy your lunch kitty

annodomini Tue 28-Jul-15 09:11:30

Good morning. Just as Lona says. So annoying! I may have to do some houseework.

Nanato5 Tue 28-Jul-15 09:15:44

Good morning from the High Weald.
Calm and grey here.

AshTree Tue 28-Jul-15 09:37:56

Morning everyone smile. Not raining .... yet. But dull and overcast, so not holding my breath. It isn't, however, making me feel I have to do some housework grin. I'm going to get on with a little baby bolero I started knitting yesterday, much more enjoyable.

thatbags Tue 28-Jul-15 16:05:44

Here you are then, peeps, home-made mocha-fudgy-chocolate cake and gooseberry ice-cream for afternoon tea. Dig in or, as my great uncle Charlie used to say: "Reach to".

NfkDumpling Tue 28-Jul-15 16:10:28

That looks rather too nice to be good for you Bags! Would the goosegog ice cream work with red currants I wonder?

Bobbysgirl19 Tue 28-Jul-15 16:10:53

Oooooh looks yummy!

loopylou Tue 28-Jul-15 16:12:22

I'm drooling unattractively thatbags hmm, do you use an ice cream maker? I must admit goosegog ice cream sounds yummy!

Cold and grey here in Wiltshire; have put on sweatshirt, fleece and thicker socks progressively throughout the day.....

Wishing sunshine on everyone x

loopylou Tue 28-Jul-15 16:13:38

Added bonus would be DH hates gooseberries! Therefore plenty for me.....!

thatbags Tue 28-Jul-15 16:23:27

I should think it would, nfk. Stewed fruit, custard, thick cream. Freeze. That easy.

thatbags Tue 28-Jul-15 16:24:48

I didn't use an ice-cream maker, loopy (don't have one). I just stirred the three ingredients together.

loopylou Tue 28-Jul-15 16:29:55

Definitely making it!
Thank you thatbags x

Juliette Tue 28-Jul-15 16:31:40

Is that Birds custard bags or the stuff much beloved of Masterchef participants that always turns into scrambled mush for me?

thatbags Tue 28-Jul-15 16:45:45

Birds custard, juliette, just made as normal. Maybe a bit on the thick side.

Nelliemoser Tue 28-Jul-15 17:25:44

Thatbags Me too! I have a large stash of Gooseberries the quickest way of dealing with them is by just stirring stewed sweetened gooseberries into blancmange thick custard powder custard.
The last time I did this I was going to make gooseberry fool but didn't have any cream. It was still lovely.

I also have gooseberry ice cream in my freezer and several jars of Gooseberry jam. They hold prize Gooseberry contests in Cheshire.
We are posh in Cheshire. None of your Whippets and Geordie championship leek growing down here. wink